First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Question please: Anyone have any confirmed details and or thoughts /comment/suggestion/recommendation re: undercoating and rust proofing ??
Sponsored

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question please: Anyone have any confirmed details and or thoughts /comment/suggestion/recommendation re: undercoating and rust proofing ??
I’ve lived in Western NY my whole life and haven’t found a way to completely eliminate rust... but Fluid Film is the easiest way to get as close as possible.

other popular products around here:
- POR-15
- Ziebart coating (personally not recommended, it doesn’t convert rust and will hide growing rust spots if moisture/salt gets under the coating)

There are many many others. Look for oily films that convert rust. The paints and coatings work well in the short term, but they are a false sense of security for long-term protection.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fluid film works great...spray it a couple of times a year. It kept my Toyota frames looking good...and they rust badly as soon as you drive them off the lot if you don’t do anything.

Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

LiquidIQ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Impreza Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve lived in Western NY my whole life and haven’t found a way to completely eliminate rust... but Fluid Film is the easiest way to get as close as possible.

other popular products around here:
- POR-15
- Ziebart coating (personally not recommended, it doesn’t convert rust and will hide growing rust spots if moisture/salt gets under the coating)

There are many many others. Look for oily films that convert rust. The paints and coatings work well in the short term, but they are a false sense of security for long-term protection.
This. Undercoating can actually encourage rust, and it will be hidden until the undercoat flakes off.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've heard good things about Krown for the non DIY method.

My Jeep has the hard rubberized thick shit and it sucks. I won't do it again.

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 10 cans of fluid film ready as soon as i get my truck, its going up on the lift for a thorough coating.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used LPS3 on my Tacoma after Toyota replaced the frame. Use it on my Subaru Forester as well. Satisfied with protection and durability on both vehicles. Fluid Film is good stuff but from everything I've read it can wash off fairly quickly. I'm going to give Woolwax a try on Bronco. Appears to be similar to Fluid Film but a bit thicker and possibly longer lasting
Sponsored