Sponsored

Eibach vs stock Sasquatch shocks

Eibach Stage 2 or Sasquatch Shocks for $900?

• Total voters

cps5602

Big Bend
First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi all, I'm looking to order a coilover and I've been looking at the Eibach Stage 2 coilover. I recently found someone selling brand new sasquatch shocks w/ the springs and reservoirs for $900. Which one would offer better performance, and is the $900 worth it over the $1720 the Eibach coilovers would be.
Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m very curious about this myself. There are so many coilover kits out there, itā€™s overwhelmingā€¦ plus what I want and what I can afford/justify are radically different šŸ¤£

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too am in the market for a suspension lift, but get confused as to why it matters if I am currently SASQUATCH or not? Is there something else besides the shocks that is different between the models? I know the BRaptor front shocks mount differently, but what is different with a Base vs Base SAS besides the shocks themselves (I already know gears, lockers and wheels/tires).

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m really liking the Eibachā€™s. The stage 2ā€™s would offer you more benefits over the other shocks since they enable you to adjust for lift.

Last edited:

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have about 10k miles on the "stage 1" system. Mine was used for test fitment and prototyping. The Stage 2 system is superior to the Sasquatch in most ways. I would definitely say that the Stage 1 system is about equal to the Sasquatch with the advantage of being able to adjust the height with the spring collars. The stage 2 system has the advantage of being able to dial in the height using the threaded body. Both are valved and sprung exceptionally well for all around driving on-road and off-road. I've run mine fairly hard offraoding and I also daily it.

I have factory front upper arms still and have no abnormal wear on any components. Buy the eibach stuff with confidence that it is very good. If you go on my IG there is more info, and I can answer more questions there as I'm on there more often.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I too am in the market for a suspension lift, but get confused as to why it matters if I am currently SASQUATCH or not? Is there something else besides the shocks that is different between the models? I know the BRaptor front shocks mount differently, but what is different with a Base vs Base SAS besides the shocks themselves (I already know gears, lockers and wheels/tires).
The factory bilsteins of the Sasquatch syspension are really good as it is. Eibach sells a new spring kit that retains the factory bilstein shocks and give about a 2 inch lift. The base suspension is very soft and has way too much movement under any input of steer, brake, or acceleration. The sasquatch is at least passable as a decent suspension. The balck bodied Base suspsenion is pretty terrible tbh. The eibach system is a huge night and day difference. It doesn't even feel like tye same vehicle after you switch.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all, I'm looking to order a coilover and I've been looking at the Eibach Stage 2 coilover. I recently found someone selling brand new sasquatch shocks w/ the springs and reservoirs for $900. Which one would offer better performance, and is the $900 worth it over the $1720 the Eibach coilovers would be.

As others have mentioned both are very good systems and honestly could not go wrong with either.

But if we are looking at the tech of each the Eibach do give you more in terms of adjustability, changing spring rates (way lower cost) after adding a bunch of accessories to the front or back of your Bronco.

In my mind the extra you are paying for is the modular system of a coilover that allows the adjustments & changes needed as you continue to modify your Bronco for your adventures off road or on.

In terms of ride quality customers have reported that the Eibachs seem to ride a little better than their SAS factory suspension.

On the SAS side many are bringing springs out to lift their factory shocks but by the time you pay for the SAS shocks and the aftermarket springs your cost is not far from the full coilover replacement especially now during Black Friday.

We are doing 15% OFF all Eibach products which brings the coilover to $1462 with free ground shipping in the US! + FREE BRONCO UGLY SWEATER!

I would be more than happy to help you in anyway or answer any additional questions you may have!

Thank you

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others have mentioned both are very good systems and honestly could not go wrong with either.

But if we are looking at the tech of each the Eibach do give you more in terms of adjustability, changing spring rates (way lower cost) after adding a bunch of accessories to the front or back of your Bronco.

In my mind the extra you are paying for is the modular system of a coilover that allows the adjustments & changes needed as you continue to modify your Bronco for your adventures off road or on.

In terms of ride quality customers have reported that the Eibachs seem to ride a little better than their SAS factory suspension.

On the SAS side many are bringing springs out to lift their factory shocks but by the time you pay for the SAS shocks and the aftermarket springs your cost is not far from the full coilover replacement especially now during Black Friday.

We are doing 15% OFF all Eibach products which brings the coilover to $1462 with free ground shipping in the US! + FREE BRONCO UGLY SWEATER!

I would be more than happy to help you in anyway or answer any additional questions you may have!

Thank you
Getting ready to order but a question:
I have a 2.7l non sas Badland 4 dr. I see that there are not different applications for the different models? Correct?
I would expect my Bronco weighs considerably more than a 2.3l base.
Ordering the stage 2 coil over system.
Thanks

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Getting ready to order but a question:
I have a 2.7l non sas Badland 4 dr. I see that there are not different applications for the different models? Correct?
I would expect my Bronco weighs considerably more than a 2.3l base.
Thanks

As your bronco is a few hundred pounds more up front there are not different base setups depending on engine as the same spring can handle the difference will just take a turn or 2 more to level

If you were to add a winch, bumper etc I would recommend the upgraded springs we offer to get the lift and level you would be after to achieve!

Happy to answer any other questions or concerns or help with your order

Thank you

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TLDR:
Get some Bilstein 6112s all around, but if you had to choose between the Eibach Stage 2 and the Bilstein HOSS 2.0 ESCV Sasquatch Stockers, go with the Eibach if you prefer more comfort and go with the Stockers if you like to get rowdy.

I have had the Eibach Stage 2 for a few weeks now, and I will say that they are more comfortable than the stock HOSS 2.0 Bilsteins, except when you really want to beat on them. The stockers definitely are not all that comfortable for 90% of situations compared to anything aftermarket, but when you boogie, you can really feel the internal jounce stops working and helping you out. On the road and at moderate speeds off road the Eibachs are much better, but I do think the stock Bilsteins are just a hair better when things get rowdy. You have a four-door though, so you can run the Bilstein 6112s, which I think might just be better than both for a similar price. They are a 2.6" diameter body, so although they do not have the internal jounce and rebound stops like the stockers, the increased dampening force should more than make up the difference when you try to boogie while still being comfier everywhere else. You will need a spring compressor, but I think the extra work (and danger) is definitely worth it. I will be testing them myself next, but after being on the Stock Sasquatch, Bilstein 5100, Icon 2.5 EXP, and Eibach stage 2 coilovers, I can already tell they will be the winners so far, particularly at this price. My favorite of everything I tested in terms of performance was the Icon 2.5 EXP, but I felt they were a little firm over smaller bumps, and the aluminum body snapped in half after three hectic runs. Up until they broke, they were great at just about any speed and really let you "ain't care" through the rough stuff, but they feel pretty darn firm over smaller imperfections, particularly at lower speeds. The Bilstein is an almost identical design, but they use a smaller shaft which should allow for more flow through the piston for better small bump sensitivity, and use a steel body that I doubt even I could snap in half. Overall I think they will be just as if not more comfortable than the Eibachs and have nearly as much support as the Icon when you hit something hard, so I think they are hard to beat.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the eibachs on my BD non sas and couldnā€™t be more happy. The adjustability makes them worth the price and theyā€™re 1/3 the price of Fox or King. The two I mentioned maybe higher end and better quality over the eibachs but at their price point they better be
Sponsored