Sponsored

New Height Adjustable Bilstein 6100 Series Shock Absorbers Installed on 2021 Bronco

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to be clear. These 6100's will fit the BL non SAS with the factory springs? It's just the other lower trims it won't fit due to the smaller OEM springs? When I search through Bilstein's website; it says no products found for the BL.
On Bilsteins site it shows both Sasquatch and Non-Sas Badlands. Same shocks. 6100's if you are using the factory springs again or 6112s if you want to buy Bilsteins springs. You can even get 5100's if you don't want to spend much money. Here is the link showing ride heights for both BL models.

Bilstein 6100 Installation
Sponsored

Charles Miller

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the 6100's on a sasquatch badlands 2.7
37x12.5 17 0 offset icon rebound pro wheels. Set at top level.
Only a few hundred miles into them.
No off-road driving until next weekend.
On-road with the new tires I am happy with the result. Driving the same bad roads that I drove when stock, it's smoother. More planted. My wife says it rides nicer. She isn't the type to ever notice or comment on something like that.
Can't give any off-road feedback for about a week.
I put these on to clear 37's until I choose a different coilover setup.
If they perform well on the trip next week, they might just stay on it.

Edit: after around 1500 miles, I noticed all 4 tires were wearing abnormally. Feathered badly on the outside of the fronts and passenger rear. Inside of driver rear also.
Shop in Madison either didn't align it or messed it up.
Took it back to them and they weren't able to align it. Owner claimed he didn't trust his rack. Way more to that story.
Took it to Full Boar Auto in Dodgeville Wi. These guys are legit. Wish I had taken it to them from the start.
Took new rear links to get the back straight. After they were done with it, rides excellent!
With the rear freed up and aligned, it drives really well on and offroad.
I would recommend doing rear links if lifting at all. Very noticeable improvement!
Screenshot_20220826-212606_Gmail.jpg
Can you let me know the rear link you used?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you let me know the rear link you used?
I used Core 4x4
Did uppers and lowers

I have since swapped the 6100's out for Eibach 2.0 coilovers. With 550 springs up front

Made the switch because my vehicle was not level side to side.
The Eibachs are adjustable.
Sitting pretty now 😆

Charles Miller

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used Core 4x4
Did uppers and lowers

I have since swapped the 6100's out for Eibach 2.0 coilovers. With 550 springs up front

Made the switch because my vehicle was not level side to side.
The Eibachs are adjustable.
Sitting pretty now 😆
Why the 550 springs up front? Do you by any chance have the model numbers for your set up? Is the ride better after upgrading from rf he 6100’s?

Thank you for your help!

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly not sure, but now you have me thinking?! Ford dealership installed it and didn’t bring it up, but I’ll check instructions and see what Bilstein recommends.
What did you find out. Installer did the same to mine and I don't think they switched the bump stop over otherwise it would be on top of the dust boot correct?

20240105_213103.jpg
Sponsored