First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
As an arizonan I need you to elaborate on the A/C unit while camping. Is this just a window unit that you're plugging into an outlet at an rv campground?
I use one of those portable units that you use a hose to vent the hot air out and has a drain tube for the water. I thought about the window shaker, but then I have to modify the tent, and sometimes I take a different tent with me so this is a little more flexible.

I plug this into an outlet at the campground. A lot of the sites here in FL have power, just need to make sure first.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if my girl got Pregnant, still would stick with the 2dr, as I view it as personal vs family.

No shame in the 4dr, to each his own, but be me fulfilling a childhood dream, just with a Bronco instead of a Wrangler xD

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use one of those portable units that you use a hose to vent the hot air out and has a drain tube for the water. I thought about the window shaker, but then I have to modify the tent, and sometimes I take a different tent with me so this is a little more flexible.

I plug this into an outlet at the campground. A lot of the sites here in FL have power, just need to make sure first.
I legitimately never thought of this until you posted it... I wonder if they make a small enough unit that I could shove it in my Bronco. I'll have to look into it and then maybe go back to considering a 4 door.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I legitimately never thought of this until you posted it... I wonder if they make a small enough unit that I could shove it in my Bronco. I'll have to look into it and then maybe go back to considering a 4 door.
Don’t do it man. In AZ, campgrounds that have plugs are like KOAs or in the RV section of private campgrounds... We have so much great dispersed camping and national forest sites it seems wrong to even think of doing that. Just go higher up in the summer and lower in the winter -always nice weather someplace in the state.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had 4 door vehicles for 40 years and now it's time for 2 doors again. We got a Honda Element, back seats removed, for hauling our English Mastiff around and my wife has an Audi Q5 with plenty of doors for other folks to ride around. 2 Door Rapid Red BL, BD, or WT with a white top. Haven't decided on which one yet, need the B&P tool for final selection. But it will be a 2 door model.

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don’t do it man. In AZ, campgrounds that have plugs are like KOAs or in the RV section of private campgrounds... We have so much great dispersed camping and national forest sites it seems wrong to even think of doing that. Just go higher up in the summer and lower in the winter -always nice weather someplace in the state.
That's a fair counter point as well. At this time I'm just grumpy about how hot it's been this year and has yet to let up. So my head is obsessed with the idea of staying cool right now haha.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I forked up...I forked up bad.

I told my wife that I could be persuaded to go for a 4-door with the soft top as long as I still had a manual and she said "what about a 2-door but automatic?"

She's outflanking me! Help!

Ford Bronco Rethinking the 2-Door 1395cV7aUaBhlK

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved a 2 door but shortly after convinced myself I “needed” a 4 door. Then I remembered my dad has a truck and also several friends and family. I’m dead set on a 2 door now and I’m glad it’s not a bulking mass like the FJ

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm actually getting the MT - I don't care if it's likely made in China or that I will require the 4cyl. I'm also probably getting a soft-top. All to increase the fun factor. If I want practical I'll just drive my Mazda6 instead. But fun can't limit what I can do, what I can bring, or who I can take, so that leads to the 2dr/4dr debate - I think it's the exact opposite, in that most people will regret buying the 2dr just because they thought it was "cooler" when it's space and access are so limited. If it's just you, your dog, and a tent it's probably fine but for 95% of us the 4dr is a much better option. I just watched a vid on how the front seat moves out of the way to access the passenger area for the 2dr and it's worse than I even imagined...

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's a fair counter point as well. At this time I'm just grumpy about how hot it's been this year and has yet to let up. So my head is obsessed with the idea of staying cool right now haha.
Don’t blame you - I am still under “work from home” due to pandemic so I stayed in northern Arizona all summer. So I missed the super-heat this year. Heading to Tucson this weekend to get some stuff from my office then booking it back up north ASAP.

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don’t blame you - I am still under “work from home” due to pandemic so I stayed in northern Arizona all summer. So I missed the super-heat this year. Heading to Tucson this weekend to get some stuff from my office then booking it back up north ASAP.
I envy you right now. The pandemic moved a lot of my field work (I'm of a U of A lab manager) from early spring to late June... By the way, about a mile past the rooster cogburn ostrich ranch you'll see a bunch of white poles sticking out of the ground on that wide open space every 500 feet until Redrock. Those are dust samplers I setup this year. You'll have to look closely to see them since they are only 3 feet tall and about 100 feet from the highway itself. If you see a beat up chevy truck out there as well that's me (belongs to the u of a).

Last edited:

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

99.999% of these aren't going to be wheeled hard enough where there's any difference between SWB and LWB.

Get the one you want.
Sponsored