Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, we have video of the entire install… but it was too long to put on YouTube.

Are you fairly confident in your welding abilities?
My nephew is a great welder he said he can do it but just looking for some helpful insight.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
My nephew is a great welder he said he can do it but just looking for some helpful insight.
that’s the most intricate part… the rest is fairly straight forward. Disconnecting and dropping the tank is a pain… if you want video on a specific sequence, I could probably upload it

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that’s the most intricate part… the rest is fairly straight forward. Disconnecting and dropping the tank is a pain… if you want video on a specific sequence, I could probably upload it
Do you have to drop the tank on the 4 door, i was just thinking it was only on the 2 door ( I don't know Why i was thinking that). If you have the video that would be awesome.

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you have to drop the tank on the 4 door, i was just thinking it was only on the 2 door ( I don't know Why i was thinking that). If you have the video that would be awesome.
yeah, you have to drop the fuel tank to get to the passenger upper link to change out. I don’t have a super detailed video on that part… just be sure to get replacement clips for the connectors. You can get an assortment pack for like $10 from most auto parts stores. We went by the video from BlancoBronco for dropping the tank.

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, Thanks ill check it out.

Sponsored

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
exactly why I outsourced it too… I CAN weld… I want it to look better than what I could do
Shit man, I could’ve done a prettier job on the trusses. Really can’t believe the guy let it leave his shop looking the way it did. But the main thing was how he sets it up in the lathe to ensure the axle is straight and aligned before welding it up. He also did the diff housing to the tubes and knew the correct rod right off the top of his head so I figured all good to go. Yeah, they penetrated and they’ll be strong but gotdamn. They look rough.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The shop that I am going to use ordered mine for a little less than I could find on my own. As a bonus, their install price was not as steep as I was anticipating or was willing to pay. (y) They ordered it a couple of weeks ago - waiting for it to come in and get an open slot in the shop... I'm looking forward to it!

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did it play nice with exhaust or did you need to make any modifications?