First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If these Fox shocks came off from a Wildtrack wouldn't they be HOSS 2.0's? I thought the 3.0's were the ones on the Raptor's?

Great information though thank you. I also found some Fox shocks off from a Wildtrack. Just haven't changed them out yet on my 23' 2 door Badlands.
22 Wildtrak was HOSS 2.0 but had a 3.0 option for around $2500. 23 and up Wildtraks come with the HOSS 3.0 as standard equipment. Raptor is HOSS 4.0.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are those HOSS 3.0 shocks available as an upgrade kit or only as takeoffs from a Wildtrak customer?

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did this same swap about a month ago on my 2 door badlands with the 7speed, just swapped the coilovers from a 4 door wildtrak. Made a huge difference! I had a leveling kit installed with the bilstein shocks, but did not install one with the fox shocks. Rides significantly better now, especially at higher speeds, but I think I very slightly preferred the Bilsteins at speeds under like 25mph. Overall very impressed with the shocks, and glad I went with fox over anything else out there to be able to run 35" tires

OP
OP
APmech

APmech

Badlands
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are those HOSS 3.0 shocks available as an upgrade kit or only as takeoffs from a Wildtrak customer?
Only as takeoffs. You could order all of the parts from Ford and build them up, but would probably cost way too much.

Just Rob Please

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blueberry F150, Jaguar XK-R Dynamic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Coming from an FX4 F-150 that was leveled, I have nothing but good things to say about my HOSS 3.0 setup on the Wildtrak. I'm glad some of you are getting the upgrade. One the trails, the machine is very comfortable if you're winding around hills, rocks, uneven terrain - even with full air in the tires. My son was complimenting the suspension a few weeks ago when we were navigating some trails - saying that it rides like a Cadillac. His Cherokee will bang you around until you ache all over. Pretty sure his 6" lift adds a lot to that experience! LOL!

Sponsored

kw_rc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone want the Fox take-offs from my '23 Wildtrak (~2,500 miles)? HMU if interested. I'm in the San Antonio, TX area.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You really notice this over high speed stuff, it’s plush even at low speeds but washboards and stuff like train tracks my WT just floats over it. That’s where I struggle now wanting a little bit of a lift but don’t want to compromise the ride.

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How hard was the install of the fox shocks?

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice write-up, thanks for sharing. I have a 4" BDS lift and wanted to change out my HOSS 2.0 Bilstein's and was thinking of doing what you did or going to the Stage 2 Eibach system. I am just a little confused on my setup if I can run that Stage 2 since I am already lifted (but a taller spring/shock I would think would be better to complement my set up). Like all, I am worried about doing something too drastic and hurting my current ride quality. 4x4's are meant to be 4x4's but in today's technology they don't all have to ride like a cement mixer.

Anyone with some more knowledge? I've hit up a few vendors and haven't heard back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
APmech

APmech

Badlands
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How hard was the install of the fox shocks?
I wouldn't recommend doing it if you don't have much experience. I watched lots of videos and read everything I could find about in online before hand. I thought I had all of the tooling but didn't. Had to run to Harbor Freight and Auto Zone for a few tools. If I remember right, you'll need wrenches and sockets sized 15mm (ratchet wrench and semi deep well socket for the upper coil-over mount nuts), 18mm, 21mm, 27mm, 30mm, 35mm. Not to mention smaller metric sockets for taking off the wheel sensors, and brake line bracket. Have a small strap or bungee to secure the brake assy to the aft crash bar. I used a small sledge hammer to pop the upper ball joint and tie rod off, by hitting the knuckles. I think it was a 6mm allen to hold the anti-swaybar link while taking the nut off. I recommend buying a new set of axle retaining nuts (P/N KB3Z-3B477-A) so you don't have to worry about destroying the old ones pounding out the axles. My neighbor helped me pry down on the fwd lower control arms to pop out the old coil-overs and install the new. I used a 1/2 drive breaker bar with a cheater pipe to break the rear lower shock mount nuts (30mm socket) loose. It took some manpower (all of it, lol) to do it for sure. Have some spare plastic fasteners for the rear wheel well liners too. I had a few that didn't want to come out, so I just cut them off and replaced them with some from a universal kit that I have. I used torque wenches on everything except the rear lower shock mount nuts. Just like taking them off, I just used all of my strength to tighten them back up. I have a 1/2 drive impact gun which made the entire install job easier. Don't forget to buy some Loctite for the brake mount bolts. I did the fronts on a Saturday, then finished the rears on Sunday.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is my understanding with these type of shocks “bump stops” are installed to prevent damage from the larger tires equipped on the Wildtrack and Sasquatch package.

If so, you sacrifice “articulation”.

Can someone confirm?

denneyt

Black Diamond
First Name
tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rides better, sits a little bit higher and less rake than the Bilsteins. My HOSS 3.0 Fox are from a 4 door Wildtrak, not sure if it had the towing package.

Notes:

Just measuring from my garage floor to the flares I had almost 2 inches of rake before. Now it's about it's a little less than 1.25". I didn't really do any other before and after measurements but gained enough in the front to need an alignment.

The ride is more plush than before. I'm not feeling all of those jittery bumps that I did before with the Bilsteins. I need more seat time though to really give a better review of them since I just took it for a quick ride after finishing the install today. I could immediately feel the extra height in the front, which is what I wanted. I just did the coil-overs, not the steering rack.

Front axle retaining nut socket size: 35mm
Rear lower shock mount nut socket size: 30mm
Rear lower shock mount bolt head socket size: 27mm

The rear lower shock bolt 27mm socket fit a little loose, but was all I had in the size range, but wasn't an issue since I torqued the nut side anyway. Didn't even need to hold the bolt head since I torqued them with full weight of the Bronco, jackstands under the rear axle.

1000006014.jpg
1000006020.jpg
1000006017.jpg
1000006018.jpg
got my black diamond sas on order and would much prefer the softer ride of the wildtrack just didn't want the v6 auto or leather interior. might have to do this

Utah Todd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BroncoBadlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apmech
Thank you great info!

22 Wildtrak was HOSS 2.0 but had a 3.0 option for around $2500. 23 and up Wildtraks come with the HOSS 3.0 as standard equipment. Raptor is HOSS 4.0.
Yes, the ones I got came off a 23 Wildtrack so I guess they are the 3.0's then. Glad I asked.

IMG20231130215459.jpg

BroncoEnvy

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr, 2006 F250 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did this same swap about a month ago on my 2 door badlands with the 7speed, just swapped the coilovers from a 4 door wildtrak. Made a huge difference! I had a leveling kit installed with the bilstein shocks, but did not install one with the fox shocks. Rides significantly better now, especially at higher speeds, but I think I very slightly preferred the Bilsteins at speeds under like 25mph. Overall very impressed with the shocks, and glad I went with fox over anything else out there to be able to run 35" tires
Got any pics showing the ride height with these installed? 👀