Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

If I'm seeing what I think I see, the S&B doesn't have an end cap like the factory filter an has filtering area inside as well as outside. This could greatly increase the flow potential without reducing the filtering effectiveness.
you are correct.

IMG_7705.png

IMG_7706.png
Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I ran S&B CAI on my last two diesel pickups and the reason was twofold:
1. Stock was a Donaldson and though it was a great filter, somewhere in the $90 range back in 2015 to replace.
2. Took an hour, two men and a come-along to get it out and the hardest part was putting it back in.

I could do maintenance on the S&B in 15 minutes and with the clear cover it was easy to check.

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco big bend, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had an AFE dry filter on my Ranger but I don't see a dry filter option from them for the Bronco. I'm not crazy about running an oiled filter with all the sensors on these vehicles.

Wonder if Wix makes a factory replacement that is better constructed with the same filtering

Firewrench

Base
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch, F-350, Slingshot, H-D TriGlide
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an S&B particle separator on the Rzr. It works really good. Had an issue with the controller, their customer service was excellent.
I would trust their air filter. Looks like it might actually hold it’s shape.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For all the recent people who installed the dry filter please update the rest of us after a bit. Wondering what difference is noticed across the board before hitting the order button. Thanks

So far initial impressions.

Butt dyno says its perked up a bit haha but that's probably just placebo effect lol. It does seem a bit more responsive to throttle input. According to the lying MPG gauge it's gone up. I was sitting at like 24.4 before I installed it. Sitting at 25.2 right now.

Sponsored

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the reply! Might pick one up after the winter then.

So far initial impressions.

Butt dyno says its perked up a bit haha but that's probably just placebo effect lol. It does seem a bit more responsive to throttle input. According to the lying MPG gauge it's gone up. I was sitting at like 24.4 before I installed it. Sitting at 25.2 right now.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No problem @MK0412

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually is perkier and not just my mind thinking/believing it lol. The S&B filter seemed much better designed and definitely will get more air in easier. The factory filter has that huge cap on the front of it, the S&B does not.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

No problem @MK0412

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually is perkier and not just my mind thinking/believing it lol. The S&B filter seemed much better designed and definitely will get more air in easier. The factory filter has that huge cap on the front of it, the S&B does not.
my exact thoughts. I wanted to believe it was just my mind, but I really don’t think it was. Just seems overall smoother.
Are you sure you know what you are talking about, I am?
You said “if it’s filtering, it’s restricting. I’ll just stick with the motocraft filter.”

you then said in another response:
“I doubt it’s “much better”, in fact I would put money on the opposite!
Less restrictive is better filtering and I want better filtering when off road.
The manufacture will use only products that protect their asses, but you do you!

So please explain to me what exactly you’re trying to say, because both those statements completely conflict with the other.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, you are wrong and uninformed! lol

Restrict; Verb : to limit.

If it's your understanding that it's impossible to size an air filter in a manner that allows both proper filtration and maximum power potential you need to do some reading.

This is a matter of mathematics and science.. not your ill informed opinion.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gotta say, serious improvement over Whipple filter. Very happy with the response.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Restrict; Verb : to limit.

If it's your understanding that it's impossible to size an air filter in a manner that allows both proper filtration and maximum power potential you need to do some reading.

This is a matter of mathematics and science.. not your ill informed opinion.
That was not ever stated, those are your words!
My advise: Don’t believe everything you read, especially when provided by a product manufacturer or representative.
my exact thoughts. I wanted to believe it was just my mind, but I really don’t think it was. Just seems overall smoother.

You said “if it’s filtering, it’s restricting. I’ll just stick with the motocraft filter.”

you then said in another response:
“I doubt it’s “much better”, in fact I would put money on the opposite!
Less restrictive is better filtering and I want better filtering when off road.
The manufacture will use only products that protect their asses, but you do you!

So please explain to me what exactly you’re trying to say, because both those statements completely conflict with the other.
if that’s what your interpretation is, then I can’t help you, good luck!👍

OscarHTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Installed today and I agree a little more responsive and from ~18.7 mpg I bumped up to 21.5ish up to 22 mpg on my first drive today (lots of red lights, not on the highway) so far seems like a worthwhile investment.
Sponsored