CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very curious if anyone running the S&B filter is also performing used oil analysis testing and can confirm there is a significant reduction in silicon versus the OEM filter.

From my perspective, this is where the rubber meets the road. Increase engine noise is cool and all of that, but given twin turbochargers, improved filtering efficiency is mandatory or else the OEM filter wins.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very curious if anyone running the S&B filter is also performing used oil analysis testing and can confirm there is a significant reduction in silicon versus the OEM filter.

From my perspective, this is where the rubber meets the road. Increase engine noise is cool and all of that, but given twin turbochargers, improved filtering efficiency is mandatory or else the OEM filter wins.
I’ll let you know next service.

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally received my S&B (2 weeks after order). A couple notes:
1. My OEM paper was fully saturated with dust/debris. However the inside looks pristine with no evidence of dust in the inlet tube. It does its job even though not the prettiest.
2. The S&B certainly looks nicer. You really need to force the end down until it engages behind the angle at the base of the air box. I cannot get it horizontal (although I think OEM was slightly angled up as well). Butt dyno is happy. However may just be because of a clean filter. 😁
Sponsored