Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To all in the buying and selling market for parts off of the new Bronco need to be diligent in your dealings with buyers and sellers. My trust in people just hit zero after my experience. I was scammed out of $3k for 5 takeoff 17" beadlocks and 35" tires. Was given the contact by a forum member out of Chicago. The seller was supposed to have Sasquatch takeoffs in southern Illinois. Wanted me to use Zelle for the money transfer. Should have known something was wrong there since there is no buyer protection like on PayPal. They went radio silent last week when I sent the last of the money and was waiting on tracking information. They are using a phone with a Maryland area code and a poor old ladies address in Carlyle, IL. Be diligent and don't lose money like me. Lesson learned. If I could find them, there would be a beating unseen in the world today.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am surprized that Zelle doesn't have protection. My BIL is a VP for Regions bank, and he told me 99% of all banks use Zelle to transfer money. He uses it everyday, it's the only money transfer app he uses. I hate to hear you got F'ed, I hope the SOB gets hit by a truck while crossing the street.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was given the contact by a forum member out of Chicago.

Who was this?

Was he new or had a ton of post?

Is he part of the scam?

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for sharing, sorry you got scammed! I didn't know Zelle didn't offer protection, I've rarely used it and it was only with friends.

Edit: That is a specific scam, someone is lurking on here with bad intent.

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was given the contact by a forum member out of Chicago.

Who was this?

Was he new or had a ton of post?

Is he part of the scam?
It was jasmine123. Joined 29 July 2021. No messages, no reaction score. Never paid attention. They were in on it.

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$3K might be enough to get the local police interested.
I have Carlyle, IL and El Paso County, Colorado involved. These people better find a big rock to hide under because the law is coming.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, one more thing that can be your friend on these types of things - Google reverse image lookup to evaluate if the picture they send is indeed authentic. Same thing happened to me on a kiteboarding forum, although that was only $350.

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so sorry this happened, man... absolutely sucks, especially for that much money. People are shady - my wife's car (2017 Infinit Q60) was stolen last week (with her wallet and iPhone in the trunk) - it's such an infuriating experience, and totally undermines your faith in humanity. I hope the Police are able to help - but my previous experience in e-commerce Loss Prevention tells me that it may be very difficult to track down who was behind it.. .I hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sucks. As soon as I get my Bronco I will be selling my SAS rims and tires. I'm an early morning 2nd day reservation holder that won't switch to a soft top so I am thinking spring time. If you are still in the market then I will sell them to you dirt cheap. Only problem is I am in NJ

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry. How were you planning on getting them? Were they going to be shipped? Usually any purchase that large and valuable I would have to pick up in person. Like you said lesson learned and at the end of the day it's just things. Much more important things in life.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To all in the buying and selling market for parts off of the new Bronco need to be diligent in your dealings with buyers and sellers. My trust in people just hit zero after my experience. I was scammed out of $3k for 5 takeoff 17" beadlocks and 35" tires. Was given the contact by a forum member out of Chicago. The seller was supposed to have Sasquatch takeoffs in southern Illinois. Wanted me to use Zelle for the money transfer. Should have known something was wrong there since there is no buyer protection like on PayPal. They went radio silent last week when I sent the last of the money and was waiting on tracking information. They are using a phone with a Maryland area code and a poor old ladies address in Carlyle, IL. Be diligent and don't lose money like me. Lesson learned. If I could find them, there would be a beating unseen in the world today.
I’ve only done face-to-face and always taken a friend and my little friend Mr. 45. I hope the people that run this forum are of some help to you good luck and I hope for your sake you don’t ever see these people in person. I know what I would do and I know I would have to pay a heavy price for that. good luck.

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve only done face-to-face and always taken a friend and my little friend Mr. 45. I hope the people that run this forum are of some help to you good luck and I hope for your sake you don’t ever see these people in person. I know what I would do and I know I would have to pay a heavy price for that. good luck.
I would rather be judged by 12 and not carried by six.
Sponsored