Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I‘m going to be that guy. What bumper is that?

lift looks good. Build looks good. CO 🔥
Fab fours stubby bumper, winch capable.
I put in there a Smittybilt X20 10k winch.

PXL_20220815_164432929.MP.jpg

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i'm tempted to get the bronco on 37s eventually. my JLUR is on 35s with the mopar 2 inch lift and occasionally there is just no "better line" and you have to SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH over the obstacle in the trail. Whereas the friends with 37s and 1 more inch of lift just drive over it. at least that's how it plays out in COLO.

my plan is to keep the bronco OEM through the 2023 wheeling season, see how much i get into the bottom, and then plan from there for winter 23 upgrades.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@armand0609 :love: Love that CO. Waiting forever for mine to get here (built - on hold), and thankful I made it in under the wire before CO goes away.

Just curious how the 6100s ride versus the 5100 based ESCV squatch shocks, and also do you know if this increases or decreases articulation at the higher perch?

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lite Brite Nation installed a set on their Bronco and did a very nice video showing the ins and outs of the installation. Here's a link:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did it purely for the ground clearance. Going from OEM Samsquatch tires to a true 37" is an extra ~1.25" ground clearance, which makes a very big difference when I'm aired down to 15 psi.

My comfort zone for off-road is about 8-8.5 so far in the Bronco, and I started hitting the limits of the stock Sasquatch Badlands.
That extra 1.25" ground clearance was measured from the bottom of the rear diff? Sorry, just trying to clarify/understand.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That extra 1.25" ground clearance was measured from the bottom of the rear diff? Sorry, just trying to clarify/understand.
Yep. Measured from about a dozen points underneath and averaged together. I focused more around the cross beams and lower control arm mounts for the rear, as those are actually the points that hit everything off road. I've never once hit the rear pumpkin, somehow.

Factory Sas tires are about 34" (some variance, but roughly 34.4") and I went to a true 37x that measures about 37.1" with air in it. My OEM tires were only about 34.2" according to the string test, so I netted just shy of 3" total tire diameter. Cut that in half and I gained about 1.4" ground clearance from switching tires.

Sponsored

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lite Brite Nation installed a set on their Bronco and did a very nice video showing the ins and outs of the installation. Here's a link:
So that dude in the video said the 6100s add just over an inch. Would a one inch spacer on top work well with these and still keep it within factory angles?

Also I cannot watch lite bite nation anymore since my bro found their only fans...seems so odd

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
i'm tempted to get the bronco on 37s eventually. my JLUR is on 35s with the mopar 2 inch lift and occasionally there is just no "better line" and you have to SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH over the obstacle in the trail. Whereas the friends with 37s and 1 more inch of lift just drive over it. at least that's how it plays out in COLO.

my plan is to keep the bronco OEM through the 2023 wheeling season, see how much i get into the bottom, and then plan from there for winter 23 upgrades.
Hey are you replacing the JLUR with the Bronco for recovery adventures on your YouTube or is the Power Wagon the sole recovery mule now? There’s a great company offering Bronco stuff in your neck of the woods: @RCI Offroad

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey are you replacing the JLUR with the Bronco for recovery adventures on your YouTube or is the Power Wagon the sole recovery mule now? There’s a great company offering Bronco stuff in your neck of the woods: @RCI Offroad
I will be trading in or selling the jeep. I have to have a truck, tow too much...

OP
OP
armand0609

armand0609

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@armand0609 :love: Love that CO. Waiting forever for mine to get here (built - on hold), and thankful I made it in under the wire before CO goes away.

Just curious how the 6100s ride versus the 5100 based ESCV squatch shocks, and also do you know if this increases or decreases articulation at the higher perch?
From driving it a bit more now, I think the best way to explain it is that you feel a bit more the smaller bumps (stiffer ride) but it soaks up better the big bumps.
From my comparison, the maximum extension is the same, so it will not give you more total articulation.
But since you are riding at a higher position of the strut in the highest perch, it has more travel before it hits the bump stop. So driving on the road, I think you do get a bit more usable travel in the highest perch, compared to stock.