Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine shows this also....don't seem to matter....anyone know what EXACTLY this means or how to clear it?
Which module is reporting that DTC?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Uh....ABS says UO256

PCM ..... UO422

BdyCM has 3 code
B14B8
B14E5
B14B7
ABS doesn't even list that DTC in the workshop manual, so I'm a little confused there lol

PCM U0422 is invalid data received from the BCM, most likely caused by a change in tire size if you have done that. Wont affect anything, but you wont be able to clear it.

B14B8 and B14B7 Also aren't listed anywhere in the workshop manual.

B14E5 is Left Front Enhanced Exterior Lighting System - A common DTC when the headlights have been changed to aftermarket replacements. Also wont affect anything, but cannot be cleared. Mine has this same DTC after switching to Morimoto's

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ABS doesn't even list that DTC in the workshop manual, so I'm a little confused there lol

PCM U0422 is invalid data received from the BCM, most likely caused by a change in tire size if you have done that. Wont affect anything, but you wont be able to clear it.

B14B8 and B14B7 Also aren't listed anywhere in the workshop manual.

B14E5 is Left Front Enhanced Exterior Lighting System - A common DTC when the headlights have been changed to aftermarket replacements. Also wont affect anything, but cannot be cleared. Mine has this same DTC after switching to Morimoto's
Thank you!

Yeah they don't seem to cause issues ...

I think the ones that don't show up are there because I've made mine mimic F150 as built and also bronco sport as builts...to try to activate Stop n Go and lane centering...

Probably got stuck in there from that.

My asbuilt data is probably the most modified possible. ROFL

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Ducati1098 any idea where to search for the fix for this??? This seems to be the rear door proximity issue for me and probably others too.
Weird thing is I only see the code forscan when I run a module test....

20230302_093157.jpg

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Weird thing is I only see the code forscan when I run a module test.... but then this module don't show up in the list...
I’m not sure I understand what you mean by this.

Also, don’t you have a 2 door? I’m confused how it’s even throwing that code.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by this.

Also, don’t you have a 2 door? I’m confused how it’s even throwing that code.
Correct 2dr FE...I'm confused also. I figured ford mis-named this for the rear gate proximity sensor. Especially since my rear door sensor is broken or damaged or the code is wrong.

The proximity sensor on rear gate door dose not unlock or lock as it's supposed to with fob nearby.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Correct 2dr FE...I'm confused also. I figured ford mis-named this for the rear gate proximity sensor. Especially since my rear door sensor is broken or damaged or the code is wrong.

The proximity sensor on rear gate door dose not unlock or lock as it's supposed to with fob nearby.
Ahh, okay I get it now. If the tailgate passive entry is INOP it just directs you to the same pinpoint test as any of the other ones. So it’s probably just a generic code generated letting you know that one or more passive entry handle isn’t working.

So your tailgate won’t unlock with the passive feature. But I’m assuming it still unlocks and locks correctly using the fob?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ahh, okay I get it now. If the tailgate passive entry is INOP it just directs you to the same pinpoint test as any of the other ones. So it’s probably just a generic code generated letting you know that one or more passive entry handle isn’t working.

So your tailgate won’t unlock with the passive feature. But I’m assuming it still unlocks and locks correctly using the fob?
Correct so the locking mechanism is functioning and gets power and ground but this proximity sensor is faulty I think or got wet in my pickup situation...but I'm having trouble even locating it. I know where the fronts are but not the rear gate sensor.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Correct so the locking mechanism is functioning and gets power and ground but this proximity sensor is faulty I think or got wet in my pickup situation...but I'm having trouble even locating it. I know where the fronts are but not the rear gate sensor.
The proximity sensor is part of the tailgate handle. There should be a connector that attaches to the tailgate handle, which is what I would inspect. You can get to it by removing the plastic panel on the inside of the tailgate.

Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions 35D8F79C-D1EE-4121-AF7E-2B5A15859B5C

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The proximity sensor is part of the tailgate handle. There should be a connector that attaches to the tailgate handle, which is what I would inspect. You can get to it by removing the plastic panel on the inside of the tailgate.

Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions 35D8F79C-D1EE-4121-AF7E-2B5A15859B5C
Out searching the door now thanks 😊

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out searching the door now thanks 😊
No problem. If the connector looks okay, it may just be a failed proximity sensor inside the handle.
I have a spare tailgate handle I’d be willing to ship you off my 22 Lux WT. Only problem is that it’s MIC and not painted like I believe yours are.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No problem. If the connector looks okay, it may just be a failed proximity sensor inside the handle.
I have a spare tailgate handle I’d be willing to ship you off my 22 Lux WT. Only problem is that it’s MIC and not painted like I believe yours are.
Wow sending DM now...I have color matching paint cans already to go, lol.many thanks.

Last edited:

AZWildTrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, but I figured it out. I signed up for the free trial, and was sent a temporary code.
Did all I had to do within the first 2 weeks and haven't touched it since.
Added Sport mode, changed horizontal bar to orange, disabled double honk, global windows, and I believe that's all I needed.
All of the changes were simple enough and were done in the first day, but the horizontal bar to orange threw me off for a while because I didn't realize that it only turns orange when in Drive, Neutral, and Reverse WHILE the headlight is off IN auto headlight mode.
I was messing with this tonight. The Orange bar in particular was driving me a bit crazy. So Drive/Neutral and Reverse while the headlights are not automatically turned on while in auto mode is when it works.

What Forscan settings did you use? 726-42-01, 0101-xxxx-xx--? Others?

There really isn't good information on this particular setting.

Thanks!

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a way to get rid of modes? I don't need normal and absolutely hate eco, this isn't a prius after all
Sponsored