Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a tech. The filter element in euro cars usually collapses by 15-20k so I’m really curious how you all aren’t taking out more bearings and cam adjusters. Even if the oil can, the filter can not, judging from what I take out of cars.
You are absolutely correct. Even if the oil is good for 25K, which would be the max for a high quality passenger car oil, the filter will be past it’s service life.
Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did 3000 miles. My mechanic, who is a eco-boost proponent, told me it is unnecessary to do it earlier with these engines. There are some old men's tales going on in this forum, I think.
This old man likes to sample his oil from any new motor at around 1K to get a baseline and to see what is going on inside the motor. Wear metals are typically high at first then should taper off with each subsequent change and sample. Best leave the mechanics to us old men dear.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I beat the shit out of my KTM 1190 for 6-8k miles a season, KTM recommends a 9600 mile interval 🤷🏻‍♂️ after working at Donaldson and closely with lubtech over the last 4 years I've determined 3000 mile changes are a thing of the past and "break-in" oil isn't a thing.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This old man likes to sample his oil from any new motor at around 1K to get a baseline and to see what is going on inside the motor. Wear metals are typically high at first then should taper off with each subsequent change and sample. Best leave the mechanics to us old men dear.
Ok Boomer 🙄

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t have to stick my head up a cows butt to know if a steak is good, I’ll trust my butcher. I’m going to go out on a limb and trust the engineers at Ford about oil change frequency.

Worrying about this stuff being a problem before it’s a problem is really stressful, isn’t it? If a problem arises I’ll deal with it then. I’ll still take care of it, but I won’t worry about what might happen maybe someday perhaps in the future. I’ll follow the instructions, take care of things, and trust the process.
That’s quite the analogy. I really don’t care if you never change your oil. A member asked for advice and I gave him my opinion based on what I have learned from taking care of my vehicles and being a synthetic oil dealer for many, many years. Enjoy your steak.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I guess I'll stop driving and let the men folk sit up front. Thanks ever so much for putting me back into a woman's place. I had forgotten this was 1919.

Ford Bronco Scheduling 1500 Mile Oil Change Today, Dealer Said Let It Ride Til 7500 Miles 1638485382883

I don’t have to stick my head up a cows butt to know if a steak is good, I’ll trust my butcher. I’m going to go out on a limb and trust the engineers at Ford about oil change frequency.

Worrying about this stuff being a problem before it’s a problem is really stressful, isn’t it? If a problem arises I’ll deal with it then. I’ll still take care of it, but I won’t worry about what might happen maybe someday perhaps in the future. I’ll follow the instructions, take care of things, and trust the process.
As a cattle rancher, I would agree with you, but then wonder why you think that is the way to determine the possible quality of a carcass. :LOL:

Last edited:

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its amazing how different us Euros handle the oil change interval, compared to you.

New vehicles here get 40-50K Km ( 25-30K Miles) with the first oil. And do all are engines fall apart? Def. not.

A lot has changed in the oil und engine Industrie, the manufacturing tolerances are like zero, so absolutely no need for a early oil change.

Here you have to wait 4-6 weeks to get an appointment for an oil change - you folks have drive-through places. Funny world - with cool cars :)

haha I love this. Most every car I have owned was/is German. I've never 'broken in' a motor. I just hop in it and go. First service interval for me is 10k miles so that's what I go by. Never had an issue.

The Bronco is getting the same treatment. I had it off road on day 3 of ownership. I'll do the first interval at 7500 miles or whatever they recommend... I might do it after 1 year since that's what I'll hit before 7500 miles.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. I guess I'll stop driving and let the men folk sit up front. Thanks ever so much for putting me back into a woman's place. I had forgotten this was 1919.

Ford Bronco Scheduling 1500 Mile Oil Change Today, Dealer Said Let It Ride Til 7500 Miles 1638485382883

As a cattle rancher, I would agree with you, but then wonder why you think that is the way to determine the possible quality of a carcass. :LOL:
You’re a cattle rancher that doesn’t change her own oil? I guess times have changed. Like back in the day when old men were valued for their experience and knowledge. Now they just tell tall tales.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re a cattle rancher that doesn’t change her own oil? I guess times have changed. Like back in the day when old men were valued for their experience and knowledge. Now they just tell tall tales.
Your sentence should say "who doesn't." Use the word who when referring to a person. "That" is reserved for objects. Unless that is what you intended, which is entirely possible based on your tone.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your sentence should say "who doesn't." Use the word who when referring to a person. "That" is reserved for objects. Unless that is what you intended, which is entirely possible based on your tone.
I also used the word her, which would refer to a person, but thanks for the English lesson anyway. How’s my punctuation?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also used the word her, which would refer to a person, but thanks for the English lesson anyway. How’s my punctuation?
You are welcome. I gave you one free correction. I charge for editing.

OP
OP
Roll Sound

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And so by the way, my dealer quoted me $89 for synth blend plus tax, and $99 for full synth plus tax, both with filters. What are your dealers charging you? Curious to see the differences. Now this could be interesting...

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oil changes are cheap & quick compared to a new engine. Just change it, i will do mine at 1500, and again at 3k, and every 3k after that. I had 951k on the original engine of my 98 F150, and have 155k on my 06 F150 as of tonight.

Screenshot_20190830-143037_Photos.jpg
Sponsored