Sponsored

Road Trip: Atlanta to Acadia - suggestions?

JDav

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be heading out soon for a road trip in the Bronco from Atlanta to Acadia National Park.
The plan is to get up there in the most direct route and then meander a bit on the way back home with stops in Vermont, the Poconos and Shenandoah National Park.
We'll be sleeping in the Bronco (Meraki Hammocks) along with our 2 dogs.

I likely wont do any off roading, but open to suggestions on must stops places
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be heading out soon for a road trip in the Bronco from Atlanta to Acadia National Park.
The plan is to get up there in the most direct route and then meander a bit on the way back home with stops in Vermont, the Poconos and Shenandoah National Park.
We'll be sleeping in the Bronco (Meraki Hammocks) along with our 2 dogs.

I likely wont do any off roading, but open to suggestions on must stops places
I presume you have done your homework on the major park attractions...Cadillac Mountain, Thunder Hole, Sand Beach, tons of hiking trails. Bar Harbor has tons of resturants and bars. There's also the Schoodic peninsula portion of the park across Frenchman's bay.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
JDav

JDav

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
JDav

JDav

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I presume you have done your homework on the major park attractions...Cadillac Mountain, Thunder Hole, Sand Beach, tons of hiking trails. Bar Harbor has tons of resturants and bars. There's also the Schoodic peninsula portion of the park across Frenchman's bay.
We have a reservation for Cadillac on day and plan to do some hiking in the park (but nothing too intense)

Was curios about the Mt Washington drive in NH. It's $45 and not sure if its worthwhile

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And once you're done with Blue Ridge Parkway, hop right onto Skyline Drive at Rockfish Gap and take that through Shenandoah National Park. You can then hit Luray Caverns for some cool time underground. There's also Natural Bridge, VA, near Roanoke.

If you haven't done it already, you could also try to schedule your Off-Roadeo in Gilford, NH!

JR

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a reservation for Cadillac on day and plan to do some hiking in the park (but nothing too intense)

Was curios about the Mt Washington drive in NH. It's $45 and not sure if its worthwhile
The Mt. Washington drive is pretty cool, worth the $45 IMO.

Dusmw

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250/Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Acadia is great, Cadillac Mountain has some great hiking, also consider the Ocean Path Trail, & the carriage roads are all nice. Be there at sunrise as it seems like 25% of Boston shows up at 11am! By noon there were too many people for it to be enjoyable.

Bar Harbor is beautiful but a tourist/cruise ship town. One day is more than enough time there. Veranda at Balance Rock Inn was a great dining experience, great food, view of the water, and small quiet setting. Not cheap but well worth considering. Must have reservation.

Consider venturing out Schoodic Bay is well worth the trip, Northeast Harbor is worth the drive, Castine is a great drive as well.

We took off and drove rural highways along coastal ME and farm country. Was very enjoyable and we talked with some great folks. Most small grocer/hardware stores had small deli’s with really good lunches/fruit/wines along with picnic tables outside.

We spent three days exploring and could have easily spent a week! Enjoy your trip.
Sponsored