First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just noticed this morning when I had my Bronco in the driveway that there was a small stain on the garage floor. It wasnt puddled, just a stain. Crawled underneath and saw some droplets of fluid on the transfer case in a couple places. Is this a cause for concern for an immediate shop visit, or is this something that's not quite serious yet? Thanks!

2021 OBX, 2.7L, 6600 miles

Ford Bronco Transfer Case Leak/Seepage? IMG_6336

Ford Bronco Transfer Case Leak/Seepage? IMG_6337

Ford Bronco Transfer Case Leak/Seepage? IMG_6338

Ford Bronco Transfer Case Leak/Seepage? IMG_6339
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just noticed this morning when I had my Bronco in the driveway that there was a small stain on the garage floor. It wasnt puddled, just a stain. Crawled underneath and saw some droplets of fluid on the transfer case in a couple places. Is this a cause for concern for an immediate shop visit, or is this something that's not quite serious yet? Thanks!

2021 OBX, 2.7L, 6600 miles

Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your preferred Ford dealer so I can look into this leak concern for you? Thank you!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd keep an eye on it, if it keeps up for a couple weeks take it in, warranty repair.

Side story: My '55 Willys Wagon would leave about half a teaspoon of most every fluid every day. Told my dad, an old school mechanic. He told me I needed to learn the difference between a seep and a leak, I had 'seeps".

Fast forward 50 years...take it in if it keeps up, modern vehicles shouldn't do that.

OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd keep an eye on it, if it keeps up for a couple weeks take it in, warranty repair.

Side story: My '55 Willys Wagon would leave about half a teaspoon of most every fluid every day. Told my dad, an old school mechanic. He told me I needed to learn the difference between a seep and a leak, I had 'seeps".

Fast forward 50 years...take it in if it keeps up, modern vehicles shouldn't do that.

Thanks, drove it around a week, and continues to leak so I scheduled an appt for next week. Its even spraying on the plastic cover to the side of the driveshaft.

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6350.jpg

IMG_6349.jpg

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, drove it around a week, and continues to leak so I scheduled an appt for next week. Its even spraying on the plastic cover to the side of the driveshaft.

Ford Bronco Transfer Case Leak/Seepage? IMG_6349

Looks like you have the same problem myself and a few others have run into, a bad rear output shaft seal. Mine hit at ~12K miles, and I've had no issues after it was replaced. Hope they get you fixed up quick.

This is what it looked like:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/transfer-case-output-shaft-seal-leak.43381/

Sponsored
OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like you have the same problem myself and a few others have run into, a bad rear output shaft seal. Mine hit at ~12K miles, and I've had no issues after it was replaced. Hope they get you fixed up quick.

This is what it looked like:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/transfer-case-output-shaft-seal-leak.43381/
Yep, I'd put money on it being the same issue. Can't believe I missed that thread when it was originally discussed. Thanks for the link.

Extremejojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think mine is a little worse off than yours. Had my oil changed about 2k miles ago so I hope this wasn't missed but my transfer case and surrounding area are coated. Was doing a once over for a cross country trip I have planned and noticed the leak. My dealership says that can't get it in for weeks. I leave in 9 days :( Wildtrak 2.7L, 19k miles.

Screenshot_20230617_192123_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230617_192127_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230617_192130_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think mine is a little worse off than yours. Had my oil changed about 2k miles ago so I hope this wasn't missed but my transfer case and surrounding area are coated. Was doing a once over for a cross country trip I have planned and noticed the leak. My dealership says that can't get it in for weeks. I leave in 9 days :( Wildtrak 2.7L, 19k miles.

Screenshot_20230617_192123_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230617_192127_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230617_192130_Gallery.jpg
Yeah, it took about a month for the part to come in. I finally have an appt this week, just in time for my big road trip to the east coast at the end of the month.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 things come to mind ,if it stops leaking its out of fluid ,and maybe its just marking its territory.

recon1126

Base
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
After seeing all these posts I went under and mine is also leaking. Sucks because I have my 1st offroad course scheduled for Dec 3rd and the dealer said they can't take a look until Nov 29th. 22 Sasquatch with 24000.
Sponsored