First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rides better, sits a little bit higher and less rake than the Bilsteins. My HOSS 3.0 Fox are from a 4 door Wildtrak, not sure if it had the towing package.

Notes:

Just measuring from my garage floor to the flares I had almost 2 inches of rake before. Now it's about it's a little less than 1.25". I didn't really do any other before and after measurements but gained enough in the front to need an alignment.

The ride is more plush than before. I'm not feeling all of those jittery bumps that I did before with the Bilsteins. I need more seat time though to really give a better review of them since I just took it for a quick ride after finishing the install today. I could immediately feel the extra height in the front, which is what I wanted. I just did the coil-overs, not the steering rack.

Front axle retaining nut socket size: 35mm
Rear lower shock mount nut socket size: 30mm
Rear lower shock mount bolt head socket size: 27mm

The rear lower shock bolt 27mm socket fit a little loose, but was all I had in the size range, but wasn't an issue since I torqued the nut side anyway. Didn't even need to hold the bolt head since I torqued them with full weight of the Bronco, jackstands under the rear axle.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Fox shocks installed on Bronco Badlands Non-Sasquatch (photos, impressions, details) 1000006014
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Fox shocks installed on Bronco Badlands Non-Sasquatch (photos, impressions, details) 1000006020
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Fox shocks installed on Bronco Badlands Non-Sasquatch (photos, impressions, details) 1000006017
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Fox shocks installed on Bronco Badlands Non-Sasquatch (photos, impressions, details) 1000006018
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.7? How much higher is it sitting? I know on paper the Sas suspension is supposed to net you 1/2 inch over a non-sas Badlands. With the extra weight of the Badlands, I figured it would less than that half inch.

feeble

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1977 Cobra II Monroe Handler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You going to do the rack too?

OP
OP
APmech

APmech

Badlands
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just measuring from my garage floor to the flares I had almost 2 inches of rake before. Now it's about it's a little less than 1.25". I didn't really do any other before and after measurements but gained enough in the front to need an alignment.

Sponsored
OP
OP
APmech

APmech

Badlands
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ride is more plush than before. I'm not feeling all of those jittery bumps that I did before with the Bilsteins. I need more seat time though to really give a better review of them since I just took it for a quick ride after finishing the install today. I could immediately feel the extra height in the front, which is what I wanted. I just did the coil-overs, not the steering rack.

OP
OP
APmech

APmech

Badlands
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For some reason I couldn't find this info for my 23 Badlands, but now that I have it I'll share:

Front axle retaining nut socket size: 35mm
Rear lower shock mount nut socket size: 30mm
Rear lower shock mount bolt head socket size: 27mm

The rear lower shock bolt 27mm socket fit a little loose, but was all I had in the size range, but wasn't an issue since I torqued the nut side anyway. Didn't even need to hold the bolt head since I torqued them with full weight of the Bronco, jackstands under the rear axle.

Reactions: LCW

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you select the specific shocks/springs based on the 4-door, 2.7, tow pkg or not? I think there are several different flavors.

OP
OP
APmech

APmech

Badlands
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you select the specific shocks/springs based on the 4-door, 2.7, tow pkg or not? I think there are several different flavors.
Mine are from a 4 door Wildtrak, not sure if it had the towing package.

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know it is not an apple to apples comparison, but on my F-150 I had Fox 2.0 coilovers, and that was much nicer than the factory FX-4 shocks. My 22 Wildtrak is much nicer/smoother in comparison to that on the F-150. Really noticed the difference on the dirt road with a bunch of washboards from all the rain when we went to the OHV park in Bridgeport.

First thing my wife said, wow, this drives so much smoother on these dirt roads!

Sponsored

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Damn, I promised my Bride the Heritage has Everything I wanted so no mods, but now this….😆

ajbower

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did the same thing to the big bend I am driving. The ride is much better. I haven't been off road yet so waiting to see how that goes. I got the hoss suspension from a wildtrak 2.7. Mine is a big bend 2.3L both were 4 doors. The big bend doesn't have the squatch pkg. No issues on install. Everything went smooth. It sits just a bit higher and drives like a dream.

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish I had gone with the Fox on my 2 Door Badlands. The 6112 Bilstein's are not much better than the stock shocks. Looking for that "plush" ride off road.

OP
OP
APmech

APmech

Badlands
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish I had gone with the Fox on my 2 Door Badlands. The 6112 Bilstein's are not much better than the stock shocks. Looking for that "plush" ride off road.
I was originally shopping for a set of Wildtrak takeoffs but had no luck. I was worried that the 6100s would be too firm, but decided to go for it and ordered a set from Stage3. After a week of my order remaining in the "processing" stage, I canceled. What happened to the good old days when "in stock" meant in stock? Anyway, I finally found the Fox coil-overs and am happy so far. I probably would have been ok with the 6100s because they are height adjustable. The ride from my original Bilsteins wasn't too bad anyway.

Utah Todd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BroncoBadlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If these Fox shocks came off from a Wildtrack wouldn't they be HOSS 2.0's? I thought the 3.0's were the ones on the Raptor's?

Great information though thank you. I also found some Fox shocks off from a Wildtrack. Just haven't changed them out yet on my 23' 2 door Badlands.
Sponsored