First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I want to put a light bar on the roof, I like the look of the KC lites, does anyone have them or know if there is any wind noise with the current ones? I did see the noise cancelling diffusers that are available. Do those actually work? work with KC lites?
Also are there any other companies with a round light option? (I can't find any). I'm not a fan of the led light bars

TIA!

and yes I have read all the threads....
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I want to put a light bar on the roof, I like the look of the KC lites, does anyone have them or know if there is any wind noise with the current ones? I did see the noise cancelling diffusers that are available. Do those actually work? work with KC lites?
Also are there any other companies with a round light option? (I can't find any). I'm not a fan of the led light bars

TIA!

the "noise cancelers" work with the bars, not the KCs... You do not need them with the round lights because the top of the lights is not a straight line.... It is shall we say variegated.

There is some wind nose with the KCs. I find that it is not as bad as some of the bars I have heard. The bars tend to get some sympathetic vibrations within the wind that causes a fairly significant sound. All the clips on the back of the bar do is break some of that up.

Long way to say yes there is some noise but I do not find it to be significantly more than what was there to begin with. Your opinion may be different. I would give you a ride in mine so you could hear it but you have to travel to Idaho to take me up on the offer.

Ford Bronco roof light bar noise first mud

OP
OP

Tomleo67

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
the "noise cancelers" work with the bars, not the KCs... You do not need them with the round lights because the top of the lights is not a straight line.... It is shall we say variegated.

There is some wind nose with the KCs. I find that it is not as bad as some of the bars I have heard. The bars tend to get some sympathetic vibrations within the wind that causes a fairly significant sound. All the clips on the back of the bar do is break some of that up.

Long way to say yes there is some noise but I do not find it to be significantly more than what was there to begin with. Your opinion may be different. I would give you a ride in mine so you could hear it but you have to travel to Idaho to take me up on the offer.

Ford Bronco roof light bar noise first mud
thanks! I have a 4 door convertible so ya already a bit of wind noise...

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The inside of my Bronco sounds like a dryer running on high heat after hitting 50 miles per hour so what's a little more noise for a badass light bar

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

thanks! I have a 4 door convertible so ya already a bit of wind noise...
You will probably add a few decibels... But that is it. You are probably running about 75 to 80 decibels already??? So maybe 3 to 5 more???? Left field guessing on that pitch but...

Sponsored

MattyC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey There,

I don't have the KC's but I do have the Quakes. They are circular as well. I also have a soft-top. For me, it isn' too bad up to 40 MPH, when you start increasing speed from there, it gets louder and louder. It's still not TOO bad, up to about 60, after that it can get a little overbearing. The issue is, the soft-top itself seems to flap, the moving of it up and down creates a pressure-type sound that gets annoying. To help combat that, i put a pillow on top of the c-pillar with a black pillow case. You can't really notice it from inside the car, but there is a noticeable BUMP in the soft-top visible from the outside. It helps the soft-top from moving up and down so much though and cuts down on the noise. I don't get above 45 mph often and for the times I do, its not for a longer period of time. It probably would get annoying quick though if i had a long commute on a highway to work.

Ford Bronco roof light bar noise bb

OP
OP

Tomleo67

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
looks great! bummer on the noise we do a bit of highway driving with it

MattyC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
looks great! bummer on the noise we do a bit of highway driving with it
Thanks. The noise is subjective really. Even though its noticeably louder, people who ride in the car say it doesn't really bother them too much on longer trips. It's possible I'm just anal about it because I know how it used to be vs how it is now. I can try to get decibel readings from an app or something next time I'm on the highway to give you a better metric to go off of.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco roof light bar noise bb
what bracket are you running to have those attached with the roof rack?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

what bracket are you running to have those attached with the roof rack?
I am using the brackets that came with the KC bar.... I just had to do some custom cutting and sealing on the rack mounts. not that big of deal.... by my standards... ;)

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have always LOVED the look of windshield mounted light bars. Either LED rectangular bars or KC style round pods. Put them on all my Jeep builds.

But for me - they are really only for looks. Love the look. Hated the wind noise and glare off the hood any time I used them at night.

I still love the look - but opted to not go there with the Bronco build. But every time I see someone post pics like this, damn….I begin to question my choice again.

OP
OP

Tomleo67

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have always LOVED the look of windshield mounted light bars. Either LED rectangular bars or KC style round pods. Put them on all my Jeep builds.

But for me - they are really only for looks. Love the look. Hated the wind noise and glare off the hood any time I used them at night.

I still love the look - but opted to not go there with the Bronco build. But every time I see someone post pics like this, damn….I begin to question my choice again.
ya I really just want them for the look. I guess I would use them night fishing on the beach but don't wanna spend 2k on the KC's only to take them off because the noise is too much

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TIA!

We offer the Baja Designs XL Linkable with round. You have to request it from us when you place the order so that we can put the round bezels on

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-roof-light-bar-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

KC is round of course:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kc-hilites-gravity-led-pro6-50-light-bar-kit-for-21-ford-bronco/

They will make some noise but not a WHISTLING effect. It'll just be a WOOSH type sound since you are messing with the airflow. If you have a soft top that'll add to the soft top flapping more.

Please think about our company when you decide to buy a light bar. We've been a trusted vendor around here for years and would greatly appreciate you supporting our small business by ordering from us.

OP
OP

Tomleo67

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We offer the Baja Designs XL Linkable with round. You have to request it from us when you place the order so that we can put the round bezels on

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-roof-light-bar-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

KC is round of course:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kc-hilites-gravity-led-pro6-50-light-bar-kit-for-21-ford-bronco/

They will make some noise but not a WHISTLING effect. It'll just be a WOOSH type sound since you are messing with the airflow. If you have a soft top that'll add to the soft top flapping more.

Please think about our company when you decide to buy a light bar. We've been a trusted vendor around here for years and would greatly appreciate you supporting our small business by ordering from us.
thanks! sounds discouraging but I may make it so it's quickly removed for long trips or highway driving
Sponsored