Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to resurrect this a bit… I did notice that the printed instructions that came with my 6100s list different lift heights than the instructions currently online. I spoke to Bilstein and the rep confirmed I should go with the latest revision date (online instructions). The heights are pretty different…

Front:
Old: New:
2.6 2.3
2.3 2.0
2.0 1.7
1.6 1.3
1.3 1.0
1.0 0.7

Rear
1.4 1.9
1.2 1.7
1.0 1.5
0.8 1.2
0.6 1.0
0.3 0.8

I’ll be putting them on tomorrow, so we’ll see!
Sponsored

OP
OP

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t give an exact number because the tech didn’t write it down but it was apparently very close to Bilstein’s revised numbers.

I went to the 3rd clip setting to add 1.3”, which in theory should put me a little under an inch above Sasquatch. If anyone has any specific measurements they’d like me to get, let me know. Unfortunately I’ll be taking it back in next week because the tech also didn’t swap over the oem bump stops…

Initial impression is that the ride (on the road) feels quite a bit less harsh compared to the factory Badlands Bilsteins. No off-road until the bump stops go in.

IMG_4381.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just to resurrect this a bit… I did notice that the printed instructions that came with my 6100s list different lift heights than the instructions currently online. I spoke to Bilstein and the rep confirmed I should go with the latest revision date (online instructions). The heights are pretty different…

Front:
2.6 2.3
2.3 2.0
2.0 1.7
1.6 1.3
1.3 1.0
1.0 0.7

Rear
1.4 1.9
1.2 1.7
1.0 1.5
0.8 1.2
0.6 1.0
0.3 0.8

I’ll be putting them on tomorrow, so we’ll see!
I noticed this same trend. Slightly more lift in rear and less in front than originally (OLD) advertised numbers.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t give an exact number because the tech didn’t write it down but it was apparently very close to Bilstein’s revised numbers.

I went to the 3rd clip setting to add 1.3”, which in theory should put me a little under an inch above Sasquatch. If anyone has any specific measurements they’d like me to get, let me know. Unfortunately I’ll be taking it back in next week because the tech also didn’t swap over the oem bump stops…

Initial impression is that the ride (on the road) feels quite a bit less harsh compared to the factory Badlands Bilsteins. No off-road until the bump stops go in.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 / 6112 Ride Heights IMG_4380

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 / 6112 Ride Heights IMG_4380
Looks awesome. For comparison here's my badlands using the Badlands springs on the 6th clip front and back.
Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 / 6112 Ride Heights PSX_20230428_164209

OP
OP

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome. For comparison here's my badlands using the Badlands springs on the 6th clip front and back.
Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 / 6112 Ride Heights PSX_20230428_164209
Thanks, as one of a handful of guys running these, I’ve been paying attention to your posts about them. Your Bronco looks great. Did you use new UCAs since you went all the way up?

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, as one of a handful of guys running these, I’ve been paying attention to your posts about them. Your Bronco looks great. Did you use new UCAs since you went all the way up?
Nope, still on all factory control arms and other suspension components.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just for FYI. I installer the 6100s on my 4 door 2.7 sasquatch bronco over the weekend.

I used a Zone 1in level I had and never used on the front as well. I had already added 37inch Maxxis RAZR A/T to stock truck as well.

I noticed the Instructions in the boxes and the On-line instructions didnt match for projected lift heights. The on line seem to be more in line with what I got?

Front Before was 39-3/4 (on the 37s) Should add ground to bottom of flare in center
Front with 1" level and on 2nd Circlip groove. (went up 1 from bottom they come on) 41 -1/2 inch

Rear was 40 -5/8 before
I went up 2 cir clip slots on rear and rear is now at 41 inch even. ( I thought it would go up to even with front, but didn't)

They were able to get my alignment withis factory specs with stock arms.

I may go through the BS of taking rear apart to go up a little more at some point, but it doesn't bother me at all. I didn't want to go up a bunch of lift, and put more stress on components.

The Maxxis RAZR A/T is a little smaller 37 like the BFG and I have not had any real issues off road with crazy rubbing.

I do like the ride of the 6100s way better so far on road than the stock Sasquatch. I think partly because the larger Valving in the 6100 handle the weight of the 37s better than the stock Suspension.

It is firm but takes pavement joints and potholes with less Jarring than stock. I dont cringe going over pot holes like I used to.

Last edited:
OP
OP

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just for FYI. I installer the 6100s on my 4 door 2.7 sasquatch bronco over the weekend.

I used a Zone 1in level I had and never used on the front as well. I had already added 37inch Maxxis RAZR A/T to stock truck as well.

I noticed the Instructions in the boxes and the On-line instructions didnt match for projected lift heights. The on line seem to be more in line with what I got?

Front Before was 39-3/4 (on the 37s) Should add ground to bottom of flare in center
Front with 1" level and on 2nd Circlip groove. (went up 1 from bottom they come on) 41 -1/2 inch

Rear was 40 -5/8 before
I went up 2 cir clip slots on rear and rear is now at 41 inch even. ( I thought it would go up to even with front, but didn't)

They were able to get my alignment withis factory specs with stock arms.

I may go through the BS of taking rear apart to go up a little more at some point, but it doesn't bother me at all. I didn't want to go up a bunch of lift, and put more stress on components.

The Maxxis RAZR A/T is a little smaller 37 like the BFG and I have not had any real issues off road with crazy rubbing.

I do like the ride of the 6100s way better so far on road than the stock Sasquatch. I think partly because the larger Valving in the 6100 handle the weight of the 37s better than the stock Suspension.

It is firm but takes pavement joints and potholes with less Jarring than stock. I dont cringe going over pot holes like I used to.
I had replied to another thread somewhere and can confirm that Bilstein updated their instructions sometime after my 6100s were packaged up. The lift heights listed online appear to be correct. Anyone considering them or wanting an accurate lift height should definitely pull the new pdfs.

I went to the second clip front and back to self-squatch my badlands and maybe get that extra wheel travel the sasquatch is missing. Definitely agree that the 6100s are still stiff but ride nicely and are less jarring than the stock Bilsteins.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Current brizzy started as a '23 BL, SAS. This is after the 6112 on #6, 1" hub centric Bora spacers, and BFG 37" KO2 on OE wheels. Has not rubbed during normal diving but have not taken off road yet. If that happens I'll cut the rear crash stubs off and see what happens. Took to western MI last week and got 19.9 going up, 19.5 coming down hill.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 / 6112 Ride Heights 23bronco

Broncoco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve read a lot of threads out there about these but have not seen a lot of specific numbers. It seems like most people are just going to the tallest setting?

I’ll be going to the 6100s on my 2.7 4-door Badlands when it arrives, with the end goal of getting to Sasquatch height or a little taller. (I was one of the old reservations that were asked to drop sasquatch in order to get built)

Based on Bilstein’s instructions, in theory I could use the 2nd circlip setting and be taller than a sasquatch equipped Bronco but that doesn’t seem to necessarily be the case in real life. I’ve seen people getting more lift than expected and people getting less than expected.

I’m not planning on a winch or additional skids but I do have the mod bumper. I called Bilstein and asked what is being taken into account and was told the engine weight difference must be negligible as they will usually make different setting recommendations if it makes a difference 🤔. So not a lot of confidence in that answer.

I’d appreciate it if I could get some folks to chime in on their settings and what kind of lift they’ve achieved with these shocks. If it met their expectations, etc. It’s not something I want to pay to have done a second time if I’m not happy with the initial setting.

IMG_2098.jpeg
Why is the two door 3.6" of lift only? It's almost double the lift of a 4 door? Is that right? This is regards to the non-sas two door for the 6112's.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is the two door 3.6" of lift only? It's almost double the lift of a 4 door? Is that right? This is regards to the non-sas two door for the 6112's.
That’s really weird. I’d look the instructions up online and see if they’ve got different measurements in the updated instructions. That screenshot definitely has the wrong numbers for the 6100s and they’ve corrected it in revised documents.

Broncoco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s really weird. I’d look the instructions up online and see if they’ve got different measurements in the updated instructions. That screenshot definitely has the wrong numbers for the 6100s and they’ve corrected it in revised documents.
The website looks to have the same info. I would call if they had a customer service number. It just doesn't sound right.

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 / 6112 Ride Heights 23bronco
Looks great, mine are on order ... are you still happy with the 6100s and the height you chose? I am debating what height to go with ....

OP
OP

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great, mine are on order ... are you still happy with the 6100s and the height you chose? I am debating what height to go with ....
I’m very happy with mine. The 2nd clip gave me slightly more height than Sasquatch (but noticeable) although if I were to do it over, I’d probably go to the the 3rd. No real reason, and not worth doing over.

GoodThunder

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Badlands, Carbonized Gray (Pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought I'd add on to this thread with my experience installing the 6100s over the weekend. I have a 4 Door Badlands non-Sas with the 2.3L and modular bumper. Had previously installed 17" RTR Tech 6 wheels +30 and BFG KO2s in 315/70R17.

I was looking for a small lift to create more space for the larger tires but not make it too hard for the wife and 6 year old to get in, that wouldn't require upgrading other parts of the suspension, etc...and I liked the idea of being able to adjust the height in the future on the 6100s. I re-used my OEM Badlands non-sas springs and decided on the 2nd clip in the rear and 3rd clip in the front to make it a little bit more level while I was at it. The end result was about spot on to the current Bilstein instructions that show a 1.3" lift on the 3rd clip and 1" on the 2nd...maybe got a hair less than those numbers in the end. There is still about a 0.5" rake on it.

Install was challenging with my limited wrenching experience and working on the floor of my garage, but definitely doable with the help of several different youtube videos anyway. I was nervous about the spring compressors, but the Amazon kit I got worked perfectly and didn't concern me at all. Overall, pleased with myself and the end result. Had it aligned at a shop after, but it tracked fine before I took it in. I'd say the ride on pavement isn't tremendously different than before...seems to handle speed bumps and potholes better though.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 / 6112 Ride Heights IMG_2074

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 / 6112 Ride Heights IMG_2058

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 / 6112 Ride Heights IMG_2087
Sponsored