First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I’ve been dead set on the 2 door since day one, but i am getting super fed up on waiting. I already gave up wheeling last summer waiting on the Bronco, and I’m not going to do that for another summer.

All this is compounded by the frustration of seeing walk in orders get build dates, and people who reserved after me get scheduled. Said frustration has actually caused me to look at jeeps, and I honestly might like the 4 door wrangler a bit more than the 2 door. (Though the 2 door Bronco is still king).

This got me thinking, maybe switching my order to a 4 door soft top is the right answer. I know after Moab offroadeo that a 4 door will do what I need when wheeling (parts of it better than a 2 door, parts of it worse, but it would still be able to get me everywhere I want to go).

So, anyone got any thoughts on switching at this point, and whether or not it is likely to do anything? I‘ll admit I’m seriously considering a Jeep now too.
There's a 2dr in Tyler Texas. Saw it Friday.
Screenshot_20211226-183635.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dont give up, I mean look at the difference
B4673D36-D41F-4C16-B541-DA8D82EE8336.jpeg

Way I see it,
BE67E3D5-9FCC-4A79-8EC5-7CD619E203D9.jpeg
Way I see it, the 4-Door looks better, even with the floppy. :) You have an early reservation, OP. If the 2-Door means that much to you, which it sounds like it does, hold tight. Your time is coming.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way I see it, the 4-Door looks better, even with the floppy. :) You have an early reservation, OP. If the 2-Door means that much to you, which it sounds like it does, hold tight. Your time is coming.
speaking of floppy, ordered a Bestop because I cant stand the Mic. Trektop is just pull over a min and your fine, Mic is a commitment to that day

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. 2 doors are being built
boy that 4dr is donkey as hell
3. 2 door is a bronco, 4 door is a bronco sport.

Basically comparing a bronco to a fat pig, or in this case, a donkey.

If you want a BRONCO then you need to get a 2 door. People that say otherwise have no clue and probably have made sacrifices in other parts of their lives as well

Otoh, if it's just a car to you it doesn't matter, get what you can get now... might as well just buy a toyota

If you're going to get a 4 door, you need to ask yourself why you want a bronco, because there are probably better cars out there with more cup holders

Why would you get something you don't want?

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
speaking of floppy, ordered a Bestop because I cant stand the Mic. Trektop is just pull over a min and your fine, Mic is a commitment to that day
I like the Bestop better than the factory top. Plan all along has been hardtop first, then softy. Will be cheaper that way.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

If you want a BRONCO then you need to get a 2 door. People that say otherwise have no clue and probably have made sacrifices in other parts of their lives as well

Otoh, if it's just a car to you it doesn't matter, get what you can get now... might as well just buy a toyota
Okayyyy.....

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You Forgot the hideous “Centerion”

looks like an F-350 Crewcab farm truck had a Baby with an F150 Bronco

Ford Bronco Giving up on the 2 door? F5553D4A-2CD5-41DC-BF78-C1FB96B626F3
I would much rather have this over a 4dr 6G, and I don't even like FSBs.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're going to get a 4 door, you need to ask yourself why you want a bronco, because there are probably better cars out there with more cup holders

Why would you get something you don't want?
We should settle this 2-dr vs. 4-dr back and forth. The 2-dr is a Bronco and the 4-dr is a Chonco.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love my 2dr OBX. Nothing against the 4dr and if you need the extra room you need the extra room but I could live without it and the 2dr is Bronco purity.

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a 2dr in Tyler Texas. Saw it Friday.
Ford Bronco Giving up on the 2 door? F5553D4A-2CD5-41DC-BF78-C1FB96B626F3
I stopped in to check it out and seen the sticker price for a base Sasquatch. I just turned around and walked away.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go get a 4-door!!!
I want everyone to get a 4-door so I have half a chance of getting my 2-door before the 2025 refresh.

But for what it's worth, I will never buy a 4-door. There is a reason that every Ford video has the 4-door topless... Because the thing is ugly otherwise.

My kid has a 1970 EB, and Ford did such a fabulous job paying homage to the EB with the 6G 2-door. The 4-door is just an afterthought to appease the modern car market. The only thing I like about the 4-door is that it makes the 2-door possible.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately in another couple months waiting will no longer be an option. I am not willing to spend another summer unable to go the places I want (my current truck won’t fit).

At this point I fully plan on driving a new 4x4 by summer, I’d like it to be a 2 door Bronco, but Ford seems to be actively trying to dissuade early res holders that don’t even have ballpark delivery estimates yet.
I Planned a Trip wheeling with my 2 brothers and their Jeeps for a Week June of 2022, planned this last June. I doubt I'll have my 2-Door Bad Lands by then. Really sad Ford said reservation holders would get them first. Yet I see them out and about now. I know my dealer has sold some to non reservation holders.

The worse part is when Friends ask when your getting your Bronco.

@Ford does not care at all about reservation holders. Reservation means close to nothing, Allocation is King.

I'm sticking it out a while more, but if and when I abandon my Bronco, I'll never step foot in a Ford dealer again.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stopped in to check it out and seen the sticker price for a base Sasquatch. I just turned around and walked away.
We didn't even stop. It looked good from the road. Almost as good as Bonny Jean. You have yours yet?
Ford Bronco Giving up on the 2 door? PXL_20211210_202011697

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I Planned a Trip wheeling with my 2 brothers and their Jeeps for a Week June of 2022, planned this last June. I doubt I'll have my 2-Door Bad Lands by then. Really sad Ford said reservation holders would get them first. Yet I see them out and about now. I know my dealer has sold some to non reservation holders.

The worse part is when Friends ask when your getting your Bronco.

@Ford does not care at all about reservation holders. Reservation means close to nothing, Allocation is King.

I'm sticking it out a while more, but if and when I abandon my Bronco, I'll never step foot in a Ford dealer again.
I bet you have it by then. Are the tube doors part of your order? If so, could that be the hold up?
Sponsored