Rumors of a pickup Bronco (not Ranger)

Stampede.Offroad

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
I don't see anything new in that one.

Let's pretend the consulting firm wants to burn bridges with Ford by giving away their future model plans --- That would mean Ford had two 'pickups' the same size on the same frame. The only way I see that making any sense is if there is some kind of significant functional or mechanical difference between them like the Bronco getting solid axles and coil springs, while the Ranger carried on with current architecture.

Toyhoarder

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
I hope you are correct.

Let’s not forget though that Ford did sell the Ranger and Explorer Sport Trac simultaneously. And that was before they dropped all their cars and went all in on trucks.

Guidr3

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
When and if the bronco p/u ever sees the light of day i’ll Be playing bingo at a nursing home and sucking oatmeal thru a straw in my dirty underware

SharpGT500

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous Bronco's 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974 Bronco
I hope you are correct.

Let’s not forget though that Ford did sell the Ranger and Explorer Sport Trac simultaneously. And that was before they dropped all their cars and went all in on trucks.
True but they were built on different platforms. That's what stampede was referring too. It makes no sense to make two separate trucks on the same platform. (Even the Mazda rebadge Ranger was almost identical. )

SharpGT500

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous Bronco's 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974 Bronco
You're right, I forgot all about the first generation Sport Trak. I was thinking about the second generation Sport Trak with it's independent rear suspension. That was quit a bit different.

dgorsett

First Name
dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords (and one jeep)
Not true. Rangers, Explorers, and Bronco IIs are all very closely related, and many parts interchange between them. The First gen Sport Tracs are definitely closely related to the Ranger. The second gen Sport Trac/third gen Explorer diverged significantly from the Ranger, but I believe even they were still somewhat based on the Ranger.

A Bronco pickup certainly wouldn't be straying too far from the Sport Trac precedent, especially if it is only offered in a crew cab with a midget bed a la Gladiator as well. Just hope it is more similar to a present day Gladiator rather than the Sport Trac in the way of actual ruggedness and capability.
I'm thinking exactly the opposite. The original Ranger was not offered with a crew cab, hence the Sport Trac. The new Ranger is only offered as a SCAB-SCREW so how about a regular cab Bronco pick up? Since the Bronco is supposed to have a removeable top, it would be easy to build as a half cab al a original Bronco. If built on a 105-110 inch wheelbase a two door/four door/half cab could be built on one chassis.

Guidr3

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
A Single Cab Bronco P'Up With A Short Bed Is The Only Way To Go. Does The Gladiator Have One Hell No! But They Wish They Did. Then Ford Can Say "We Got What You Don't Got" Then Ford Will Be Cooking With Grease....

Guidr3

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
I Saw A Gladiator The other day That S.O.B.Was SO Square I All Most Cut My Self Looks Likes A Armadila Trap

Guidr3

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Just build The Single Half Cab P’ Up and be done with that. SCOOTER!

teejayhoward

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
^Hey John, it looks like English might not be your first language, so here are some tips to help make your posts better in the future.
  • Capitalize the First Word of a Sentence
  • Capitalize Names and Other Proper Nouns
  • Don’t Capitalize After a Colon (Usually)
  • Capitalize the First Word of a Quote (Sometimes)
  • Capitalize Days, Months, and Holidays, But Not Seasons
  • Capitalize Most Words in Titles
  • Capitalize Cities, Countries, Nationalities, and Languages
  • Capitalize Time Periods and Events (Sometimes)
In general, aside from the above rules, you shouldn't capitalize a word. Sentences where every word is capitalized make it difficult to read.

BroncoBuyer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
^Hey John, it looks like English might not be your first language, so here are some tips to help make your posts better in the future.
  • Capitalize the First Word of a Sentence
  • Capitalize Names and Other Proper Nouns
  • Don’t Capitalize After a Colon (Usually)
  • Capitalize the First Word of a Quote (Sometimes)
  • Capitalize Days, Months, and Holidays, But Not Seasons
  • Capitalize Most Words in Titles
  • Capitalize Cities, Countries, Nationalities, and Languages
  • Capitalize Time Periods and Events (Sometimes)
In general, aside from the above rules, you shouldn't capitalize a word. Sentences where every word is capitalized make it difficult to read.

Will we be graded on this? If there are going to be rules and grammar shaming towards anybody on this site I’m out of here..
Funny how you spend all day emailing customers, preparing business documents, and writing up sales quotes just to come home and find somebody busting somebody's balls over the use of capitals on a site you hang out on just to relax..
Piss on punctuality, it’s a forum not an essay. Nobody wants to pull up spell checker or have to proof read their shit here.

Guidr3

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
I’VE SEEN MEN WITH LITTLE SMARTS WRITE. BIG CHECKS