Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anybody else notice when compared to other Ford vehicles, the Satelite Radio seems to lose signal REALLY easily?

I've got a Raptor also and that thing is pretty solid. Unless i'm at a stop light under a raised highway, I don't lose my signal. However all week I've noticed while driving under 2 lane roads above, I lose my signal. We're not talking tunnels here, your regular overhead 2 lane road and WHAM it loses signal right away.

Anybody else experiencing this issue? I can restart and pause live satelite radio but it doesn't buffer for when I drive under a bridge/road for 1/2 a second???
Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anybody else notice when compared to other Ford vehicles, the Satelite Radio seems to lose signal REALLY easily?

I've got a Raptor also and that thing is pretty solid. Unless i'm at a stop light under a raised highway, I don't lose my signal. However all week I've noticed while driving under 2 lane roads above, I lose my signal. We're not talking tunnels here, your regular overhead 2 lane road and WHAM it loses signal right away.

Anybody else experiencing this issue? I can restart and pause live satelite radio but it doesn't buffer for when I drive under a bridge/road for 1/2 a second???

Where is the antenna? Can you confirm? IIRC from seeing photos, it’s on the top-side of the roll bar but under the top? I would expect the signal to be degraded in this position. I dont have my Bronco yet but I am a longtime SXM customer and will be transferring my sub over when it arrives.

edit: is this the sat radio antenna?

A761AE18-5939-4407-99C4-0B09ECB7E06E.jpeg

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where is the antenna? Can you confirm? IIRC from seeing photos, it’s on the top-side of the roll bar but under the top? I would expect the signal to be degraded in this position. I dont have my Bronco yet but I am a longtime SXM customer and will be transferring my sub over when it arrives.

Ford Bronco Satelite Radio - Bad Signals? A761AE18-5939-4407-99C4-0B09ECB7E06E
*GASP* i think you just solved the problem! If that is in fact where it is, I've been driving around with the top down religiously so YEAH. That's now 2 layers it's trying to go through I bet!

*runs outside to actually check this theory*

I'll report back momentarily sir

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Satelite Radio - Bad Signals? A761AE18-5939-4407-99C4-0B09ECB7E06E
YUP! That's where it is. That's definitely the issue. Thanks for solving it!

You'd think Ford would have put more thought into this. People are going to drive with the tops down and they chose THAT spot? When you fold the top down, it sits right on top of that spot, so you're actually going through basically 3 layers now with how it folds up.

Ford Bronco Satelite Radio - Bad Signals? 1633484880178

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

YUP! That's where it is. That's definitely the issue. Thanks for solving it!

You'd think Ford would have put more thought into this. People are going to drive with the tops down and they chose THAT spot? When you fold the top down, it sits right on top of that spot, so you're actually going through basically 3 layers now with how it folds up.

Ford Bronco Satelite Radio - Bad Signals? 1633484880178
Seems like a bad spot to put it but trying to think where else it could go. On other convertibles, there is a trunk lid to put the antenna on. I wonder where Jeep puts them?

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seems like a bad spot to put it but trying to think where else it could go. On other convertibles, there is a trunk lid to put the antenna on. I wonder where Jeep puts them?
Jeeps have radios? I thought they were too busy fixing leaky transmissions to worry about radios :)

I wonder why they didn't put it on the front dash then... lot of room there to stick a little hockey puck.

Biltwild

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Titan Pro-4x , 2021 Ford Bronco 4Dr BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jeeps have radios? I thought they were too busy fixing leaky transmissions to worry about radios :)

I wonder why they didn't put it on the front dash then... lot of room there to stick a little hockey puck.
Seriously! It’s even worse with the hard top. Might be going back to FM....

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The issue with that is the angle of the windshield. The antenna can’t be placed in a way where the vehicle body wouldn’t block the signal at times since there isnt much rake to the glass. The satellites arent always directly overhead. I bet they picked the lesser of the evils when they decided on final placement. I was wondering about this and when someone would post about potential signal issues Ever since I saw where they put it.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like Jeep puts theirs on the center crossbar so its moved forward from any soft top blockage.

CEA5646C-0BC2-447E-9526-0B68809B8D91.jpeg

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

mine cuts out just driving on open highway,I have a hardtop so it's not limited to the soft top folded,I read a while back a service message about this i'll have to search it up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

mine cuts out just driving on open highway,I have a hardtop so it's not limited to the soft top folded,I read a while back a service message about this i'll have to search it up.
Do you work at Ford? If so can I PM you and pick your brain on a different subject

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SSM 50084 - 2021 Bronco – 5 Door Hard Top Models – Poor Sirius XM Satellite Radio ReceptionAnd/Or Signal Loss In Rural Areas
Some 2021 Bronco 5 door models equipped with a hard top roof configuration may exhibit poor Sirius XM satellite radio reception and or signal loss in rural areas with dense foliage, tall buildings, or other similar obstructions. No additional diagnosis or service is required for this condition at this time. Inform customers that they can continue to drive the vehicle and engineering is currently working on a solution to improve this condition that is expected to be availablefor service in January 2022. In addition, if the vehicle is equipped with the optional factory roof rails and crossbars this may further degrade the reception.Removing the roof rails and crossbars may improve reception performance. Monitor OASIS for additional information and schedule a service appointment with the customer once the repair becomes available.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2021 TRUCK: G1 U725N BRONCO

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SSM 50084 - 2021 Bronco – 5 Door Hard Top Models – Poor Sirius XM Satellite Radio ReceptionAnd/Or Signal Loss In Rural Areas
Some 2021 Bronco 5 door models equipped with a hard top roof configuration may exhibit poor Sirius XM satellite radio reception and or signal loss in rural areas with dense foliage, tall buildings, or other similar obstructions. No additional diagnosis or service is required for this condition at this time. Inform customers that they can continue to drive the vehicle and engineering is currently working on a solution to improve this condition that is expected to be availablefor service in January 2022. In addition, if the vehicle is equipped with the optional factory roof rails and crossbars this may further degrade the reception.Removing the roof rails and crossbars may improve reception performance. Monitor OASIS for additional information and schedule a service appointment with the customer once the repair becomes available.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2021 TRUCK: G1 U725N BRONCO
Things like this are what we should expect. It's the very first year of a completely new style vehicle. I mean if all we have to complain about is poor satellite we're in business right!

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just an FYI in my C6 and C7 corvette the receiver is under the right front fender which is fiberglass. I highly doubt the top is doing it. I would almost bet it’s a software issue or antenna connection issue.

A761AE18-5939-4407-99C4-0B09ECB7E06E.jpeg

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My JLU has “iffy” reception compared to the Volvo XC90 I had before. Attribute it to the antenna being under the fiberglass roof. Expected same of Bronco, so I’m curious how they are addressing it.
Sponsored