hotschmoe

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Planning to upgrade to Bilstein 6112s before the summer. Had some quick questions for anyone that has doen this so far. Running 35x11.5r17 already.

Will go to manufacturer listed ring positions to achieve ~2" lift
  1. Do I need new UCAs? I have read that I do not *as long as I stay 2" or below*
  2. Plan to get the sasquatch links to disconnect sway bar. With the 6112s, do I need to limit down travel in the front to prevent CVs from slipping out?
  3. I do plan on getting a trackbar relocation bracket
  4. Do I need trailing arms like the ones Camburg sells if I stay at 2"?
I wont be doing serious rockcrawling or anything crazy. But we have gone out everyweekend so far since we live 5min from a OHV trail in Phoenix. We have hit travel limits a few times and raised wheels, my only big concern is front CV issues with 6112s+Swaybar Disconnect

thanks!
2023 Big Bend
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do I need new UCAs? I have read that I do not *as long as I stay 2" or below*
In my opinion, 2" is right at the line between needing one and not needing one, it could go either way. But you should be fine without one.
Plan to get the sasquatch links to disconnect sway bar. With the 6112s, do I need to limit down travel in the front to prevent CVs from slipping out?
Not with the M210 CVs. I would assume the same would be true with the M190 CVs, but can't say for certain.
I do plan on getting a trackbar relocation bracket
Not really necessary until you get to a ~2.5 - 3" lift. But to be honest, I too would get one with a 2" lift—so good move.
Do I need trailing arms like the ones Camburg sells if I stay at 2"?
Not necessary. Some would argue it's nice to have stronger & slightly longer trailing arms, but evidence suggests the weak point is in the trailing arm mounts and not the trailing arms themselves. So... meh... I personally would consider it a day 2 upgrade.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Should not be needing new UCAs with a 2 inch lift. When I loaned Bilstein my Bronco to test a new shock they told me that it aligned with a nearly 4 inch lift. They put in the 6112s at the end and I am at 2 in front 2.4 back and factory UCAs. This is on 33 inch BL tires.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don’t need front UCA. Should easily align with any spring collar setting on the 6100s. The 6100s are same extended length as OEM SAS so no issues with CVS at full rebound. Rear lower trailing arms are also not needed.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not with the M210 CVs. I would assume the same would be true with the M190 CVs, but can't say for certain.

The FP Bilstein 2" lift are 6100 series non-adjustable shocks. There is no issue with the M190 CVs.

Sponsored

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sasquatch 2DR; '78 FJ40; '85 T4R
Your Bronco Model
Base
  1. Do I need new UCAs? I have read that I do not *as long as I stay 2" or below* You shouldn't need them to get proper toe and camber alignment specs, which is important for tire wear, but aftermarket UCAs fix geometry when lifted to be able to add more positive caster, helping track straighter. If you do need a set, we have 4WP arms for $399.99 with free shipping (best value!).
  2. Plan to get the sasquatch links to disconnect sway bar. With the 6112s, do I need to limit down travel in the front to prevent CVs from slipping out? You shouldn't need to limit down travel to keep your CVs happy. We make an alternative option that gives you right at 2" of added wheel travel and a smooter ride without having to disconnect the sway bar, here's a link: BOSS "Walker Link" Sway Bar Shock System for '21+ Bronco (boss4x4.com)
  3. I do plan on getting a trackbar relocation bracket. This is a good idea to keep your Bronco stable. We make one for $109 with free shipping: BOSS Panhard Relocation Bracket for '21+ Bronco (boss4x4.com)
  4. Do I need trailing arms like the ones Camburg sells if I stay at 2"? Not necessay with a 2" lift unless you're looking to get stronger arms.
See answers above :giggle:
We sell a lot of 6112s if you have any more questions and are currently running them ourselves.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@hotschmoe
Is your Big Bend a Squatch or not?
2dr or 4dr?

I had thought the 6112's didn't fit right with standard Broncos ( non-Squatch ). Especially the 2drs, the fronts.
( Except the Ford Perf version....)

From Bilstein website:
Ford Bronco Quick Question about Bilstein 6112 1709521557507

https://cart.bilsteinus.com/results...id=8719045583113624869&Do=2750356406413899037
It's not that they can't be used. But that only the first circlip setting is recommended. The 6112's will provide a lift beyond what is supported/intended with other stock components when using any circlip setting above #1.

That is likely the main reason why the FP version exists in order to still maintain warranty on related parts.

OP
OP

hotschmoe

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
thank you all for thr replies this is exactly what I was looking for before I pull the trigger!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 6112's will provide a lift beyond what is supported/intended with other stock components when using any circlip setting above #1.
Right, 3.6" minimum on a 2dr standard Bronco.

I'd think if you're going that route, so much would have to be replaced/modified, you might as well go with one of the higher end complete systems.
That's a hell of a leap from a factory Hitachi suspension.

That's why I asked about his original factory build.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why not consider the Eibach pro truck 2.0 adjustable coilover assemblies instead?

OP
OP

hotschmoe

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why not consider the Eibach pro truck 2.0 adjustable coilover assemblies instead?
I would consider them, nothing against them. I have run b5100s in my last two trucks and love 'em. Wanted to try the b6112s on the bronco. Seems like theyre about the same price. watching for deals over the next few months (memorial day maybe)

OP
OP

hotschmoe

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
See answers above :giggle:
We sell a lot of 6112s if you have any more questions and are currently running them ourselves.
thanks for posting info and the walker links! I have not seen these even though ive searched for aftermarket sway bar options quite a bit. For only $200 more then the disconecting links I think i'll try these out
Sponsored