Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! Yeah, I went with the lower clips for all the same reasons as you. Those tech 6 wheels look good - they were on my list for sure. I really think the extra width of the 315/70r17 tires do a lot for the overall look, too.
Sponsored

GoodThunder

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Badlands, Carbonized Gray (Pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! Yeah, I went with the lower clips for all the same reasons as you. Those tech 6 wheels look good - they were on my list for sure. I really think the extra width of the 315/70r17 tires do a lot for the overall look, too.
Thanks, I like the wheels as well. I was also really torn between those and the Methods you have, and deciding on gray vs. black. And I was on the fence on the KO2s and the Toyo RTs you have. Ultimately, I let weight guide me on the wheels/tires since I have the 2.3L...but, I'm pretty sure it'd have been fine either way as the difference isn't huge.

OP
OP

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, I like the wheels as well. I was also really torn between those and the Methods you have, and deciding on gray vs. black. And I was on the fence on the KO2s and the Toyo RTs you have. Ultimately, I let weight guide me on the wheels/tires since I have the 2.3L...but, I'm pretty sure it'd have been fine either way as the difference isn't huge.
I did start by looking for KO2s. I like those tires but had a really hard time finding 5 of them in the right rating at the time. I dig the RT trails though. The traction has been good, they ride well, the weight isn’t too bad, and I think they look great.

Wickedbronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for those who have installed this: once installed, is it possible to adjust the clip location by compressing the springs?
also, consensus seems to be the ride quality is much better than stock?

GoodThunder

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Badlands, Carbonized Gray (Pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for those who have installed this: once installed, is it possible to adjust the clip location by compressing the springs?
also, consensus seems to be the ride quality is much better than stock?
I really don't know if you can do it while it's installed...I assume it'd be somewhere between very difficult and impossible based on the space available, etc. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the recommended way to do it. I was definitely nervous that I'd not be happy with the lift amount and would have to take it all apart again to adjust, but it worked out.

On ride quality, I've only had mine a few days, and only on pavement so far. I wouldn't call it a huge difference...I'd say a little bit stiffer with regard to nose dive and body roll, and handles speed bumps and potholes better over the HOSS 2.0.

Sponsored

Wickedbronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don't know if you can do it while it's installed...I assume it'd be somewhere between very difficult and impossible based on the space available, etc. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the recommended way to do it. I was definitely nervous that I'd not be happy with the lift amount and would have to take it all apart again to adjust, but it worked out.

On ride quality, I've only had mine a few days, and only on pavement so far. I wouldn't call it a huge difference...I'd say a little bit stiffer with regard to nose dive and body roll, and handles speed bumps and potholes better over the HOSS 2.0.
Figured that might be the case but had to ask. Thanks for responding.

OP
OP

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, stiffer but more comfortable, if that makes sense at all. I do experience a sort of reverse brake dive when I reverse out of my garage in the morning. It squats a bit in the rear but quickly normalizes. I’ve taken them off road once and thought it was great. The only time I’ve taken the 2.0 off road was at off-roadeo in Moab which was very different terrain so I can’t really give a good comparison there.

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Before (bottom), After (top).... went to #5 on the clip
Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 / 6112 Ride Heights Bronco before and after 6100.JPG

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for sharing. Did you measure before and after? 2.7 engine?
Yes 2.7

My measurements weren’t perfect but I got around 1.5 front and 1.25 rear and 1 inch at center of my steps

Wickedbronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes 2.7

My measurements weren’t perfect but I got around 1.5 front and 1.25 rear and 1 inch at center of my steps
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.
Sponsored