First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the dealership today and noticed this on a 1/31/2022 blend date Badlands. I’m not sure if these bolts weren’t coated or what may have happened. It was the outside bolts on both sides of the trail sights. The inside bolts weren’t rusty. The Bronco looked like it was fresh off the transport with a quick wash.

Ford Bronco Rusting accessory bolts 5B67B153-8E78-4AF0-9660-681F5A6D0900

Ford Bronco Rusting accessory bolts C151A226-4CD3-4EC1-82B2-E5FA3379289C
Sponsored

Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

They have been making and using various plating methods and black oxide finishes for 100 years. Does it have to be the cheapest part available before they can put their name on it? Including the bolts! @Fordmotorcompany

Last edited by a moderator:

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Picked ours up Friday- noticed this when we got home. Our dealership is like an hour away, so we grabbed some Rustoleum Protective Enamel in flat black and a little paint brush. It’s at least a temporary solution, they stuck out like a sore thumb.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy enough to go to a good hardware store and get replacements that are coated or stainless. Shouldn't have to but I've seen this on far more expensive vehicles from much more elite brands. My 21 big bend doesn't have this problem so clearly a bad batch of hardware.

cudajeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Adrenalin 2010
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What a piece of shit this vehicle is. They have been making and using various plating methods and black oxide finishes for 100 years. Does it have to be the cheapest piece of shit, before they can put their name on it. Including the bolts! @Fordmotorcompany
I totally agree!
The Bronco really is a shitty model !
Never seen a new vehicle with so much problems that should never happen in the first place !!
It's one problem after the other ...

Hard tops, engines, valves, battery, soft tops, water infiltrations in WAY too many places, paint problems, windshields, premature rusting parts, christmas tree in dash, car shutting down with no reasons, seat problems, directions, and the list goes on and on and on ...

Never been that much enthusiast for a new vehicle and get so damn disappointed & disgusted by the non stopping problems they have !!

And to say that are sold tens of thousands over MSRP ... They ain't even worth the base price they are supposed to be sold at! 🤦🏻‍♂️

It surely ain't looking like Ford has put nearly 10 years developing it!
As if they never saw or or had any of these problems !

It like they never even test it before putting them out for sale !

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the dealership today and noticed this on a 1/31/2022 blend date Badlands. I’m not sure if these bolts weren’t coated or what may have happened. It was the outside bolts on both sides of the trail sights. The inside bolts weren’t rusty. The Bronco looked like it was fresh off the transport with a quick wash.

Ford Bronco Rusting accessory bolts received_1074111816485759

Looks Cyber Orange to me

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a piece of shit this vehicle is.
Hard tops, engines, valves, battery, soft tops, water infiltrations in WAY too many places, paint problems, windshields, premature rusting parts, christmas tree in dash, car shutting down with no reasons, seat problems, directions, and the list goes on and on and on ...
Lol, zero problems on my 2.3 soft top or 2.7 hard top. If a couple of easily replaceable bolts trigger y'all so badly then maybe the Bronco isn't for you.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, zero problems on my 2.3 soft top or 2.7 hard top. If a couple of easily replaceable bolts trigger y'all so badly then maybe the Bronco isn't for you.
LOL, why do they even spend time on a piece of shit forum? Seems like a waste of time :ROFLMAO:

No problems on mine either, look like new and I got it in Oct

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just imagine all the parts we can't see...

Deleted member 32220

I totally agree!
Never seen a new vehicle with so much problems that should never happen in the first place !!
It's one problem after the other ...

Never been that much enthusiast for a new vehicle and get so damn disappointed & disgusted by the non stopping problems they have !!

And to say that are sold tens of thousands over MSRP ... They ain't even worth the base price they are supposed to be sold at! 🤦🏻‍♂️

It surely ain't looking like Ford has put nearly 10 years developing it!
As if they never saw or or had any of these problems !

It like they never even test it before putting them out for sale !
Well said, don’t forget about no floor heat either. They will have to reinvent the wheel to get “floor heat”
Sponsored