First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cannot figure out if there is a way to leave the goat mode in the last setting used instead of having to acknowledge the pop up window to allow it to remain in the previous mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't know that anyone has figured that out yet. You can add and remove modes, but return to last ... not yet.

cake

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There was someone working on hooking up an Arduino to the CAN bus to hack this behavior in, AFAIK thats the only possible way to do it currently.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope, bugs the hell at of me that it asked every time I started the vehicle, I now just leave it in normal mode 😔

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can say, if you install the Ford Performance Tune, you won't care so much that it always starts in Normal.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I cannot figure out if there is a way to leave the goat mode in the last setting used instead of having to acknowledge the pop up window to allow it to remain in the previous mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, you are correct, when you've been operating in a dialed Goat Mode, and you stop the engine, when you restart the engine, the computer remembers your previous setting for a few seconds. It asks you on a pop-up, "Keep the previous Goat setting?" If you dont press "OK" quickly, it reverts. Ford may see this as a safety feature. I usually miss the popup. Curiously, the car will stay in 4L or 4H. Thats usually enough anyway.

All this seems to be a result of the fact that a "Mode" is just a collection of computer settings. Shifting is all electronically actuated.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it’s more an EPA thing - I seem to recall reading somewhere that they do not have to do testing on non-default modes. But if you let a mode default on startup, it has to pass EPA and the mileage reporting NHSTA safety testing and everything.

But make it optional and a user choice every time and you can just put the default “for off road use only” sticker on it

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't find it that big of a deal and no there is no fix for it.

However what really bugs me (And I think it's a oversight with Ford) is that say you are in Mud/Ruts and you are in 4L. When you start the Bronco and it askes if you want to stay in Mud/Ruts and you click OK, it freaks out because it wants you to go back to 4H (because that's the default). So you have to start the Bronco, go to neutral, let it shift back to 4H, just so you can press the 4L button again).

Now THAT'S a problem...not simple pressing OK when you start.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Strange thing is our ‘22 F250 at work will stay in the mode you were in upon restart. There is a time limit as I’ll notice the next day it will ask. But throughout the day many key cycles it will keep the selected mode. That tells me it’s possible. I just don’t know enough or where to look to change the setting.

Sponsored

dpequip

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco OBX 23 Maverick AWD F350 Flatbed 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If this is truly related to EPA testing & published ratings, the F250 will likely be different if it has a GVW over 8500lbs (It should be) Trucks over 8500lbs GVW are exempt from stating fuel economy numbers and a number of other regulations.

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't find it that big of a deal and no there is no fix for it.

However what really bugs me (And I think it's a oversight with Ford) is that say you are in Mud/Ruts and you are in 4L. When you start the Bronco and it askes if you want to stay in Mud/Ruts and you click OK, it freaks out because it wants you to go back to 4H (because that's the default). So you have to start the Bronco, go to neutral, let it shift back to 4H, just so you can press the 4L button again).

Now THAT'S a problem...not simple pressing OK when you start.
This happened to me wheeling. The computer freaked I freaked t case freaked. It was a bad situation. Took me a bit to figure out how to solve it after it wouldnt let me shift t-case. All of my Jeep buddies busting my balls. Soooo i no longer turn off my bronco when wheeling in rock crawl 4L. If i have to turn off motor i switch back to Normal before shutting it off.
Sponsored