Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2023 MT, SAS, Badlands with 5k miles and the transmission went out pulling out of my driveway. Dealer says they have to replace transmission and transfer case. Won’t tell me why it failed but put me in a 2020 ecosport from enterprise that smells like a dirty sock with burn holes in the seats for the next two weeks. Ford says they don’t care that I waited 19 months for my order or that I paid 60k. Family was suppose to be taking a trip to warmer weather this weekend but can’t even fit in the damn car.
Damn that sucks, at least I got mine out to the wild before it failed, for better or worse. Since yours is manual do you not have the advanced 4x4?

side note, since the rental already smells like a dirty sock just fart all over it to really stick it to the man
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to hear this happened again. I'm reaching for straws, but do you think that snow/ice is accumulating against the transfer case and the skid plate causing abnormal temperature variances? I have no idea. Hope you get fixed up soon. Push for the extension on the warranty.
I did have this thought but it wasn’t cold enough to cause that, at least I don’t think. Also, I’m pretty sure the bash plays cover the transfer case? Am I wrong?

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

20k miles at the first failure, just reached 37k miles at the second. I have asked them to change the diff fluid and they brushed me off, said it wasn’t due yet. I’d change it myself if I was at all mechanically inclined……I am not
I would like you to go through this post.. Bottom line is especially front differential and transfer case fluids need to changed regularly.
thanks to @CarbonSteel
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/change-driveline-fluids-early.83929/post-2108566

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for your trouble & hope they get you fixed before too long.

Here is some good info for those following the thread 🤠 .

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry for your trouble & hope they get you fixed before too long.

Here is some good info for those following the thread 🤠 .

Also super helpful. Thank you 🙏🏻

I wish the dealer would listen when I asked them to check the fluids. Looks like I’m about to have to crawl up under there myself and learn a few things

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also super helpful. Thank you 🙏🏻

I wish the dealer would listen when I asked them to check the fluids. Looks like I’m about to have to crawl up under there myself and learn a few things
These transfer cases are fairly simple & it should become clear what is wrong once you take the back 1/2 of the case off.
Good luck. 🤠

Edit: Where in CA are you located?

Last edited:

K76Husker

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn that sucks, at least I got mine out to the wild before it failed, for better or worse. Since yours is manual do you not have the advanced 4x4?

side note, since the rental already smells like a dirty sock just fart all over it to really stick it to the man
Yeah it does have advanced 4x4. And I will take your advice with the rental lol

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These transfer cases are fairly simple & it should be come clear what is wrong once you take the back 1/2 of the case off.
Good luck. 🤠

Edit: Where in CA are you located?
NorCal-Sacramento area

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did have this thought but it wasn’t cold enough to cause that, at least I don’t think. Also, I’m pretty sure the bash plays cover the transfer case? Am I wrong?
Sorry for the long wait, I was trying to find a good enough screenshot of the transfer case and the associated skid plate. The bash plate that you are referring to is not the same.

Ford Bronco Second failed transfer case 1705450208182

Sponsored