Sponsored

The problem with the ride quality argument.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No, I wasn't. I can't make it any more obvious, but if you want to invent your own meanings to the things I'm saying, have fun. My comment was about perspective, and how people lack it.
If that were the case, you would've started with that, not spew some bullshit about "20 year old springs" and when called out, switch to something more convenient. But hey, I'm just here to call you out on your BS, because you've seemed to be spewing it all over the place ever since your dreams of a clown car Bronco were crushed. Oh, poor you
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most people making those complaints have no perspective. I've been in/on vehicles that literally have no suspension, even a one ton truck these days is like riding on a fluffy pillow.
... I can't make it any more obvious... My comment was about perspective, and how people lack it.
If that were the case, you would've started with that, not spew some bullshit ...
Ford Bronco The problem with the ride quality argument. jackie-chan-wait-what-meme

I know you're infatuated with me or whatever @Jake_zx2 , but I'm not interested. You need to stop coming up with excuses to talk to me. Thanks.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See this is why they have the Baby Bronco. All these people worried about ride quality can just mosey on down the lot and get one of those. They should really just keep that name for it so these ride babies can clearly find the right choice for them.

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
See this is why they have the Baby Bronco. All these people worried about ride quality can just mosey on down the lot and get one of those. They should really just keep that name for it so these ride babies can clearly find the right choice for them.
Have you heard the quote a pictures worth a thousand words......well then a video that can compare them should be worth more. Thsi has probably been posted but it's nice to see old vs new to really see where we're at today. Smooth ride also improves performance so lets admit that too. I don't care which one they build but if you've got a sharp eye it's right there before your eyes, most likely and probably on both. for liability reasons.

Here's the video

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...9+Ford+Bronco&qpvt=2019+ford+bronco&FORM=VDRE

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
You're really going to compare a 200k rig that's not street legal and purposely built to race baja to a slightly modded 50 year old EB?

Now I know you're just trolling or are just completely out of touch with reality.
You know your ignorance abounds..... Did you listen to the comments they made by the guys at Ford on the project? Open your mind and look at what they showed you......It's not me that lacks the ability to see the differences. By the way in reality it's costing them millions and millions, so you missed the mark by more than a few millions to develop this new product and the race rig to bring to the market........It's obvious you never designed, engineered and built a widget let alone anything else the public will buy.......Nice try einstein. Yes they have hybrid stuff on it but those shock setups can easily be changed for the consumer market........OOOPs foiled again. See the correlation here if in fact if you listened, they told you it was the chassis ........... what's wrong Skippy ...it's a bitch realizing somebody else can listen and apply what the Ford Reps said.........hell the guy that rode in them made the observation how smooth it was........this would be the time some of you faced reality........Now who's being foolish.....LOL

Last edited:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know your ignorance abounds..... Did you listen to the comments they made by the guys at Ford on the project? Open your mind and look at what they showed you......It's not me that lacks the ability to see the differences. By the way in reality it's costing them millions and millions, so you missed the mark by more than a few millions to develop this new product and the race rig to bring to the market........It's obvious you never designed, engineered and built a widget let alone anything else the public will buy.......Nice try einstein. Yes they have hybrid stuff on it but those shock setups can easily be changed for the consumer market........OOOPs foiled again. See the correlation here if in fact if you listened, they told you it was the chassis ........... what's wrong Skippy ...it's a bitch realizing somebody else can listen and apply what the Ford Reps said.........hell the guy that rode in them made the observation how smooth it was........this would be the time some of you faced reality........Now who's being foolish.....LOL
Seriously, who let their 12 year old little brother on here?
Don’t you have some after school programs or a sport you can preoccupy your time in. Maybe sign up in woodshop or a Jr mechanics class. Someone who cares about you will get you in the right direction I’m sure. Your parents obviously failed but someone will I’m sure of it.

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
Seriously, who let their 12 year old little brother on here?
Don’t you have some after school programs or a sport you can preoccupy your time in. Maybe sign up in woodshop or a Jr mechanics class. Someone who cares about you will get you in the right direction I’m sure. Your parents obviously failed but someone will I’m sure of it.
What's wrong my opinion a threat to your group think? I'll go away but you guys need to open your minds a bit because in the end the facts are supporting what I'm trying to tell you is coming and most likely what I'll buy. You on the other hand will have to buy a jeep to get that SFA you just can't live without in an SUV. That's the good thing about America we have choices for what we buy. But Hey since you must have overlooked the Bronco video on the home page that states chassis preproduction parts worked just fine it kind of shoots a hole in your dream. See that's the difference between having a masters degree in engineering and well... group think...we learned to read, comprehend and apply what the guys designing the product said. you......not so much.....LOL

Last edited:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's wrong my opinion a threat to your group think? I'll go away but you guys need to open your minds a bit because in the end the facts are supporting what I'm trying to tell you is coming and most likely what I'll buy. You on the other hand will have to buy a jeep to get that SFA you just can't live without in an SUV. That's the good thing about America we have choices for what we buy.
I’ve stated many times that IFS is not make or break. I am also very open to Ford creating something new that way that works better then what I’ve seen. However, that’s been tried over and over again and it never quite accomplishes what a solid axle can do off-road for a vehicle like this.

IFS works great for a wider, longer wheelbase truck like the Raptor that likes to go fast in the open off-road but doesn’t work as well in tight rocky or muddy trials and big tires. That’s more what the Bronco should be designed for since we already have the great Raptor for the other aspects.

In a perfect world Ford would make both and I’m still slightly holding out hope for that because everyone wants something a little different from their Bronco and there isn’t yet a one size fit all for that. Maybe Ford has created an IFS that does just that but I highly doubt it as it’s just physics. You run out of length for a decent enough articulating IFS and it becomes more fragile. Plus you don’t get the the forced articulation that a solid axles creates when in use.

We have all beaten this argument into the ground for the past year. There is no winner. You sacrifice with both options. I think most of us can live with either option but I’m holding out hope for 1. Ford makes a new suspension set up that works better then I’ve seen 2. Offers both options because I don’t believe in magic and that will cover everyone’s wants and needs.

Here’s to common ground on hoping Ford delivers something better then the IFS’s we’ve seen so far. I’m still very confident the Bronco will be a great vehicle. Like you I’m just passionate about how great it can be.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Blah blah blah bitchy bitchy bitch even a one ton truck these days is like riding on a fluffy pillow.
This must be relative to something... either that, or you're delusional
Gosh, a 20 year old set of springs rides more plush than a new set with a higher capacity, color me surprised.
spew some bullshit about "20 year old springs" and when called out, switch to something more convenient.
Come on stampede, I know you're blinded by IFS envy, but it can't be THAT bad!

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
I’ve stated many times that IFS is not make or break. I am also very open to Ford creating something new that way that works better then what I’ve seen. However, that’s been tried over and over again and it never quite accomplishes what a solid axle can do off-road for a vehicle like this.

IFS works great for a wider, longer wheelbase truck like the Raptor that likes to go fast in the open off-road but doesn’t work as well in tight rocky or muddy trials and big tires. That’s more what the Bronco should be designed for since we already have the great Raptor for the other aspects.

In a perfect world Ford would make both and I’m still slightly holding out hope for that because everyone wants something a little different from their Bronco and there isn’t yet a one size fit all for that. Maybe Ford has created an IFS that does just that but I highly doubt it as it’s just physics. You run out of length for a decent enough articulating IFS and it becomes more fragile. Plus you don’t get the the forced articulation that a solid axles creates when in use.

We have all beaten this argument into the ground for the past year. There is no winner. You sacrifice with both options. I think most of us can live with either option but I’m holding out hope for 1. Ford makes a new suspension set up that works better then I’ve seen 2. Offers both options because I don’t believe in magic and that will cover everyone’s wants and needs.

Here’s to common ground on hoping Ford delivers something better then the IFS’s we’ve seen so far. I’m still very confident the Bronco will be a great vehicle. Like you I’m just passionate about how great it can be.
How many times do I have to state what ever they make will be an improvement! Notice everything I posted pertained to the new prototype even the SIDE by SIDE Shock stuff, which we'll see improved on the new model.. So you guys may still get your wish with the Brazilian model after they get it to meet regulations here. So nobody is attacking your right of choice. it a free country and I hope you
get it. But many of the straw arguments on here aren't by loyal Ford buyers so be advised. There are a few wolves in sheeps clothing that are Jeep loyalists and like to promote the adversity. It's obvious and part of the folly! I'm done with this until the new models revealed for sure and we can see the improvements and upgrades they've engineered. Good luck to all you guys and some of us had some great debates and didn't get in a snit. Others should enjoy driving your jeep to work because frankly it's that obvious. We all know what ever Ford builds won't be good enough and you're entitled to your opinion too! Jeep builds a good product. Have fun and enjoy what ever you drive.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many times do I have to state what ever they make will be an improvement! Notice everything I posted pertained to the new prototype even the SIDE by SIDE Shock stuff, which we'll see improved on the new model.. So you guys may still get your wish with the Brazilian model after they get it to meet regulations here. So nobody is attacking your right of choice. it a free country and I hope you
get it. But many of the straw arguments on here aren't by loyal Ford buyers so be advised. There are a few wolves in sheeps clothing that are Jeep loyalists and like to promote the adversity. It's obvious and part of the folly! I'm done with this until the new models revealed for sure and we can see the improvements and upgrades they've engineered. Good luck to all you guys and some of us had some great debates and didn't get in a snit. Others should enjoy driving your jeep to work because frankly it's that obvious. We all know what ever Ford builds won't be good enough and you're entitled to your opinion too! Jeep builds a good product. Have fun and enjoy what ever you drive.
Yup, not a Ford loyalists here. Only currently own 5 plus a Ford tractor from the 50s. immediate family has another 15. There are only 3 non-Fords in the family aside from my motorcycles, my wife's 4runner (which will be traded in for a Bronco), an old beater eclipse, and one of my sisters bought a honda CUV recently.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In a perfect world Ford would make both and I’m still slightly holding out hope for that because everyone wants something a little different from their Bronco and there isn’t yet a one size fit all for that.

Offers both options because I don’t believe in magic and that will cover everyone’s wants and needs.

I'm with you on this one...…. I have read on here about a secret team-within-the-team working on the Bronco program. To me , one who reads between the lines, leads me to believe that Ford may be doing an "SVT" or Bronco R thing where they would use the Troller parts to "option" the Bronco for SFA buyers. I am not giving up all hope yet.
Sponsored