Sponsored

Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback?

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do not see much on here regarding Radflo shocks. Has anyone had any experience with them? I see they make an extended travel front coil over with an extended length of 23.898 offering 2"-3" of lift. They also make a standard travel with an extended length of 23.35" offering 0-2" of lift. Sounds like this would be good for cv angle being they do not exceed 24 inches and have the ability to not add to much lift for those that want a upgraded shock with out 3 plus inches of lift. I like the King and Fox but if you have a Badlands and are looking to level the front sag from adding a winch and bumper they just add to much lift. Maybe Radflo could fill this gap? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank You
They are smaller, and flexible, you'll get to talk to a talented technician or engineer. Probably more old school then Icon, They are well regarded and i would or may work with them in the future. Met them at Overland West. Solid low key people. Never heard any complaints about them. They were also willing to match a spring to a shock, so you have a choice, which seems right up your alley.
Sponsored

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anybody running billet upper control arms with their Radflo's?

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got some miles on the 550 front springs, awesome! At the same pre-load (0 threads showing at the top) the front came down 0.8" compared to 650s that come with the shocks, then I added 3/8" preload back. Going to add a little more preload today and get an alignment tomorrow. We wheeled this weekend at Walker Valley, the overall setup (Ext Radflos, Icon UCA, Metal Cloak rear links/trackbar) just made everything easier, so smooth and the little bit of lift kept me from scraping compared to the other two Broncos with us. The suspension absolutely ate up every bump, dip, and pothole on the road, I didn't know it was possible to get a better offroad ride than SAS.

Since mine came with 18" springs, I figured why 16" and stuck with 18". The reason for 16": You don't need a massive spring compressor AND the pre-load adjuster won't be right under the reservoir fittings. Stick with 16" springs!! I had to grind the hell out of my adjuster to fit under the fittings. It's easy for the shock part number: Length, I.D, and Rate.

Forgot to mention that I found the Broncbuster Braces were hitting the driver spring but not the passenger spring. Since I added the RC steering rack bushings I didn't want to toss the braces so I decided to grind down the back of the brace a bit and now it clears.

On the rear, the springs were just fine. Installing the rear resi bracket per instructions I had to bend the bracket over the top of the frame to clear the tires. My 35x12.5's were hitting the resi in the garage on the jack. If bending them over the frame didn't work I was going to find a new spot in front of the shock.

I'll send this feedback to Radflo, this was a lot of work but now that it's done I'm happy. So: 1. check with your dealer that the front springs are 16" and not 18". 2. Look into 550s or anything less than 650s for the front. 3. So far I'm the only one to complain about rear resi clearance so keep an eye on it before you hit the trails.

Good luck!

Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? IMG_8541 edit

The legit rental tool from Autozone, the cheap compressor will not work!

Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? IMG_8520
Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? IMG_8537
Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? 1686688245502
Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? IMG_8513
Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? IMG_8514

Ready to put it back together! Last shock took 1 hour start to finish to swap out the spring.
Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? IMG_8528

Rear before:
Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? IMG_8161

After - I have moved it back more but don't have a current picture.
Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? IMG_8169
Sponsored