First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is exactly the look I am going for. Which Circlip did you use?
I have a Black Diamond 2 door that had the Hitachi shocks. So I used the spring seat adapter with the circlip installed in the #2 location (second groove from the bottom). That lifted my Bronco the advertised 1.5". Looks like you have a Big Bend, so if you have the Hitachi shocks and want 1.5" you would also put the circlip in the #2 groove.

Update, I still no regrets after several months. Performance is still good and there hasn't been any suspension issues.
Sponsored

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Black Diamond 2 door that had the Hitachi shocks. So I used the spring seat adapter with the circlip installed in the #2 location (second groove from the bottom). That lifted my Bronco the advertised 1.5". Looks like you have a Big Bend, so if you have the Hitachi shocks and want 1.5" you would also put the circlip in the #2 groove.

Update, I still no regrets after several months. Performance is still good and there hasn't been any suspension issues.
I've been running the 5100 on the #2 groove for over a year now and like it a lot. It gave about an 1.7" lift in the front and 1.5 lift in the rear so vehicle is level now. I worry about too much lift causing problems with CV's and rack, plus way too many Broncos out there with big lifts and big tires. 33's and a slight lift is all I need!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I too have circlip position 2 on a non Sas for a year now. Perfect, raises the hangy downy things without causing issues.

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I finally got my 5100s on. I used circle 4 each side. 4 wheel parts recommended that if I’m gonna do something like this that I mind as well get more ground clearance than not.. I’m very new to larger vehicles so I can’t really tell if there is less “nose dive”. Certainly can feel all the bumps on the road but like the way it looks and am confident it will be better for off-roading in some capacity

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I finally got my 5100s on. I used circle 4 each side. 4 wheel parts recommended that if I’m gonna do something like this that I mind as well get more ground clearance than not.. I’m very new to larger vehicles so I can’t really tell if there is less “nose dive”. Certainly can feel all the bumps on the road but like the way it looks and am confident it will be better for off-roading in some capacity
Just need to except that you will get more wear and tear on your CV's and rack! 4 Wheel Parts will recommend anything during a sale.

Sponsored
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just need to except that you will get more wear and tear on your CV's and rack! 4 Wheel Parts will recommend anything during a sale.
Still based on the several hours of research I’ve done it’s better for the vehicle than a traditional puck spacer lift with some upgraded control arms. I’ll take my chances. Ford literally has Easter eggs telling customers to lift these vehicles. They are meant to off-road and need the clearance to do so

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still based on the several hours of research I’ve done it’s better for the vehicle than a traditional puck spacer lift with some upgraded control arms. I’ll take my chances. Ford literally has Easter eggs telling customers to lift these vehicles. They are meant to off-road and need the clearance to do so
Oh it's definitely better than pucks! And yes everyone knows about the Easter eggs, but let's see what Ford says about the warranty work you want when you've torn up your CV's and or rack! Yes they are meant to off-road and need the clearance, but anytime you do large lifts you are messing with the geometry and there will be wear. Maybe you will be fine, with your lift, maybe not!
Sponsored