Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Taurus Ltd. - Company Sled & Wife’s Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got my Bilstein 6100 shocks installed on my Badlands Sasquatch. I used the highest circlip location and love the outcome!

Install was not bad, probably 6 hours total. I recommend to do the fronts first since they are a bit harder. The rears are a piece of cake.

Since the springs are more compressed at their natural position, I was expecting the ride to be more bumpy. But it actually rides better. Maybe is because I have the extra weight of the bumper and winch in the front, so things balance out at the end.

The 6100's appear to be the exact same length as the stock Sasquatch shocks. So that makes me feel happy that I am not taking the other suspension components out of their design envelope. I was worried about overstressing my CV joints with the spacer kits and that is the main reason I decided to go with this instead.

My next planned upgrade will be a 1" to 1.5" body lift to fit 37's.

From the options out there, I think the 6100's plus a small body lift is the best combination to fit 37's, with better performance over stock and without breaking the bank.

I plan to do a write up about the installation once I have time to sit down and sort through the pictures I took.

bilstein 6100 suspension ford bronco badlands sasquatch.jpg

bilstein 6100 shocks suspension ford bronco badlands sasquatch.jpg

PXL_20220903_192734168.jpg

PXL_20220903_185650665.jpg

PXL_20220903_172606456.jpg
Could you do me a favor and simply provide a link to buy these?
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From driving it a bit more now, I think the best way to explain it is that you feel a bit more the smaller bumps (stiffer ride) but it soaks up better the big bumps.
From my comparison, the maximum extension is the same, so it will not give you more total articulation.
But since you are riding at a higher position of the strut in the highest perch, it has more travel before it hits the bump stop. So driving on the road, I think you do get a bit more usable travel in the highest perch, compared to stock.
The issue is not having enough droop and tires losing traction and then regaining traction "skating" feel. You get any? I have been plugging around with excel on how much droop you get with the extra lift. I think that is why Bilstein has limited the lift to the 2" area.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have about 1500 miles on the 6100's. It seems like the ride has softened quite a a bit since they were first put on. Tires are at 33psi cold. When I got the wheels and tires, shop had them at 43. Was not pleasant at 43. At 33, very smooth

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
will these fit 37s without any other parts?

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am getting around 39.5" in the front and 40.5" in the back. So still a small rake, with the front about 1" lower than the rear.

PXL_20220906_190940328.jpg

PXL_20220906_191100257.jpg
Finally got mine in and installed. Measured today cause I was curious. Mine are coming in at 40.25" front. 41.125"rear from ground to flare. Center of axle. Maybe it's the tires... I have toyo's. 35x12.5x17. Only driven home so far... They feel fine!
Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 shocks installed on Badlands Sasquatch - feedback review & photos PSX_20220916_175947

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 shocks installed on Badlands Sasquatch - feedback review & photos PSX_20220916_180013

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am getting around 39.5" in the front and 40.5" in the back. So still a small rake, with the front about 1" lower than the rear.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 shocks installed on Badlands Sasquatch - feedback review & photos PSX_20220916_180013

I am really surprised, because I put non-sasquatch Badlands shocks and springs on my OBX and ended up not far off these measurements. Clearance under the front of the vehicle is right at 12" at the skid plate and the clearance under the rear diff is a shade over 10". The center of the wheel arch ended up at 39" and the rear wheel arch ended up at 39.25" (a very slight rake). Pretty sure that I could get 35" tires under it now (current tires are 33.5" - 295/70R17) after pulling the crash bars.

With 35" tires and the 6100's you only ended up 1/2" higher?!? Maybe the sasquatch fender has more overhang.

OP
OP
armand0609

armand0609

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really surprised, because I put non-sasquatch Badlands shocks and springs on my OBX and ended up not far off these measurements. Clearance under the front of the vehicle is right at 12" at the skid plate and the clearance under the rear diff is a shade over 10". The center of the wheel arch ended up at 39" and the rear wheel arch ended up at 39.25" (a very slight rake). Pretty sure that I could get 35" tires under it now (current tires are 33.5" - 295/70R17) after pulling the crash bars.

With 35" tires and the 6100's you only ended up 1/2" higher?!? Maybe the sasquatch fender has more overhang.
I also have an aftermarket bumper and a winch. So the front is a lot heavier.

Sponsored

Mahin2021

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 TD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are conditions that one may encounter where a larger diameter tire is beneficial. 37's for what I do are much better than 35's. Not the case for everyone.
Some people are using the wrong lift to run 37's.
These struts won't give you crazy angles but you still need to be aware that there's more weight out there and much more stress in certain situations. No problem if you know what you can and cannot do. Unfortunately some people find the limit when shit breaks.
What do you do that 37’s are better?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you do that 37’s are better?
Deep snow and mud in Northern Wisconsin. On land that only has logging trails.
Deer, turkey, bear, wolf, coyote, squirrel and snipe hunting.
Camping, fishing and just having fun. Drinking beer with friends and having fun.
Sadly, not enough people understand

Edit: 35's are good for most but 37's and bigger are quite helpful

Mahin2021

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 TD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Deep snow and mud in Northern Wisconsin. On land that only has logging trails.
Deer, turkey, bear, wolf, coyote, squirrel and snipe hunting.
Camping, fishing and just having fun. Drinking beer with friends and having fun.
Sadly, not enough people understand
Don’t forget to beef up your tie rods. Enjoy your awesome setup😊👍

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t forget to beef up your tie rods. Enjoy your awesome setup😊👍
Some might say my thinking is flawed.
I decided against beefing up anything steering related.
I have spares tie rods incoming.
If anything is going to break, I want it to be a tie rod. Not the rack.
If the 3.0 rack is ever figured out for a Badlands, I will upgrade all of it.
Might change my mind down the road but for now, that's how I'm rolling.
Most of the tie rods that are breaking are due to spacer lifts allowing too much droop and with the added mass of a larger tires shit breaks .
My setup doesn't increase droop and there's not many rocks in Wisconsin. And I think I know my limitations 😆

Mahin2021

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 TD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some might say my thinking is flawed.
I decided against beefing up anything steering related.
I have spares tie rods incoming.
If anything is going to break, I want it to be a tie rod. Not the rack.
If the 3.0 rack is ever figured out for a Badlands, I will upgrade all of it.
Might change my mind down the road but for now, that's how I'm rolling.
Most of the tie rods that are breaking are due to spacer lifts allowing too much droop and with the added mass of a larger tires shit breaks .
My setup doesn't increase droop and there's not many rocks in Wisconsin. And I think I know my limitations 😆
Sounds good👍 Be safe and God Bless
Sponsored