First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's just a tip from a long time LEO. If you are going to enter into an online purchase with an unknown source then you must protect yourself. Only ever offer to pay someone you don't know with PayPal GOODS AND SERVICES. Their purchase protection will refund you if you get scammed. Yes the seller has to pay an additional 3% that they may try to offset onto you but its the only way you can get any insurance with an online transaction. NEVER pay through Zelle!

Your'e welcome.
Exactly, Zelle is best for G19-switches, solvent traps, and other federal honey pots.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First thing that came to mind was Aaron Lawless when I was on silencer talk about 11 years ago.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It would only be more scammy if they asked for the money in gift cards...
Or that they would send them a check for twice as much, they just send half back. or something like that :)
This was the comment I was looking for. OP, ask if you can pay in Applebees gift cards.

OP
OP

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's just a tip from a long time LEO. If you are going to enter into an online purchase with an unknown source then you must protect yourself. Only ever offer to pay someone you don't know with PayPal GOODS AND SERVICES. Their purchase protection will refund you if you get scammed. Yes the seller has to pay an additional 3% that they may try to offset onto you but its the only way you can get any insurance with an online transaction. NEVER pay through Zelle!

Your'e welcome.
Great info. Thanks

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds fishy (phishy?), because why would a seller you don't know selectively or even randomly target "just you" in a post? What is it about you that they would know, causing them to think you are a prime buyer for this bumper?? Most everyone who wants to sell something makes a general post for everyone to see and respond to. My view is that they are trying to ping forum members individually hoping to find trusting/unsuspecting individuals who are actually willing to send $300 "up front". I would run for the hills . . .
To be fair, I cold messaged another member because he had posted a WTB thread, and I had what he wanted. We didn’t agree on anything, but it was still a cold message. So if the OP has posted a WTB thread there is a valid reason.

But I do get that it seems sketchy AF and you should always vigilant with your money.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tell him you’ll send the full payment after it arrives.
It will never arrive........ OP will be out $300. Now, if he is willing to gamble $300........Vegas was built on that shit.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This sound sketchy. I got a message from a brand new member with no post history or likes that has a modular bumper for me. He is asking $550 shipping included. This sound like a scam? He asked for $300 up front and the balance at delivery. Any suggestions for a secure sale? Or just walk away?
ALWAYS deal will local people .... this is a scam for sure

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This reminds me of the time Ford said I could order a Bronco and get it in a timely manner. We know how that turned out.

Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I predict 4 pages

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It might be a scam or might not be. Venmo me $100 to investigate and I will let you know for sure. :)

Last edited:

tacloader

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Jeep Wrangler, Toyota FJ, Benz SLK320,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask him where he's located, tell him you are in his neighborhood and will drive over and buy it in person. "Crickets" if it's a scam, most likely it is.

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Could be a scam, but ask for photos with the username on a piece of paper in a few of them. If it all checks out, then go about whatever payment you prefer that allows a chargeback if shit hits the fan.

OP
OP

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds too good to be true. He's looking at probably around $200 in shipping for that so $550 all in seems way too low.

Did you have a WTB post out there or did this member just randomly message you to buy his bumper? If random, do not engage lol. If you had a post out there and are actually looking to buy one, it could potentially be legit, but without it being an established member in and the price being so good, I would be very skeptical. Someone else mentioned an escrow. That's definitely the way to go if you want to buy it
Sponsored