Sponsored

Sadly, it looks like all the Dealers have jumped on the Gouge Train…

OP
OP
rk105rider

rk105rider

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Subaru Forester, Dodge Ram Van
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am sure no one would have a problem paying for any of the accessory packages, listed. I too, have seen Mannikins with very nice additional accessory Packages, well worth the added Cost, for those Accessories….it’s the Ridiculous Admin/Market Adjustment Fees that are being added on top of all that.
Ford Dealers killed the last Thunderbird Release, with their Greed and Admin Fees., during the first two years of that Release. They couldn’t give away Thunderbirds by Year three, because everyone was so soured by the Dealers…
If the majority of Folks just hold the line, and do not pay any Markup, the Markups will go away. That is how a Market Economy works.
A couple of months of Zero Sales of Dealer Stock/Mannikins, and they’ll start to Cave in…
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I bought my 2007 GT500 it was $15K ADM and I was happy to get it for that. Free Market is what it is.

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spent some time checking most of the Dealers within 200 Miles of where I live, in East Tennessee, and sadly, it seems they’re all onboard the Gouge Train, now.
With all the Dealer Mannikins about to be eligible for Release and Sale, every dealer I checked with, has added a Markup of $10,000.00 to $20,000.00 to their Broncos. They all rationalize it the same way…. “Everyone Else is doing it- I’d be crazy not to!”

That supposed Letter, from the Ford President, warning Dealers against Practices that reflect poorly on the Company, is obviously just more Noise and Wind.
Damn that's really sad to hear. I hope my dealer won't do that, I asked my sales person right out and they said no MSRP is MSRP but I hope that holds true. I can barely justify spending 53k on a 4dr BL there's no way in hell I could justify 63-73. :(

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

used car prices are through the roof (to the benefit of many here), don't see why dealers can't harvest some of that as well, as long as it's for their own stock. Don't like the price? Don't buy, wait an other year, these will soon be as common as wranglers.

No markup on custom orders though, that's the shifty shitty stuff.

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I spent some time checking most of the Dealers within 200 Miles of where I live, in East Tennessee, and sadly, it seems they’re all onboard the Gouge Train, now.
Why didn't you reserve one when they launched the reservation system?

I reserved mine 8 minutes after the site opened, and got it for $3,000 under MSRP.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve been told from the start that they (dealers) won’t have any problem charging ADM on abandoned, mannequin or dealer stock. On the flip side, my chosen dealer has maintained that they WILL NOT charge ADM on customer retail orders.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wonder when the word starts spreading about the Engine Failures and this starts the I am not so sure I want one right now?
all 1% of them? i haven't done any research but i bet a simple google search will find that many vehicles have similar fail rates. well...i just searched. an estimated 150,000 new cars a year (roughly 1%) are classified as lemons. so it's not really a big problem. it's just heightened due to a message board full of people waiting for their broncos.

yes it sucks that it happens but it happens with other vehicles as well and they are covered under warranty and lemon laws in the very rare instance something happens.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Remember, the dealers need what we have more than the Bronco's they have. All we have to do is don't play the game and they loose. They are making more Broncos all the time, probably better. If they can get an ADM, good for them. That day will end soon. The Bronco is far from a proven machine. There is a lot of room for improvement in many areas. Most of us here know more about the Bronco than most dealers. If something goes wrong it can sit in service for weeks. No thanks.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That supposed Letter, from the Ford President, warning Dealers against Practices that reflect poorly on the Company, is obviously just more Noise and Wind.

I don't think this reflects poorly on the company. Have you seen the prices of other popular vehicles being sold right now? It's a business. Those with reservations have the right to be angry when their "MSRP protected" bronco gets gouged. They can gouge all they want the ones that are coming into their inventory in other ways.

Sponsored

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No problem with the dealer attempting to get the best price it possibly can, provided it didn't mislead anyone to get the vehicle into its inventory. Its hugely different to take a $1,000 deposit, smile and say "you're all set" when the customer has not in fact entered into a binding contract and you have no intention of honoring MSRP for the person who helped you get the allocation.

As far as gouging, getting the best possible price (provided you haven't misled anyone) isn't gouging. And if you want to look at the person to blame for the ADM, look at your fellow Bronco enthusiast, whose willingness to pay up for the Bronco is the real reason for your pain. If everyone refused to pay ADMs, no dealers could get them. But like OPEC trying to get all its members enforce an embargo, that will never really work.

And we all need to look at ourselves, whose fear has been a handmaiden to the supply chain issues that have made normal production products into de facto limited editions. More independent thinking, more critical questioning, is one of my own resolutions for 2022.

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why didn't you reserve one when they launched the reservation system?

I reserved mine 8 minutes after the site opened, and got it for $3,000 under MSRP.

OHHHH, Good for you, want a cookie?

As MANY have said, they did reserve the first day or day two, made an agreement with the dealer, (GM in my case), and got verbal, some text, and some even Email (my situation) with the dealer AGREEING to a price, but when it arrived, the old Bait and Switch F you to the customer added ADM, or in my case x-plan promised and agreed to in writing (email) and the the old screw you marked up. The first time I heard of surprise ADM's I contacted my dealer and I asked for a purchase price guarantee / contract / or whatever and was told not only was it not necessary, but it wasn't even a "thing".... So stop blaming people getting F'ed by Stealership Scum.

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With all the Dealer Mannikins about to be eligible for Release and Sale, every dealer I checked with, has added a Markup of $10,000.00 to $20,000.00 to their Broncos. They all rationalize it the same way…. “Everyone Else is doing it- I’d be crazy not to!”

I don't see an issue here, these are functionally "stock" or slightly used, they are free to get what the can on the open market.

My issue is when dealers force a surprise ADM down the throat of someone who ordered and was told, or left to believe they would get it at MSRP or some lower ADM amount. Especially for a reservation holder that been waiting so long.

Realistically, I think there is a limited number of buyers for which money isn't much of an object that is willing to pay these crazyADMs. Once they aren't so rare, when the mannequins hit the market dealers aren't likely to get that ADM they hope.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If someone is dumb enough to pay over MSRP, at the dealer or a private sale, they deserve to get ripped off. Consider it tuition.
Sponsored