Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Bronco Friends, I have what I think is a simple question. I have an early built 2022 Black Diamond 2.3 liter engine 2-door. I have had my Bronco a little less than 12 months and have only driven it about 1,600 miles (it is a second vehicle and I am retired). Yesterday, the change oil soon light came on. That surprised me with such low mileage. Any advice? I am wondering if the computer analysis tells you to change the oil at 1 year regardless of mileage. Thank you, Debbie
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over time there are a few factors that cause oils to break down, even without much use while in a crank case. Oxidation and Condensation are a couple notable ones. Moisture and oxygen degrade the oil, making it less viscous and removes its lubrication properties. The water content can accelerate rusting within the engine.

I think your pony is begging to be ridden a few more miles per year 😜

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I changed mine at 4k last May, the oil life indicator is on track to be due in May again at about 10k. I'm thinking time (one year) is baked in to the indicator and probably a good idea.

OP
OP
DebbieEF

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Over time there are a few factors that cause oils to break down, even without much use while in a crank case. Oxidation and Condensation are a couple notable ones. Moisture and oxygen degrade the oil, making it less viscous and removes its lubrication properties. The water content can accelerate rusting within the engine.

I think your pony is begging to be ridden a few more miles per year 😜
I agree, Colby! And I have 5 real ponies at home. They take a lot of my time. Thank you for the comments and advice - much appreciated!
Sponsored