Sponsored

4WP Coilovers VS Sasquatch Bilstein Shocks?

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Y'all,
I have been debating for a few days on dropping Sasquatch from my black diamond build and doing the 4wp coilover set up instead with some general grabber X3 35/12.50r17 tires. I know going aftermarket is slightly more expensive, but I am wondering what you think is the better set up if we are leaving price aside?? I would love to build mine out like the 4wp show vehicle but I am just not sure if they are the same quality shocks that the Bilsteins are as I know Ford put a lot of R&D into that suspension set up and I would hate to miss out on a superior product.

I am also planning to use their bumpers and winch set up on my build.

Thanks!

4wp-factory-parts-go-official-for-2021-ford-bronco-start-customizing-from-50-164454-7.jpeg
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are OK with the auto transmission, go squatch. It will be better in the long run as you get better gears and front axle as well.

I'm a manual only guy, so I'll be going the upgrade suspension route, but I still will have the higher gears and weaker front axle. I'm also not sold on 4WP as the answer, but it's a step in the right direction.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, there is not much real world experience on the 4wp's yet. I have a set but in my garage but my preferred tires are back ordered so I have yet to install them. The 4wp's are larger and rebuildable so they have that going for them. You can also crank them higher and fit 37's if you ever want to go bigger. Of course, they are not factory warrantied and will be more expensive and you might also need gears, uca's and other parts depending on what your end goal is.

Edit. Kodiak makes an excellent point on the front axle as well. I went manual BL so axle and gearing are not a concern.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There will be more choices for coilovers soon, if you can wait. 4wp look decent, I just wish they had a remote reservoir.

OP
OP
Ttp2017

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you are OK with the auto transmission, go squatch. It will be better in the long run as you get better gears and front axle as well.

I'm a manual only guy, so I'll be going the upgrade suspension route, but I still will have the higher gears and weaker front axle. I'm also not sold on 4WP as the answer, but it's a step in the right direction.
Yeh my build is a 2.7 auto so that might be best then. I knew I would be missing the lockers and gears but I forgot it also got a better front axle.
Unfortunately, there is not much real world experience on the 4wp's yet. I have a set but in my garage but my preferred tires are back ordered so I have yet to install them. The 4wp's are larger and rebuildable so they have that going for them. You can also crank them higher and fit 37's if you ever want to go bigger. Of course, they are not factory warrantied and will be more expensive and you might also need gears, uca's and other parts depending on what your end goal is.

Edit. Kodiak makes an excellent point on the front axle as well. I went manual BL so axle and gearing are not a concern.
Yeh that has been my problem too. I see a handful of people have gotten them installed already but no one has done a review yet. I like the idea of them being rebuildable down the line and the option to do 37s at some point. For now I would probably only crank them to have a 2 -2.5 inch lift as I do not want to do the UCA's just yet. Do you have to know the service life of the shocks in general? Is it like every 50k miles for normal use.

I meant to ask, what tires are you waiting on?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I meant to ask, what tires are you waiting on?
Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.5r17. I like the Recons as well but they 17's have been slow to market and won't be available until late fall I am told.
Sponsored