Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't have the washers and its been fine, but I can see where the washers would make it easier.
Sponsored

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Rockworks made the install of my Besttop Skyrider easier, since I have to move the rear cap to instsll a bracket, and I was pleased to discover that the two front thumb-screws can be used to install the Besttop Skyrider brackets, making the post-season switchover easier!

Screenshot_20231015_094029_Gallery.jpg
Going to be getting a Skyrider next spring - can you explain why this is beneficial?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Going to be getting a Skyrider next spring - can you explain why this is beneficial?
The Skyrider brackets fasten with the same OEM front screws that fasten the Hardtop. I thought I was going to have to find the OEM screws that I replaced with the Rockx, but the thumbscrews work just fine, easier to fasten, less screws to hunt for. I assume that at some point I'll want to put the MIC top back on, then switch back to the Besttop, etc

20231013_130520.jpg

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I used one washer per side however it was in the front two holes (at rear passenger door locations on each side) where the lip is located and they are needed.
I never had any issues with any other locations so I'm not sure about this problem at the back window area like CapeCodeCash is having?

I just went out and took a picture real quick you can see for yourself.
20231015_233333.jpg
Here is a pic of myOEM screw in the back hole. You can see how far the screw is to the side of the hole. The hardtop didn't line up exactly on top of the hole. And the other RockWorkx are in and all down in place. When I go to put in the RockWorkx, the line up is worse because it seems the width of the RockWorkx piece is a tad wider. I'm thinking about taking a box cutter out and shaving off a few mm off the hardtop opening but I don't want to compromise anything either. Ugh.

Ford Bronco RockWorkx Thumbscrew Fasteners bolt

Last edited:
OP
OP
SVTGoat

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here is a pic of myOEM screw in the back hole. You can see how far the screw is to the side of the hole. The hardtop didn't line up exactly on top of the hole. And the other RockWorkx are in and all down in place. When I go to put in the RockWorkx, the line up is worse because it seems the width of the RockWorkx piece is a tad wider. I'm thinking about taking a box cutter out and shaving off a few mm. Ugh.

Ford Bronco RockWorkx Thumbscrew Fasteners bolt
Wow you can clearly see what you mean with that picture....it appears they definitely have something misaligned from the factory. Man that stinks....☹

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow you can clearly see what you mean with that picture....it appears they definitely have something misaligned from the factory. Man that stinks....☹
I've seen very similar issues in other posts on other topics... Quality is Job 1...

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here is a pic of myOEM screw in the back hole. You can see how far the screw is to the side of the hole. The hardtop didn't line up exactly on top of the hole. And the other RockWorkx are in and all down in place. When I go to put in the RockWorkx, the line up is worse because it seems the width of the RockWorkx piece is a tad wider. I'm thinking about taking a box cutter out and shaving off a few mm off the hardtop opening but I don't want to compromise anything either. Ugh.

bolt.jpg
i have the same exact issue. the two problem holes that don’t line up are on the passenger side, holes 2-3 working from the back. Bottom line is that the hole in the top doesn’t line up with the holes in the body. just those two holes.

heres the best picture I can get. this is looking down into the hole in the mic top, you can faintly see the misaligned hole in the body. my rockworkx didn’t come with washers, I got the gunmetal gray screws

Ford Bronco RockWorkx Thumbscrew Fasteners IMG_6241

roadsterlife

Raptor
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Miata, BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've been eyeing these but hopefully they have a BF sale (otherwise will probably wait til spring)

OP
OP
SVTGoat

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i have the same exact issue. the two problem holes that don’t line up are on the passenger side, holes 2-3 working from the back. Bottom line is that the hole in the top doesn’t line up with the holes in the body. just those two holes.

heres the best picture I can get. this is looking down into the hole in the mic top, you can faintly see the misaligned hole in the body. my rockworkx didn’t come with washers, I got the gunmetal gray screws

Ford Bronco RockWorkx Thumbscrew Fasteners IMG_6241
Wow, that is terrible! Unfortunately washers aren't going to fix that issue....you have guide pins on the bottom of your top when placing it back on your Bronco so it almost has to be the top. Definitely looks like it was drilled incorrectly or not exactly aligned correctly when the holes were created..
The only way I would know how to fix this is with drilling the cap to align with hole correctly and then either use:
1. RockWorkx Thumbscrew Fasteners to cover larger hole.
2. Factory bolts with black nylon fender washers to cover larger hole made.

Not sure but I wish ya the best on this fix.

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I opted for the non tie down versions. My OCD would not allow me to have all those tie downs not lining up and also I can zip these guys out with my cordless ratchet if I'm in a hurry!

Ford Bronco RockWorkx Thumbscrew Fasteners IMG_0013

Sponsored
OP
OP
SVTGoat

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I opted for the non tie down versions. My OCD would not allow me to have all those tie downs not lining up and also I can zip these guys out with my cordless ratchet if I'm in a hurry!

Ford Bronco RockWorkx Thumbscrew Fasteners IMG_0013
Looks great! 👍🏻

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are supposed to come with two extra washers so that they sit above the lip that’s getting in your way. Grant at the company will send you them if you need them. Just send them an email.
So I decided to soak EVERYTHING with WD40 for a couple days. I tried it again. And WahLah. The thing went in like butta !!!! And they look great.
Sponsored