Sponsored

Ride quality of Badlands non-Squatch versus the Wildtrak?

duckgumbeaux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this has been addressed, but does anyone have personal experience with the ride quality of the Badlands non-squatch versus the Wildtrak? Not sure if I want to sell my Badlands that I really like for a loaded Wildtrak. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the Wildtrak does not have the HOSS 3.0 package (202MY and most of 2022MY)... then the suspension setup is the same.

If it is a 2023MY it has the HOSS 3.0 package. Which does ride better than the Badlands trim. Is it dramatically better? Not really. I could tell the difference but I wasn't overwhelmingly impressed. Do I think it's worth upgrading? Probably not, but depends how much it's going to cost you.

If you'll have to sink more than $4000 to make the swap (not including the differences in the equipment packages)... it's definitely not worth it. You can get a really good aftermarket suspension setup for around the $4000 mark.

You'll also be giving up the disconnecting stabar by switching to Wildtrak. Personally I think the disconnecting stabar is worth way more than HOSS 3.0 package, but I'm guessing if you are considering making the switch the stabar isn't something you find all that important.

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Hoss 3.0 is better for faster movement as the fox shocks are aluminum body instead of steel (higher cooling rates) and have 5 position sensitive valves instead of the bilstein’s 3 positions. Both are easily out performed by most other remote reservoir coilover setups. If you plan on running 37” tires, the upgraded steering rack of the Hoss 3.0 could be an advantage. I have a non-sas badlands and with the tires properly aired down, I have been rather impressed. Bumps that would have been ‘oh shit’ moments in my Tacoma, the bronco floated right over. On the Highway, my Bronco corners better than my Tacoma ever did, but truck vs 2D probably has more to do with that.

Position sensitive shocks are sensitive to weight, so both will suffer if you depart from the stock weight drastically.
Sponsored