First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rough Country busted out a nudge bar for the OEM standard Bronco front bumper. Pics on their website looked really good, so I dropped the cash and ordered it.

You can order it with Rough Country pod lights or a light bar, but I ordered my own pod lights. They are Nilights off of Amazon. Super cheap and I have had really good luck with them. I do open them up and seal them with silicone though. If you're willing to do a little extra work, Nilights last a long time. The fog lights I installed in the bumper are also Nilights.

I do have the auxiliary switches, so wiring is super simple. The switches already have a relay and fuse, so pick your switch and wire it up to the right color wire in the harness under the hood. Easy peasy.

I think it looks great! Install for the nudge bar says 2 hours to button it up, but it took maybe 1 hour. Installing and wiring up the lights took longer than installing the nudge bar. The whole set up cost me $300.

20220114_155721.jpg

20220114_153523.jpg
Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sweet I just ordered on the other day, I am going to do my own lights as well. You have a link for the lights? What about you bumper lights, go any information on them. That nudge bar looks awesome, glad to see it on someone elses rig.

Jukeslywalka

Big Bend
First Name
Wander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Ben 4d
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rough Country busted out a nudge bar for the OEM standard Bronco front bumper. Pics on their website looked really good, so I dropped the cash and ordered it.

You can order it with Rough Country pod lights or a light bar, but I ordered my own pod lights. They are Nilights off of Amazon. Super cheap and I have had really good luck with them. I do open them up and seal them with silicone though. If you're willing to do a little extra work, Nilights last a long time. The fog lights I installed in the bumper are also Nilights.

I do have the auxiliary switches, so wiring is super simple. The switches already have a relay and fuse, so pick your switch and wire it up to the right color wire in the harness under the hood. Easy peasy.

I think it looks great! Install for the nudge bar says 2 hours to button it up, but it took maybe 1 hour. Installing and wiring up the lights took longer than installing the nudge bar. The whole set up cost me $300.

20220114_155721.jpg

20220114_153523.jpg
Love the look! I have one on the way as well!

Do you have the factory aux switched for your lights or did you add an aftermarket switch?

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love the look! I have one on the way as well!

Do you have the factory aux switched for your lights or did you add an aftermarket switch?
I have the factory aux switches. If you ordered them too, that was smart. Switch 3 thru 6 are 10 amp switches. The 4 pod lights on the bumper only pull 6 amps all together. I put them on switch 4. The fog lights pull 4 amps total, so I put them on switch 3. Super easy with the pre wiring done at the factory.

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sweet I just ordered on the other day, I am going to do my own lights as well. You have a link for the lights? What about you bumper lights, go any information on them. That nudge bar looks awesome, glad to see it on someone elses rig.
I took a screen shot of what lights I bought off of Amazon. The Nilights in the bumper are flush mount. The piece of plastic on the bumper that I installed them on actually pops off the bumper. Made it really easy to cut the shape out (the lights come with a template to get a perfect fit) and bolt the light to them. I did have to trim a little of the bumper behind it to get them to fit and pop back on.

I also opened those lights up and sealed them with silicone. Take the time and seal them up and they should last. I have had good luck with Nilights after I seal them up on multiple vehicles.

Screenshot_20220114-164240_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20220114-164309_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Love you see a side profile of the rig with the bar on.
Lookin sharp for sure đź’Ş

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took a screen shot of what lights I bought off of Amazon. The Nilights in the bumper are flush mount. The piece of plastic on the bumper that I installed them on actually pops off the bumper. Made it really easy to cut the shape out (the lights come with a template to get a perfect fit) and bolt the light to them. I did have to trim a little of the bumper behind it to get them to fit and pop back on.

I also opened those lights up and sealed them with silicone. Take the time and seal them up and they should last. I have had good luck with Nilights after I seal them up on multiple vehicles.

Ford Bronco Rough Country nudge bar installed Screenshot_20220114-164309_Amazon Shoppin

Ford Bronco Rough Country nudge bar installed Screenshot_20220114-164309_Amazon Shoppin
Thanks, I got the mod bumper and it doesn't have the insert. I wonder if I can fab up some instead of buying brackets.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For the nudge bar install, any trimming to get that on or is it an easy bolt on?

Sponsored
OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, I got the mod bumper and it doesn't have the insert. I wonder if I can fab up some instead of buying brackets.
Someone on the forum did a really easy mount for the pod lights he used on his mod bumper fog lights. I can't find it in the search though.

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the nudge bar install, any trimming to get that on or is it an easy bolt on?
Super easy, no trimming and bolts right on. 15 mm socket and a 17 mm socket. Took me maybe 45 minutes. You got this.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking at that. Thanks for the pictures in real life! Looks nice!

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Super easy, no trimming and bolts right on. 15 mm socket and a 17 mm socket. Took me maybe 45 minutes. You got this.
LOL, I’m the little train that could.

Reason I ask, I want to be able to remove it if I end up wanting to change things up and not have a hacked up bumper to deal with.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone on the forum did a really easy mount for the pod lights he used on his mod bumper fog lights. I can't find it in the search though.
I'll see what I can come up with, thanks.
Sponsored