Sponsored

Sadly, it looks like all the Dealers have jumped on the Gouge Train…

rk105rider

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Subaru Forester, Dodge Ram Van
Your Bronco Model
Base
I spent some time checking most of the Dealers within 200 Miles of where I live, in East Tennessee, and sadly, it seems they’re all onboard the Gouge Train, now.
With all the Dealer Mannikins about to be eligible for Release and Sale, every dealer I checked with, has added a Markup of $10,000.00 to $20,000.00 to their Broncos. They all rationalize it the same way…. “Everyone Else is doing it- I’d be crazy not to!”

That supposed Letter, from the Ford President, warning Dealers against Practices that reflect poorly on the Company, is obviously just more Noise and Wind.
Sponsored

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well yeah, if it's not your custom order, expect to pay a hefty mark up. Wait or pay adm.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They can charge what they want for theirs. It's a problem when they mark up Ours.

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There are still some good dealers out there although they are few and far between at this point. I got mine (without preorder) for MSRP by a stroke fo dumb luck. They said a few extra dollars on a handful of trucks wasn't worth destroying the reputation they've built over the last 60+ years.

Gervais Ford in Ayer, MA.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There are still some good dealers out there although they are few and far between at this point. I got mine (without preorder) for MSRP by a stroke fo dumb luck. They said a few extra dollars on a handful of trucks wasn't worth destroying the reputation they've built over the last 60+ years.

Gervais Ford in Ayer, MA.
I called them after you posted about them before and was told $5k over. That’s a ton less than other dealers I’ve called and I would consider it if they had anything I’d be happy with. Maybe I should actually walk through the door…

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't have a problem with ADM on mannequins, abandoned orders, or stock units. Different story with reservation/order holders...
I guess it all depends on how they got the abandoned orders......

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have a problem with ADM on mannequins, abandoned orders, or stock units. Different story with reservation/order holders...
It sucks that we're in this kind of market, but this is the right take here. It's not unethical for dealers to add markup on vehicles that are just sitting on their lot, high in demand. If people stop paying that markup suddenly, it goes away. That doesn't hurt my view of Ford, necessarily -- it hurts my view of the car dealership model. It's not a free market if I can't just pay Ford MSRP + delivery directly, and skip the dealership altogether.

What is unethical, and hurts my view of Ford, is dealerships adding surprise-ADM at time of delivery for reservation/order holders. If you want to charge ADM on an order, you should be required by law to provide that markup when I place my order. Otherwise there's no competition whatsoever between dealers, and it's an entirely captive market.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As it pertains to the mannequins, most are outfitted with accessory packages mandated by Ford. Dealers that received more than one didn't have to outfit both. But the accessory packages aren't cheap ranging from $5-8K. So what is perceived as ADM of $10K might only be a nominal ADM after accounting for the accessories. Phil from Ruxer posted the accessory packages sometime ago.
Ford Bronco Sadly, it looks like all the Dealers have jumped on the Gouge Train… FCTP Access1

Ford Bronco Sadly, it looks like all the Dealers have jumped on the Gouge Train… FCTP Access2A

Ford Bronco Sadly, it looks like all the Dealers have jumped on the Gouge Train… FCTP Access2B

Ford Bronco Sadly, it looks like all the Dealers have jumped on the Gouge Train… FCTP Access2C

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did not see so far in this thread. This dealer very well may not have received this Bronco at this time had it not been for the Reservation. This matters.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

100% agree. Free market controls price when it’s a lot vehicle and not reserved.

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I spent some time checking most of the Dealers within 200 Miles of where I live, in East Tennessee, and sadly, it seems they’re all onboard the Gouge Train, now.
With all the Dealer Mannikins about to be eligible for Release and Sale, every dealer I checked with, has added a Markup of $10,000.00 to $20,000.00 to their Broncos. They all rationalize it the same way…. “Everyone Else is doing it- I’d be crazy not to!”

That supposed Letter, from the Ford President, warning Dealers against Practices that reflect poorly on the Company, is obviously just more Noise and Wind.
The dealers in your area are low balling :). Here in the Dallas Fort Worth Area they start at 25k and go up from there.
Sponsored