T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I’ve been dead set on the 2 door since day one, but i am getting super fed up on waiting. I already gave up wheeling last summer waiting on the Bronco, and I’m not going to do that for another summer.

All this is compounded by the frustration of seeing walk in orders get build dates, and people who reserved after me get scheduled. Said frustration has actually caused me to look at jeeps, and I honestly might like the 4 door wrangler a bit more than the 2 door. (Though the 2 door Bronco is still king).

This got me thinking, maybe switching my order to a 4 door soft top is the right answer. I know after Moab offroadeo that a 4 door will do what I need when wheeling (parts of it better than a 2 door, parts of it worse, but it would still be able to get me everywhere I want to go).

So, anyone got any thoughts on switching at this point, and whether or not it is likely to do anything? I‘ll admit I’m seriously considering a Jeep now too.
If your goal is getting out to go wheeling then buy the Jeep, I would not count on the B showing up any time soon. I'm frustrated as well, waiting two years for a car seems crazy.
Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guy Josh James at Brinson Ford in Athens Tx said they still have allocation. Plus they aren’t market adjusting them. No discount but no mark up 🤷‍♂️

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's refreshing to see the enthusiasm for 2-door cars in this forum, in a world that generally shuns 2-door vehicles.

For as much as I love the 2-door Bronco, I hate the 4-door even more. Another giant 4-door SUV in a world of giant 4-door SUVs, and it's ugly to boot. Praise FORD for building the 2-door with a manual transmission.

I predict 30-50 years from now the 2-door Bronco will be a desired collectable and the 4-doors will be used for parts to restore them.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy whatever you want, but don’t compromise on big things. I think the 4 door on 35s is the best looking Bronco by far, and the most capable of doing what I do…so I went with that. If you disagree, then do you…but don’t compromise on what you want at all.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I bet you have it by then. Are the tube doors part of your order? If so, could that be the hold up?
Tube doors come from dealer, not the order going to Ford.

That means I would have to be scheduled in January or February at the latest. Some how, I do not see that happening.

OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tube doors come from dealer, not the order going to Ford.

That means I would have to be scheduled in January or February at the latest. Some how, I do not see that happening.
When was your reservation if you don't mind me asking?

miked47

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I changed from a 2 dr to a 4dr soft top for that exact reason. Been driving it for about 6 weeks and I am very happy with the 4 doors and the soft top is really nice. I was going to order a 2 dr while i drove the 4dr but now Im just going to stay with the one I have. No regrerts.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

July 15, 2020 0730 am
You're just a few hours ahead of me. Unfortunately I am also very unconvinced I'll get mine by summer, so I'm looking real hard at a Rubicon right now.

NMBronco2021

Outer Banks
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I’ve been dead set on the 2 door since day one, but i am getting super fed up on waiting. I already gave up wheeling last summer waiting on the Bronco, and I’m not going to do that for another summer.

All this is compounded by the frustration of seeing walk in orders get build dates, and people who reserved after me get scheduled. Said frustration has actually caused me to look at jeeps, and I honestly might like the 4 door wrangler a bit more than the 2 door. (Though the 2 door Bronco is still king).

This got me thinking, maybe switching my order to a 4 door soft top is the right answer. I know after Moab offroadeo that a 4 door will do what I need when wheeling (parts of it better than a 2 door, parts of it worse, but it would still be able to get me everywhere I want to go).

So, anyone got any thoughts on switching at this point, and whether or not it is likely to do anything? I‘ll admit I’m seriously considering a Jeep now too.
Never compromise

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're just a few hours ahead of me. Unfortunately I am also very unconvinced I'll get mine by summer, so I'm looking real hard at a Rubicon right now.
I was thinking about trying a Gladiator just to see if I like the “Truck” part of off road 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored