Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I have two reservations one on the sport and one on my Badlands or whatever I get ,we test drove the Badlands sport 2 weeks ago she said it drove like my F-150 as far as power goes that 2 liter is lot more powerful then expected, consideration that she drives Honda CRV now, but the drawback to the sport is the very low towing capacity in the same class is other model vehicles that are out there. But all in all it drove pretty nice, it felt good ,it look good, and most importantly it fit in my garage ,but she decided to go something else.

19251.jpeg

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve read a lot of comments referring the 4 door bronco to the flex and now this one on the sport and nope not seeing the correlation, not
Even close... they look nothing alike...
To each their own.
I kept hearing people say the Flex looks like a knockoff Range Rover. Like, have none of you seen an Explorer? That's way closer of a body shape. The only thing the Flex copies is the lettering on the hood, which the Explorer also did.

I love my Flex. Fight me, internet.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't think it was really meant to be stacked against the Cherokee, though? I thought it was (realistically) more of a Rav4/CRV competitor, and then if you want to go to more offroad comparisons Renegade/Compass.

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demo: 21 Bronco BL (2dr 2.3 MT) Toy: 04 TJ Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To the contrary, they wouldn’t have stopped making her in the first place ?
Riiiiiight. Because Toyota still make the vehicle you use as your avatar (FJ Cruiser) and have steadily improved it? Nissan still soldiering on and improving the XTerra?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The two door Bronco is similar in size to the Bronco sport, so you thinking it’s small is somewhat alarming.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

None of us are here for the Sport, right? We all want the big one, so let's just focus on the big one.

I wonder what the Bronco faithful said when the Bronco II came out. Didn't seem to be what hurt the FSB's sales back in the day.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I too saw one yesterday and was blown away at how good it looked. I have a Black Diamond reserved but the Sport is a good looking little truck for the money.

The Cherokee (not grand) has a squinty face only a mother could love.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

None of us are here for the Sport, right? We all want the big one, so let's just focus on the big one.

I wonder what the Bronco faithful said when the Bronco II came out. Didn't seem to be what hurt the FSB's sales back in the day.
When the Bronco 2 came out I owned a 69 Bronco half cab at the time. One look at that I'm like no thanks!

I don't understand why but Ford doesn't seem to value the name Bronco. Look if they want to make a Bronco sport that's great but they should have giving it a completely different name and left Bronco out of it. instead they just start making different vehicles and badging it with the name Bronco, seems to devalue it.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Saw one today. It is a great little car. Doug D scored just below the wrangler but ABOVE the 4Runner! I haven't test drove one, but I definitely like what I saw.

My son said if he were in the market for a DD he would buy one... except he would remove the "Sport" from the back and add a "II" after it. He is adamant that Ford's only two mistakes is the notsogreat gas mileage, and it should have been called "BRONCO II".

When I finish paying off my big Bronco, I definitely will test drive a Sport to consider it to replace my daily driver.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well it’s not a real bronco. It looks all right in pictures but it’s nothing I ever want. It’s under powered I don’t have a man bun and my flannel shirts are worn, wrinkled and have grease and oil stains, I’m not really the demographic for any crossover.
Maybe my bar is lower, but I don't see how the 2.0L sport could be much underpowered when it has 250 hp. I have '98 Expedition, 5.4L, that is 235 hp. That was the big engine in the Expedition and the F-150. I'll likely opt for the 2.7L in my Bronco but only because I want it, not because I really think I need it.
Sponsored