First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s a big solid body on frame vehicle
BoF is not a safety benefit versus the alternative. There are some workarounds that have notably improved BoF crash performance vs. before, but it’s still at an inherent disadvantage. Definitely does not deserve to be called out as a check mark in the “for safety” column!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I survived two Bronco IIs (loved them) and each of the Explorers that lead to certain death. I also survived a pretty horrific crash in my buddies bad ass 78 Bronco. I think the 6g will be a massive step up! (I have an F150 now. It seems very safe as well) I was a claims adjuster for a while and the car that constantly amazed me was the first generation Taurus. I can’t tell you how many I saw in complete decimation that the owners were relatively unhurt or alive when others involved were not. Volvos were a close second. Complete POS cars, but well built from a crash protection perspective.
Edit-above poster nailed it, BOF is a disadvantage in many types of crashes, particularly in fixed barrier collisions (primarily because BOF is heavier, relative to comparable unitized construction from my understanding). Sometimes mass is good, sometimes mass is bad as well!

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The entire upper half of the body is made of pillars above all passenger seats. It has to be considerably safer than the last generation of broncos with older tech, smaller pillars, weaker material, and no pillars in the rear.
Sponsored