Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whats up everyone.

I have a 23 Badlands non-sasquatch I am looking to lift in order to run Method 17x8.5 +0 wheels wrapped in 35/12.5 BFG K02. The conclusion I have come to is I can probably run it stock with my crash bars removed but I would like to raise the vehicle up to squatch level at a minimum.

Sasquatch take offs can be had very affordable and are less than half the cost of 6100s. 6100s give you more height options and I think will level it out? Any advice or comments going either way would be appreciated. Its primarily a daily driver but will be used for some lighter off-roading on occasion.
Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

Shock surplus youtube is fantastic for this stuff. While I might not make a purchase solely off their commentary, it is a huge step up from guessing.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whats up everyone.

I have a 23 Badlands non-sasquatch I am looking to lift in order to run Method 17x8.5 +0 wheels wrapped in 35/12.5 BFG K02. The conclusion I have come to is I can probably run it stock with my crash bars removed but I would like to raise the vehicle up to squatch level at a minimum.

Sasquatch take offs can be had very affordable and are less than half the cost of 6100s. 6100s give you more height options and I think will level it out? Any advice or comments going either way would be appreciated. Its primarily a daily driver but will be used for some lighter off-roading on occasion.
6100s is a better way to go in my opinion. They are height adjustable, larger shock so better performance. I paid $800 for all 4 and they ride better than my SAS shocks.

OP
OP
Dmk08

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6100s is a better way to go in my opinion. They are height adjustable, larger shock so better performance. I paid $800 for all 4 and they ride better than my SAS shocks.
Wow where did you get them for that price? I was seeing $800ish per front and rear.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow where did you get them for that price? I was seeing $800ish per front and rear.
Jeepandtruckparts.com arrived quickly and I could not pass up the price.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dmk08

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeepandtruckparts.com arrived quickly and I could not pass up the price.
Nice. Unfortunately looks like they only have the fronts listed now. But yeah great price.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just got my 6100s havnt got them on yet . Stage3motorsports was having a special on them a few weeks ago...not sure if they are still on sale or not.

I have sasquatch now, but have 37s on mine and the bigger shock body and valve will help with the added weight on each corner. If you are going to stay with a lighter tire like stock or BFG 35s, the 5100s may even work for you.......

OP
OP
Dmk08

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got my 6100s havnt got them on yet . Stage3motorsports was having a special on them a few weeks ago...not sure if they are still on sale or not.

I have sasquatch now, but have 37s on mine and the bigger shock body and valve will help with the added weight on each corner. If you are going to stay with a lighter tire like stock or BFG 35s, the 5100s may even work for you.......
If Im going to go through the work of changing out the shocks I'm willing to pony up for the 6100s. I watched that video above and it looks like they handle bumps at moderate speeds much better.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
If Im going to go through the work of changing out the shocks I'm willing to pony up for the 6100s. I watched that video above and it looks like they handle bumps at moderate speeds much better.

Well if we're talking just a little more money, let me introduce you to Fox 2.5 bypass shocks... :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dmk08

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well if we're talking just a little more money, let me introduce you to Fox 2.5 bypass shocks... :ROFLMAO:
I'm assuming those would require more than just shocks? Springs etc?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm assuming those would require more than just shocks? Springs etc?
Whats up everyone.

Squatch is less than 1/2" taller than non-sas BL so you wouldn't be gaining much with the take-offs plus you wouldn't have the ability to level.

Couple other things to consider...

- Would be prudent to install steering rack bushings and reinforce or upgrade tie rods.
- If lifting more than 2" consider new upper control arms

OP
OP
Dmk08

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Squatch is less than 1/2" taller than non-sas BL so you wouldn't be gaining much with the take-offs plus you wouldn't have the ability to level.

Couple other things to consider...

- Would be prudent to install steering rack bushings and reinforce or upgrade tie rods.
- If lifting more than 2" consider new upper control arms
I think I am just gonna wait til the wheels are in then and see if I even want to raise it.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

OP
OP
Dmk08

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are still on sale. Did you have any issues with Stage3? Seems to have varying reviews.
Sponsored

Last edited: