Sponsored

Sadly, it looks like all the Dealers have jumped on the Gouge Train…

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Might want to adjust your post before you give them more business. They are charging ADM.
I’m thinking they are charging ADM on non-orders. He did say that they were thinking of sending their mannequin to an auction because of the prices.
Mine technically wasn’t a pre-order but I was able to put down a deposit before the production date (but after the VIN was assigned) so they honored that price.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
don’t think I ever said buying from the manufacturer would be the ONLY way of purchasing. Dealers are still fine to exist in this scenario, but they would no longer be protected by anticompetitive laws that make it illegal for car makers to sell directly to the consumer. as a consumer, you really seem to enjoy not having much choice in who you buy from 😂
I'm stopping now because this is stupid.

There are literally 3,000+ Ford dealers within the USA to buy from. All are on the internet.

Enjoy your Bronco.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm stopping now because this is stupid.

There are literally 3,000+ Ford dealers within the USA to buy from. All are on the internet.

Enjoy your Bronco.
Yes, and none of them are responsible for designing, planning, manufacturing, and shipping the product to the consumer. They're simply responsible for taking off the stickers on the screen when it arrives and registering/selling the vehicle to you.

More choices means more competition -- if you're a free market advocate then you should be championing more competition for dealers (which are almost all owned by some larger corporate entity like Berkshire-Hathaway already... not very competitive now is it?).

It seems laughable that you're defending the "free market" which doesn't exist in one breath, and proclaiming a direct-to-consumer sales option would somehow be a bad thing? If Ford let me pay them 2x the delivery fee to just get the vehicle dropped off on my driveway, I'd place a Mach-E order immediately. The dealership model is the only thing preventing me from doing so, and there's countless similar opinions just like mine. Most are on the internet.

Taichi

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 XLT sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
as long as the bronco wasnt a ordered unit and you were promised MSRP then dealers should be allowed to charge whatever they want. Some people are happy to pay over MSRP. Look at the current market for the PS5's. they are impossible to find at MSRP because people are buying them all using Bots and flipping them on the secondary market for huge profits. Certain retail stores like Gamestop, won't sell the console by itself either! They only sell them in bundles with other games, gift cards, and head phones...similar to how dealerships will add paint protection, tint, tires and then charge extra for it. And yes i'm salty that i still dont have a PS5 but I refuse to pay over sticker lol
Sponsored