Rivian on the way

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Solid state would be good, but if you weren’t aware the ev battery on the mustang Mach E IS internally serviceable
Service isn’t the issue. Range , battery life , and charge speed is
Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Service isn’t the issue. Range , battery life , and charge speed is
I get the range and charge speed issue and the life issue is always a concern but at least now that parts can be replaced as they fail, in theory the life issue can be managed and extended. I have no idea though what the cost would be for that though. But the point that I failed to mention was that while people wait for solid state batteries, at least now the life can be managed instead of having to replace a 10-15k battery.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It won't have the off road ability of Bronco but 0-60 in 3 seconds with a 400 mile range and awsome 4 wheel drive. The Rivian will be on the road soon in 2022. Lots of video and news about it.
This is a 90k suv or truck completely different ride.

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can't stand the thought of an EV, they have a long way to go for me.
Nothing like the noise of real exhaust! yeah yeah on the instant torque
so once a year when no-one is in front of me I can hit 60 in a flash lol but let me see an EV make a 1000 mile trip with 3 minute gas stops.

OP
OP
BroncoAgain

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the look of the new Rivian. It will probably do better off road than the Bronco Sport. Try doing the "tank turn" in a Bronco. $80K is less than the Wrangler 392 will probably be or by the time you put a 5.0 in a Bronco. How about the cost and ability of the "crab walking " Hummer. There are people out there that will pay a dealer $80K for your 1st edition Bronco. Unless things really go sideways for one reason or another, by 2023 there will be some fun toys out there to choose from.

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really wanted the Rivian Truck until the Bronco came out last summer. My Bronco reservation is so low my dealer said I’m guaranteed this year. But now I’m still thinking about that darn Rivian truck. I guess if I test drive the Rivian next year and I like it, you think resale would be decent on a Bronco next year? Bottom line is, I will end up with what I like best in the long run. Don’t want to wait for a truck.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Rivian is a damn amazing vehicle. They really stuck their necks out to partner with McGregor and Boorman on their latest ride, Long Way Up.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It won't have the off road ability of Bronco but 0-60 in 3 seconds with a 400 mile range and awsome 4 wheel drive. The Rivian will be on the road soon in 2022. Lots of video and news about it.
My brother works at Rivian and they will be shipping their launch edition this summer similar to the bronco. They are sold out so next availability will be 2022. We will be seeing them on the road this year. I also can’t get over the ugly front end that looks like a cartoon character, but otherwise think they’re pretty cool.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can't stand the thought of an EV, they have a long way to go for me.
Nothing like the noise of real exhaust! yeah yeah on the instant torque
so once a year when no-one is in front of me I can hit 60 in a flash lol but let me see an EV make a 1000 mile trip with 3 minute gas stops.
Seriously let's see any of us make a 1000 mile trip with only three minute long stops. That's just silly.

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seriously let's see any of us make a 1000 mile trip with only three minute long stops. That's just silly.
You might want to read what your quoting before posting. I make 3 minute gas stops all the time.

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My brother works at Rivian and they will be shipping their launch edition this summer similar to the bronco. They are sold out so next availability will be 2022. We will be seeing them on the road this year. I also can’t get over the ugly front end that looks like a cartoon character, but otherwise think they’re pretty cool.
So maybe I better reserve one now for 2022, with a refundable deposit, just in case I like it better than my Bronco I should be getting this year? This is going to be interesting!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You might want to read what your quoting before posting. I make 3 minute gas stops all the time.
You stop for only three (or maybe six) minutes in total on a 1000 mile trip?

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You stop for only three (or maybe six) minutes in total on a 1000 mile trip?
Did I say that? Here is the point, if you go 1000 miles how long are you stoping to charge in an EV? Gas engines will beat that by a long shot

Last edited:

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did I say that? Here is the point, if you go 1000 miles how long are you stoping to change in an EV? Gas engines will beat that by a long shot
If you didn't mean that then your point is moot anyways. The fortitide of the vehicle's occupants is the weakest link on a 1000 mile trip, not the speed at which the vehicle is refueled.

To put it in simpler terms, it should have enough time to charge while you eat, nap, stretch your legs, sightsee, hit the can, etc.

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you didn't mean that then your point is moot anyways. The fortitide of the vehicle's occupants is the weakest link on a 1000 mile trip, not the speed at which the vehicle is refueled.

To put it in simpler terms, it should have enough time to charge while you eat, nap, stretch your legs, sightsee, hit the can, etc.
Go buy an electric Truck if you want!
but don't try to justify your non-sense point by shitting on my valid point with stupidity. What I do is I have a stealth fighter fly 50 feet over my car and he fills me up while in motion so I don't need to stop at all, I also have a robot driver and an asian woman massage me so we have no driver fatigue at all as we use the flux capacitor .
Sponsored