Sponsored

ROKBLOKZ Mud Flaps - feedback / reviews?

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's standard-longs on my BL, note the completely clean doors ;)

Ford Bronco ROKBLOKZ Mud Flaps - feedback / reviews? Wood plow

Ford Bronco ROKBLOKZ Mud Flaps - feedback / reviews? IMG_20231010_184036

Last edited:
OP
OP
Onestepmore

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First accessory I bought. Very durable, and they do a great job. Protect that sweet red paint.

Ford Bronco ROKBLOKZ Mud Flaps - feedback / reviews? IMG_20231010_184036
Awesome Bronco...mine looks the same except two door...I think the RokBlokz look good!!! Thanks for the help!!!...Amos

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They may be a very good product but are obnoxiously expensive. For that kind of money you can shred 5 normally priced pairs and still have money left over for a beer.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some good videos on YouTube that show their performance and ease of installation. I am buying too many accessories after just purchasing the vehicle so I got cheaper Mabett mudflaps with the intention of upgrading to these down the road. Rokblokz won’t disappoint from the reviews and videos I’ve watched. Have fun in your trip!
Tdub0527--is May27 your birthday? Well, it's mine!
I drive a 4Door Badlands Sas and have the iAG removable full-length step, which offers more protection. (I also endorse the full-length iAG step. The half-moon door-only steps offer much less protection to your door panels.)

I went through two sets of Mabbett (marketed by iAG and others on Amazon), stupid me. Snapped one while rockcrawling, found a second set for cheap to replace, then broke another. The combination set is now happily serving a Bronco Bro who doesn't off-road. For somebody who just needs street protection, they're good quality and a good price.
So I ponied up and bought the RokBlokz extra-long. Three points:
1) They go on fairly easily, but bear in mind those install videos are done by a) peope who've done it several times, b) are usually done it on a new vehicle (no muck or alignment issues) and c) are carefully edited, probably with repeat shots to "get it right." So don't think that RokBlokz or any install will go as smoothly as the demonstrator.
2)The fronts went on easily enough, but the rears sometimes need persuading, as I've had them on and off a few times. I now carry a rubber mallet to persuade it into position. I still endorse them.
3) They're more flexible than you might think. I kept them on during a fairly serious rock trail in Vermont (New England trails hit you with very irregularly sized and positioned rocks, and I mean very! All ancient glacial deposits.) Going over some rocks and logs, they bent out and back in without issue--going forward. This was carefully observed by my spotter. Don't know if going in reverse on an obstacle would be an issue.
4) With any install, be creative with problems. I found I had to order longer thumb screws, even after they sent me a 1/2-inch longer set. Don't gripe about minor issues--we live in an imperfect world.
5) Don't be a piker and install front only. Put them on the rears also to a) be considerate of drivers behind you, and b) create a more balanced look for your rig. Front-only look....half-finished and half-a$$ed, at least to this one-time long-haul trucker.
6) RokBlokz' customer service is superb. They pick up the phone, answer questions knowledgeably, and replaced problem items twice (e.g. the thumb screws). Their website and order dropdowns are simple and clearly organized.
7) They offer a veterans/1st responder discount, but will require verification (photo of your ID).
8) The only other set I'd consider are Gatorbacks, which let you remove the bottom-most section of the mudflap, so you have some protection on the trails.

That about does it. You truly get what you pay for with RokBlokz.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, thanks, they look great. I'm pretty sure I'll get the Rokblokz over Mabett.
Considering you're in the great West with so much extraordinary off-roading opportunities, a good decision, even if your need to control mud and rain splash is modest.. Gatorbacks do allow you to remove the bottom portion, probably easier, but any fastening system is likely to be exposed to rust and damage, so make your decision and hope for the best.

So you're a RedSox fan transplanted to southern California? I used to live two blocks from Fenway Park on Jersey Street, but I don't follow pro sports much anymore. That's quite a herd in your stable.

Sponsored

Red Sox 4Life

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Lexus GS350, Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Considering you're in the great West with so much extraordinary off-roading opportunities, a good decision, even if your need to control mud and rain splash is modest.. Gatorbacks do allow you to remove the bottom portion, probably easier, but any fastening system is likely to be exposed to rust and damage, so make your decision and hope for the best.

So you're a RedSox fan transplanted to southern California? I used to live two blocks from Fenway Park on Jersey Street, but I don't follow pro sports much anymore. That's quite a herd in your stable.
The mud guards would be more for protection from rock chips (which it already has). I am pretty much done with rain here though, interferes with playing golf year round!

After my parents divorce waaaaaaay back in the day, my Mother moved us in with my grandparents to Waltham MA. Grandpa took me to my first game at Fenway and I was hooked at the age of 4 or 5. 1986 kind of killed my enthusiasm and 2003 tried real hard, but 2004 was worth the wait, and of course 2007, 2013 and 2018.

The stable is going to lose the 2015 Corvette as soon as I find a buyer.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After my parents divorce waaaaaaay back in the day, my Mother moved us in with my grandparents to Waltham MA. Grandpa took me to my first game at Fenway and I was hooked at the age of 4 or 5. 1986 kind of killed my enthusiasm and 2003 tried real hard, but 2004 was worth the wait, and of course 2007, 2013 and 2018.

The stable is going to lose the 2015 Corvette as soon as I find a buyer.
My brother, 82, up in Mendocino is still a Sox diehard.
The RokBlokz are worth the money--you'll see.
My wife and I are binging on Route 66 episodes. I'm old enough to remember the historic . In 1964 &1965 I hitchiked the West a lot, later got a job with a mineral exploration outfit outside of Tuscon: we drove Scouts (3 sticks!) all over the Sonora, running wire and collecting rock & ore samples. I've traveled 46 states, hitchhiked in 31, jumped trains in 3, and driven 18-wheelers in in 18.
And yeah, done a lot of California--back when it was cool.
Good luck on the Vet sale.

Red Sox 4Life

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Lexus GS350, Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My brother, 82, up in Mendocino is still a Sox diehard.
The RokBlokz are worth the money--you'll see.
My wife and I are binging on Route 66 episodes. I'm old enough to remember the historic . In 1964 &1965 I hitchiked the West a lot, later got a job with a mineral exploration outfit outside of Tuscon: we drove Scouts (3 sticks!) all over the Sonora, running wire and collecting rock & ore samples. I've traveled 46 states, hitchhiked in 31, jumped trains in 3, and driven 18-wheelers in in 18.
And yeah, done a lot of California--back when it was cool.
Good luck on the Vet sale.
Yeah, California hasn't been cool for a long time. 30 minute drives literally take 1.5 hours now. I've driven in "slow and go" traffic in the Vette many times wondering why I even had this car. I figured it was time to adventure out where most people can't go around here, thus the Bronco purchase. I was just one A-hole sales manager away from a Jeep and am glad that didn't work out. My Bronco was a special order that the purchaser was tired of waiting for.

SNOWOLF

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
they work great! Wish they made a set for the Raptor
Sponsored