Sponsored

The problem with the ride quality argument.

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
I'm with you on this one...…. I have read on here about a secret team-within-the-team working on the Bronco program. To me , one who reads between the lines, leads me to believe that Ford may be doing an "SVT" or Bronco R thing where they would use the Troller parts to "option" the Bronco for SFA buyers. I am not giving up all hope yet.
You may get your wish and I hope you do since they're banking on SUV sales for their future. Ford hit a home run with this and basing it on proven Raptor technology is why. We own 3 raptors in the family and they've all been great vehicles and ride great in all types of terrain. Ford didn't just make a splash with this it's a tidal wave. Basing a new Bronco on Raptor technology is a win win for them. We're going to be getting the best of both worlds in the process. Building a new vehicle using advanced technology gives them a ton to market. That's the kind of thing auto writers and customers live for and ad writers salivate over. I like most of us on here wasn't sure what they were bringing UNTIL I saw the Bronco R footage and pictures.

With 4 engineers in the family it aroused a lot of conversation. It went from could they to would they in short order. Then when we saw the pictures and there's more at different angles in many places it became apparent. There was a huge trail of breadcrumbs out there and it was fairly easy to connect the dots. Owning Raptors made it easy since we could easily identify what we were looking at and then they confirmed what we suspected since they said preproduction suspension and chassis prototype parts in a few places.

So it wasn't a leap the only thing left was would they and we saw that answer yesterday. All I'm going to say is you won't be disappointed ! It most likely can be modified (NOT CHEAPLY) but can be done. It's going to be nice owning one of the best riding, most capable SUV in the market. I think they'll bring it in around 35-45K so while not cheap it's doable for many. Naturally the creature comforts and trim levels will boost the price as will engine choice. So now you've got the potential for a great riding capable SUV that will run great and get decent fuel economy.........FORD JUST RAISED THE BAR! How do we know........those dedicated jeep guys are salivating too and that right there is an unspoken endorsement from some other four wheeler lovers! I'd say Ford had a pretty good month and later this year when the order banks open it'll probably show..........of course this is just my take on things but I think it's on the mark and not to bad for a guy with a custodial engineering degree. Have fun with them boys it's not your grandpa's Bronco or OJ'S either and it's all newer technology what's not to like! Keep the faith you may get what you want ! I'm rolling off into the sunset since I don't do well with these social construct type settings with all their proclivity. It was a pleasure debating with you and you're welcome at my campfire anytime.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You may get your wish and I hope you do since they're banking on SUV sales for their future. Ford hit a home run with this and basing it on proven Raptor technology is why. We own 3 raptors in the family and they've all been great vehicles and ride great in all types of terrain. Ford didn't just make a splash with this it's a tidal wave. Basing a new Bronco on Raptor technology is a win win for them. We're going to be getting the best of both worlds in the process. Building a new vehicle using advanced technology gives them a ton to market. That's the kind of thing auto writers and customers live for and ad writers salivate over. I like most of us on here wasn't sure what they were bringing UNTIL I saw the Bronco R footage and pictures.

With 4 engineers in the family it aroused a lot of conversation. It went from could they to would they in short order. Then when we saw the pictures and there's more at different angles in many places it became apparent. There was a huge trail of breadcrumbs out there and it was fairly easy to connect the dots. Owning Raptors made it easy since we could easily identify what we were looking at and then they confirmed what we suspected since they said preproduction suspension and chassis prototype parts in a few places.

So it wasn't a leap the only thing left was would they and we saw that answer yesterday. All I'm going to say is you won't be disappointed ! It most likely can be modified (NOT CHEAPLY) but can be done. It's going to be nice owning one of the best riding, most capable SUV in the market. I think they'll bring it in around 35-45K so while not cheap it's doable for many. Naturally the creature comforts and trim levels will boost the price as will engine choice. So now you've got the potential for a great riding capable SUV that will run great and get decent fuel economy.........FORD JUST RAISED THE BAR! How do we know........those dedicated jeep guys are salivating too and that right there is an unspoken endorsement from some other four wheeler lovers! I'd say Ford had a pretty good month and later this year when the order banks open it'll probably show..........of course this is just my take on things but I think it's on the mark and not to bad for a guy with a custodial engineering degree. Have fun with them boys it's not your grandpa's Bronco or OJ'S either and it's all newer technology what's not to like! Keep the faith you may get what you want ! I'm rolling off into the sunset since I don't do well with these social construct type settings with all their proclivity. It was a pleasure debating with you and you're welcome at my campfire anytime.

You might not be around to read this be just to let you know(most here already do) something. Google Troller, it IS the Wrangler in South America and you will find out that Ford has built these since '07 ( I believe ) with a SFA. Plus, I believe, the '19 was built on the Ranger chassis, I would have to go back and refresh my memory. I realize Ford is trying to please the masses by giving the Bronco IFS but seeing how popular Trollers are and how popular Wranglers are here, that they would almost have to make a stripped down, SFA, OFF-ROAD version of the Bronco to capture every sale they can. I'm very aware of how Raptors have taken over, I work in a 4X4 shop were we modify trucks, jeeps, suvs, even put some stuff on Raptors and I can also say I feel they were better when they first came out but that is just, me sometimes "refinement" isn't always for the best. Kinda like metal bands back in the '80's first few albums bands were great then they get signed to a big label and BAM different sound "more refined" they would say well to me it didn't sound as good I'm just that way. Good example, the JL's electronic steer, we just installed PSC's conversion on the new JL to go from electronic assist to a conventional pump. IT HAD LESS THAN 200 MILES. Customer hated the "feel" of the steering, no feedback, he said. Sometimes better isn't always "better".

If you need some shocks for those Raptors you have, FOX makes awesome upgrades for them. They are only 4k a piece, like the FOX rep said when someone pays 60k for a truck was another 8k to make it better. All of this is cool but most cannot afford it and THAT is why Wranglers sell well also, they are able to be modified for cheap. So the average guy can hang better with the big dawgs off-road and not be divorced living in his Wrangler. I have an '08 F-150 not quite a Raptor but I got 35's, not 37's , the suspension is the same just not a "refined", if you will. Now I can put the Raptor stuff on it but what are we talking 15k - 20K I paid 25k for the truck. I paid 20k for my Wrangler and modified it to the tune of about a grand maybe $1500 and I can have WAY more fun in my Wrangler than the truck off-road.

well getting long winded here so in closing I will say ……. sorry to see you go, good luck and God's speed in all that you do !! If ever in PA look me up.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Need a vanity plate that says “STF RIDE” and that chick magnet Ford would be complete.

I knew a girl, a long time ago, her motto " have truck, will fuck". Her name was holly. We used to call her "holley" 4 barrel. cause she could take it in all four barrels !!!

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
You might not be around to read this be just to let you know(most here already do) something. Google Troller, it IS the Wrangler in South America and you will find out that Ford has built these since '07 ( I believe ) with a SFA. Plus, I believe, the '19 was built on the Ranger chassis, I would have to go back and refresh my memory. I realize Ford is trying to please the masses by giving the Bronco IFS but seeing how popular Trollers are and how popular Wranglers are here, that they would almost have to make a stripped down, SFA, OFF-ROAD version of the Bronco to capture every sale they can. I'm very aware of how Raptors have taken over, I work in a 4X4 shop were we modify trucks, jeeps, suvs, even put some stuff on Raptors and I can also say I feel they were better when they first came out but that is just, me sometimes "refinement" isn't always for the best. Kinda like metal bands back in the '80's first few albums bands were great then they get signed to a big label and BAM different sound "more refined" they would say well to me it didn't sound as good I'm just that way. Good example, the JL's electronic steer, we just installed PSC's conversion on the new JL to go from electronic assist to a conventional pump. IT HAD LESS THAN 200 MILES. Customer hated the "feel" of the steering, no feedback, he said. Sometimes better isn't always "better".

If you need some shocks for those Raptors you have, FOX makes awesome upgrades for them. They are only 4k a piece, like the FOX rep said when someone pays 60k for a truck was another 8k to make it better. All of this is cool but most cannot afford it and THAT is why Wranglers sell well also, they are able to be modified for cheap. So the average guy can hang better with the big dawgs off-road and not be divorced living in his Wrangler. I have an '08 F-150 not quite a Raptor but I got 35's, not 37's , the suspension is the same just not a "refined", if you will. Now I can put the Raptor stuff on it but what are we talking 15k - 20K I paid 25k for the truck. I paid 20k for my Wrangler and modified it to the tune of about a grand maybe $1500 and I can have WAY more fun in my Wrangler than the truck off-road.

well getting long winded here so in closing I will say ……. sorry to see you go, good luck and God's speed in all that you do !! If ever in PA look me up.
I'm aware of that and that's why i said you might get your wish. They (FORD) are switching to more SUV sales and that means more models at different price points. I modified my own f150 with bilstein 6112 & 5160 and icon A Arms and we both know that wasn't cheap so I understand your point and reasons for wanting the Troller. Ford didn't mqke the choice to cut you out they made the choice to get the bigger splash and that's why you'll probably get what you want too as soon as the re-engineer it to meets U.S. regulations. Best regards to you and hope you and that boy have nothing but good things and great rides to remember on what ever you use even one of those old grizzly's or a new Troller in life!!

Last edited:

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed. I rode in my buddy's '18 F350 Super Duty 4x4, it was amazingly plush - and without the qualifier "for a big pickup". It rode very cushy even compared to a luxury car.
Having gone from the previous gen (2015 F350 dually) to a 2019 F450, I don't know what kind of magic they worked on the new frame/suspension, but it is a world apart... I can't count the number of times the 2015 got into the freeway harmonic bouncing... the 19 never did it once. that being said, offroad it's still stiffer than a coffin nail and will shake your fillings out of your teeth :D
Sponsored