First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for letting me know about them. I was very close to using their service and then said screw it and tried it myself. I used the instructions on page 8 of this thread, but used the PCM "Module initialization/relearn from Central Configuration" (as it was fixed so the work around is no longer needed) and tweaked it a few times until I got my speedometer pretty close (Iā€™m probably .5 mph faster, but the tires are brand new so it should be a little fast). After doing this several times, I feel like a pro now šŸ˜‚
Ah. Maybe thatā€™s what I didnā€™t realize. I was still doing the work around. Iā€™ll have to try that.
Sponsored

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ah. Maybe thatā€™s what I didnā€™t realize. I was still doing the work around. Iā€™ll have to try that.
Just make sure you have the latest version of Forscan installed.

nametaken

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2dr, 22 Model 3, 23 Frontier, Vanderhall
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Use the PCM service function instead of the PCM relearn. The PCM relearn doesn't work.

UPDATE: on new Forscan versions (2.3.52+), " PCM Module initialization/relearn vehicle data" is reported to work.

Detail:
1- I used FORScanSetup2.3.47.test20220221 (version that supports MY2022 goat modes) with OBDLink EX. You will also need a FORScan demo license.
FORScanSetup2.3.47.test20220221.exe

2- Set front/rear TPMS and tire size in BdyCM. For KM3 37x12.50R17D on sasquatch wheels, use 35psi and 2760mm. For sasquatch stock tires and wheels, use 39psi and 2653mm. Tire circumference cannot exceed 2800mm. DTC's will be set in 2-3 modules that will need to be fixed.
1649394491708.jpeg
1649394530773.jpeg
1649394551830.jpeg

3 - To fix the non-PCM DTC's, run the AWD relearn. Don't run the PCM relearn (it doesn't work).
1649394679054.jpeg

4 - Clear the DTC's. All should be cleared except PCM.
5 - Run the PCM reset-all-adaptations service function. This will fix the size mismatch and also clear the PCM DTC. It will relearn the engine/trans/fuel adaptations over time while driving. UPDATE: on new Forscan versions (2.3.52+), " PCM Module initialization/relearn vehicle data" is reported to work.
1649394808203.jpeg

6 - Confirm all DTCs are cleared.
1649394872617.jpeg

7 - Install a free speedometer app with tenth-mph readout on your phone and testdrive to confirm speed is within 0.5mph at 60mph cruise control. For new tires, the actual speed should be a little higher than speedo. For worn tires the actual speed will be a little less.
this just saved a heart attack

nametaken

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2dr, 22 Model 3, 23 Frontier, Vanderhall
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just wanted to give my experience on this for anyone else who runs into an issue. I have an Outer Banks and changed the wheels / tires over and wanted to correct the MPH. I went up to 285/70/17 tires.

I set the MM circumference value and hit write, as soon as I did this I got a CEL for the 4 wheel drive system / service soon. I did the step on page 1 for resetting the AWD module and after doing this I no longer had the CEL notification. I shut the vehicle off and turned it back on and the CEL did not come back. I wont be driving it again until tomorrow but it appears as though everything is all set.
I did the same, had a bit of a heart attack, cleared but have not driven it yet...kinda freaked me out

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I am going to try this on my raptor but seems I shouldnā€™t have high hopes because of the 2800 limit. Hopefully this is different for the Raptor since it comes with 37ā€™s. I doubt it since the max values everyone is using is basically a 37ā€ tire.

Also, I have tube doors at the moment. Seems like resetting the AWD Module require the doors to be on to enter the engine off state is this correct? With tube doors as soon as you press the start button the entire vehicle turns off.

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dipping my feet into the Forscan world but strange results. Have latest version of software, license and bought this from amazon:

https://a.co/d/gcc6jV2

This is the screen I get and can't seem to figure out how to show all the modules. I even tried w Bronco running and just accessories on. I'm initially looking to adjust for tire size (37s)

Ford Bronco How to: Recalibrate Speedometer with Forscan for 2021 Bronco 1684802282870

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dipping my feet into the Forscan world but strange results. Have latest version of software, license and bought this from amazon:

This is the screen I get and can't seem to figure out how to show all the modules. I even tried w Bronco running and just accessories on. I'm initially looking to adjust for tire size (37s)

1684802282870.jpeg
Iā€™m not near my Bronco, but you are in the PCM module. Hit the stop button at the bottom then go to the list of modules and run the module for the wheel adjustments. Canā€™t remember which that is right now, maybe BdyCM.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not near my Bronco, but you are in the PCM module. Hit the stop button at the bottom then go to the list of modules and run the module for the wheel adjustments. Canā€™t remember which that is right now, maybe BdyCM.
It's that list I'm struggling to find

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Engine should not be running. If it isn't finding all the modules, be sure to answer "no" when connecting and it asks if you want to use the stored vehicle configuration so that it rescans for the modules. With the cable you have, you will also need to toggle the high/low switch exactly as the software prompts during the module search or it won't find all the modules. If it still doesn't find the modules, you may need a FORScan-recommended cable:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, make sure module list is OK on these 2 screens first. Not sure why you are in PCM program page (shouldn't mess with anything there).
Ford Bronco How to: Recalibrate Speedometer with Forscan for 2021 Bronco 1684804525283

Then you could select the config screen and config tab, then select body control module. Full instructions in earlier post https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...th-forscan-for-2021-bronco.23064/post-1336626
Ford Bronco How to: Recalibrate Speedometer with Forscan for 2021 Bronco 1684805213714

Cameront9

Big Bend
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Use the PCM service function instead of the PCM relearn. The PCM relearn doesn't work.

UPDATE: on new Forscan versions (2.3.52+), " PCM Module initialization/relearn vehicle data" is reported to work.

Detail:
1- I used FORScanSetup2.3.47.test20220221 (version that supports MY2022 goat modes) with OBDLink EX. You will also need a FORScan demo license.

2- Set front/rear TPMS and tire size in BdyCM. For KM3 37x12.50R17D on sasquatch wheels, use 35psi and 2760mm. For sasquatch stock tires and wheels, use 39psi and 2653mm. Tire circumference cannot exceed 2800mm. DTC's will be set in 2-3 modules that will need to be fixed.
Ford Bronco How to: Recalibrate Speedometer with Forscan for 2021 Bronco 1684805213714

3 - To fix the non-PCM DTC's, run the AWD relearn. Don't run the PCM relearn (it doesn't work).

5 - Run the PCM reset-all-adaptations service function. This will fix the size mismatch and also clear the PCM DTC. It will relearn the engine/trans/fuel adaptations over time while driving. UPDATE: on new Forscan versions (2.3.52+), " PCM Module initialization/relearn vehicle data" is reported to work.

7 - Install a free speedometer app with tenth-mph readout on your phone and testdrive to confirm speed is within 0.5mph at 60mph cruise control. For new tires, the actual speed should be a little higher than speedo. For worn tires the actual speed will be a little less.
Thanks for posting this lol. This saved me (and looks like a lot of people) a lot of issues. Just fixed the speedometer, tire pressure, and turned off double honk. Installed 285/75/17 tires with 2ā€ lift, 2700 is the actual circumference but I was 2mph over at 2625 (my first attempt), 2575mm got the speedometer perfect.

Sponsored

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you toggle back to the list of modules, I was able to set my new tire circumference to 2760 with 37s and clear the DTCs, but it seems I could not find a way to jump back and forth to other modules besides closing forscan and reconnecting.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How do you toggle back to the list of modules, I was able to set my new tire circumference to 2760 with 37s and clear the DTCs, but it seems I could not find a way to jump back and forth to other modules besides closing forscan and reconnecting.
I believe you just click the config button on the left tool bar. Notby my cpu right now but I do no itā€™s possible and I did it. Itā€™s either click the module on the left or there is 2 tabs at the top I think

sn1088

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting this lol. This saved me (and looks like a lot of people) a lot of issues. Just fixed the speedometer, tire pressure, and turned off double honk. Installed 285/75/17 tires with 2ā€ lift, 2700 is the actual circumference but I was 2mph over at 2625 (my first attempt), 2575mm got the speedometer perfect.
Going to be doing this on my Bronco tomorrow (adding 37's). Just to verify, do what Step 3 has typed out, but Step 5 skip PCM relearn-all-adaptations and instead do "PCM Module initialization/relearn vehicle data" instead?

Yes, I have the latest Forscan, just want to be clear on the latest update to this procedure. Thanks.

Cameront9

Big Bend
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Going to be doing this on my Bronco tomorrow (adding 37's). Just to verify, do what Step 3 has typed out, but Step 5 skip PCM relearn-all-adaptations and instead do "PCM Module initialization/relearn vehicle data" instead?

Yes, I have the latest Forscan, just want to be clear on the latest update to this procedure. Thanks.
Yes on the latest update you should be able to run the PCM Module initialization/relearn vehicle data. Everything else I followed this and everything works perfect.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Detail:

Since the latest Forscan supports "PCM Module initialization/relearn vehicle data" should we just do that or is it better to do the "PCM reset-all-adaptations service function"?

I'll be doing this all tomorrow.

Great info btw. Thank you!
Sponsored