First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was finally time to upgrade the horrendous base audio in my '22 2-door, and while I've seen so many really well thought out and amazing upgrades on this forum, I decided to be a bit different and install some modest Rockford Fosgate 6.75 Components in the front and rear.

Front:

I used a wire harness for the woofer to factory connection, but instead of using the factory wire/connector that runs from the kick panel location to the dash, I wired the tweeter directly to the connectors on the woofer. I highly doubt doing it this way made any difference but I wanted to wire the components as they were intended.

Tweeters in dash.
Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0663

Woofer in kick panel.
Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0666

Rear:
I wanted the rears to only fill in the lows and mids so I chose to use the woofers only.

I used 6" PVC end caps with a section of 6" thick wall inserted. They fit up perfect using the factory brackets.
Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods 70603950156__8DB30BBE-EDE6-4F4F-AC4A-473F64DEAA43
Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0644

Holes drilled for wire harness and woofer mounting points, then they were painted, assembled and mounted. When mounted they do vibrate a bit while driving, nothing too serious but i will have to figure out a side brace at some point.
Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0685

Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0682

Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0698
Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0699

Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0702

Using @RagnarKon awesome guide I set the following values in FORscan, which can be found here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-to-forscan-audio-speaker-mods.71145/

AMC 727-01-02
xx00-xxxx-xxxx = EQ off, allows full frequencies to rear speakers

AMC 727-01-01
xxxx-00xx-xxxx = Speaker Config, changed rear speakers from tweeters to speakers

Install was pretty simple; the only issue I ran into was installing the bolts/screws that hold the woofers to the kick panel. Because I chose 6.75 instead of 6.5 getting a socket on the bolts/screws was a pain.

The difference is night and day. Even without an external amp the volume and clarity of the trebles, mids, and lows are so so much better. I think using component speakers with just tweeters in the dash helped with reducing so much of the sound coming from the dash, which makes for a better soundstage. The only thing that's lacking are deep bass frequencies but that's what subs are for :p

List of Parts:

2x PCV schedule 40 end cap
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BRKWK28F?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

2X Rockford Fosgate R1675-S (orders from Crutchfield include adapters and harnesses)
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R1675S/Rockford-Fosgate-R1675-S.html

Thanks for reading!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gorbachops

Gorbachops

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Using PVC for the rear pods is genius.

How did you adapt the tweeter to the factory 4” mounting point?
I used Metra 82-5609 Tweeter Mounting Brackets. They come without the cutout for tweeter, so you have to cut holes for the size you need, but other than that they fit in the dash perfect. Also they came with the free install kit when i ordered the speakers from Crutchfield.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120825609/Metra-82-5609-Tweeter-Mounting-Brackets.html

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great!

What type of paint did you use on the PVC? Texture on it gives a pretty good OEM look.

Only other question I have (which you don't have to answer since they are already installed) is, do you know what the outside diameter of the 6" cap? Curious if I could finagle 6.5 2way in there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gorbachops

Gorbachops

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great!

What type of paint did you use on the PVC? Texture on it gives a pretty good OEM look.

Only other question I have (which you don't have to answer since they are already installed) is, do you know what the outside diameter of the 6" cap? Curious if I could finagle 6.5 2way in there.
The paint i used is Rust-Oleum Hammered Flat Black, it tuned out more of a dark grey, i would have liked it a bit more black but i think it looks pretty good.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ol...Black-Protective-Spray-Paint-300607/300472130

Also here are the dimensions of the PVC cap i bought.
Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods 61fXhJI-6UL._AC_SX522_

Because I went with a 6.75 speaker I used a schedule 40 6" PVC cap, which had a pretty large OD. There are 6" drain and sewer caps that have a bit smaller OD, which in combination with a 6" drain and sewer pipe glued inside seem to be perfect fit for 6.5". It can be a bit to wrap your head around because depending on which PVC cap you go with means you have to pick the pipe that corresponds with that type of cap. The good news is drain an sewer PVC is less expensive than the schedule 40 I used.

Side note, after driving a bit today the pods are vibrating a lot, I knew this would be an issue and I planned to add a brace securing to the rear pillar. But now I realize I'm going to have to do pretty soon.

OP
OP
Gorbachops

Gorbachops

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update: I was not happy with components in the REAR pods so i ordered a set of Rockford Fosgate R1675X2 Two ways.
Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods g575R1675X2-F

Definitely improved overall sound from previous configuration.
Current setup is:

Front kick panel and dash - Rockford Fosgate R1675-S Components
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R1675S/Rockford-Fosgate-R1675-S.html

Rear Pods - Rockford Fosgate R1675X2 Two Way
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R1675X2/Rockford-Fosgate-R1675X2.html?tp=78072

ACM 727-01-02
xx00-xxxx-xxxx = EQ off, allows full frequencies to rear speakers

ACM 727-01-01
xx03-00xx-xxxx = Speaker Config, changed front and rear settings from speaker/tweeter to just speakers

thedrdonna

Badlands
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Dr Badlands non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll have to let us know what you ended up doing to address that vibration issue-honestly, that's the only thing preventing me from doing this for my own car!

OP
OP
Gorbachops

Gorbachops

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'll have to let us know what you ended up doing to address that vibration issue-honestly, that's the only thing preventing me from doing this for my own car!
@thedrdonna Finally got around to adding some support to stop the vibration.

What i ended up doing was getting a piece of 1/8 Aluminum Flat Bar from Homedepot, it was around 12 bucks.
Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0736

After cutting to an approximate length, drilling mounting holes, and bending/twisting so it all lined up, I was able to mount one end to the existing mounting holes in the rollbar and then screw the other end to the base of the speaker pod.

I still need to remove it all, round the ends some, sand it all and paint. But after driving for a few hours i can say the vibration is GONE. Worked really well.

Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0730

When i get it all painted ill post a final pic.

OP
OP
Gorbachops

Gorbachops

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK, got the supports, rounded, cleaned up, painted and installed. Really solid now!
Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0742

Ford Bronco Rockford Fosgate Components and DIY Speaker Pods IMG_0744

Learned a lot from this little project, I consider these prototypes but I'm very happy with them.
If anyone wants to tackle this on their own feel free to message me with any questions, id be happy to help.

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool, I was wondering about something like this.

No other amps correct? Just the Forscan changes and it supplies enough to power the rear 6.5's?

Meloco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco edge excape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One thing im thinking on all the different speaker pods,
They need to be on a more angle towards the front , instead of facing down to the rear passenger.
Need to find someone that can bend metal.
Sponsored