Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting this option. I was unaware. Now I have 3 to consider. (I find myself spinning in circles with every mod and all the options o_O)

Looks simple enough, durable, and can be painted. I would worry about water sitting in behind. Do you know if that is a problem?

Do you know of any forum photos of these installed?

Edit - sorry I see these are on pre-order...
I don't see how these would be much different from a hood deflector when it comes to holding water behind them. I imagine most of it would drain out, thanks to gravity. It's also not uncommon of vehicles to have stick-on things like this on their rocker panels, and they've done that for many years. Very worst case scenario, you remove them and re-attach with some new automotive 3M tape, but I don't think that'll be an issue.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting this option. I was unaware. Now I have 3 to consider. (I find myself spinning in circles with every mod and all the options o_O)

Looks simple enough, durable, and can be painted. I would worry about water sitting in behind. Do you know if that is a problem?

Do you know of any forum photos of these installed?

Edit - sorry I see these are on pre-order...
Someone posted they got these a while back. First I had seen them also. I ask for a picture but couldn't really see much in the one posted. Not sure why the page says pre order. Been on the Ford site for a while both 2 and 4 door and people have bought them. I like you can't decide which way to go. These would probably match the fenders but still would like to see a good side view of them installed rather than the small angled ones.

Think there are gaps in the tape that would let the water out. The Air Designs page has the instructions posted with a few more details.

Here is the 2 door version on the Ford site:

https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...ance-kit-3-door-side-lh-rh-door-fender-rocker

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone posted they got these a while back. First I had seen them also. I ask for a picture but couldn't really see much in the one posted. Not sure why the page says pre order. Been on the Ford site for a while both 2 and 4 door and people have bought them. I like you can't decide which way to go. These would probably match the fenders but still would like to see a good side view of them installed rather than the small angled ones.

Think there are gaps in the tape that would let the water out. The Air Designs page has the instructions posted with a few more details.

Here is the 2 door version on the Ford site:

https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...ance-kit-3-door-side-lh-rh-door-fender-rocker
Appreciate the your input and 604. All points are well taken.

First blush, I think I like the Xpel Amor. But I really like how these molded pieces match the fenders and hood deflector. I don't have a local here (on Vancouver Island) who does LineX so that I can't see that option. Originally I was just going to spray it myself but rethinking that.

Hmmm. Wife is not here at the moment. She is surprisingly both interested and decisive so far. She is also good with colours. I'm going to require her input and a couple of sleeps on this. So yes, spinning in circles again.

Appreciate your help. I'll report back when I get this done!

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have these. Had them painted to match cause it was too much black imo. Left the lower section black to cover pinch welds tho. Im very happy with how it came out.

Door3.jpg

Bronco6.jpg

door4.jpg
Very good, thanks for the photos. That helps! You changed your fenders and then back again?

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering if it would be too much black hence why I'd like to see a good picture from the side. Can't see painting them though as that defeats the whole purpose. Got a few stone chips there now so painted would just continue that issue. Better to leave them unpainted or if too much black just use a PPF film.

Years ago I used a spray rubbery material that was clear. It left a textured finish. Another option I guess.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very good, thanks for the photos. That helps! You changed your fenders and then back again?
I changed the flares afterwards. Didnt pay attention to those pics when I posted them.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was wondering if it would be too much black hence why I'd like to see a good picture from the side. Can't see painting them though as that defeats the whole purpose. Got a few stone chips there now so painted would just continue that issue. Better to leave them unpainted or if too much black just use a PPF film.

Years ago I used a spray rubbery material that was clear. It left a textured finish. Another option I guess.
I thought about that when I decided to paint them but I like the look. If they do get damaged its easier to replace or repaint 1 small piece vs doing the whole door.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about that when I decided to paint them but I like the look. If they do get damaged its easier to replace or repaint 1 small piece vs doing the whole door.
Still would like to see what they look like in black.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought and installed the clear pre-cut PPF for the lower doors from Underground Graffix. Look great ... because you can't see 'em. I also installed their pre-cut ppf to the inner door sills and botton of the tailgate. Lots of invisible protection.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still would like to see what they look like in black.
I stuck them on with some blue painters tape to get an idea. Its was too much black for me plus I switched to painted flares. The different shades of black/gray from the top, flares, grill, b-pillar trim, bothers me.

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've heard about putting on a small piece of clear PPF before attaching the "sticky" items - like these rocker panels or the hood deflector. The thought is that it would be easier to remove the item and clean up without damaging the paint. Thoughts on that (everyone)?

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've heard about putting on a small piece of clear PPF before attaching the "sticky" items - like these rocker panels or the hood deflector. The thought is that it would be easier to remove the item and clean up without damaging the paint. Thoughts on that (everyone)?
The idea sounds good but Id be afraid the ppf wouldnt support the weight of the panels.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stuck them on with some blue painters tape to get an idea. Its was too much black for me plus I switched to painted flares. The different shades of black/gray from the top, flares, grill, b-pillar trim, bothers me.
Definitely better body colored with the painted flares. Your Bronco looks good with the aluminum rims and white letter tires.

I've seen that mentioned. Can't wrap my head around how the item would stay attached. I've seen how easily PPF comes off but no experience trying this.
Sponsored