First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a non-SAS Big Bend finally on the docket to build. Has any installed the 1” zone lift themselves? I have a moderate mechanical aptitude but wondering if I should leave it to the pros as I haven’t tackled anything quite like it in the past. It looks like a fairly straight forward install.
Sponsored

GemStateTransplant

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is the 1in lift just the strut spacer? If so it's not bad at all. I've installed one with my buddy on his 2012 F150 and it was fairly easy. Seems to be fairly similar install.

Big E Tacocat

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol read my recent thread and decide from there. I wish I would've just paid someone and I'm very mechanically inclined. If you decide to tackle it buy new axle nuts, according to a TSB someone posted on my thread they are single use nuts.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Front isn't to bad, the rear is a pain in the butt. The easier lift is one that you don't have to press out studs.
I’ve only done the rear so far, seemed easy enough, and I’m not mechanically inclined whatsoever (this is my first time working on anything that involves jacking the vehicle up), what was the hardest part for you?

The way I did the rear was to jack up on the diff to remove the tires, break the lower bolt, then let the axle droop all the way unsupported (I checked the brake lines/other wires and they looked pretty unbothered but I could’ve been wrong to do this), take out the top shock bolts, then fully remove the lower bolt. The first time on the driver side I thought I could catch it, that didn’t really work out so I had someone support the coilover on the passenger side:ROFLMAO:

I worked on the rear first because I thought it’d be easier than the front, haha

Last edited:

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also OP, I’m pretty sure the 1” zone lift is the easiest lift you can install because it doesn’t involve separating the shock from the spring, it’s just a snap on the top and bottom if I’m not mistaken

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol read my recent thread and decide from there. I wish I would've just paid someone and I'm very mechanically inclined. If you decide to tackle it buy new axle nuts, according to a TSB someone posted on my thread they are single use nuts.
Yeah. All the newer sealed wheel bearings are single use nuts.
Question is why did you need to remove the axle shafts?

Big E Tacocat

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah. All the newer sealed wheel bearings are single use nuts.
Question is why did you need to remove the axle shafts?
The directions said remove it so you can slide it out a little bit to get enough clearance to remove the strut. It was required removing the strut was really tight

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The directions said remove it so you can slide it out a little bit to get enough clearance to remove the strut. It was required removing the strut was really tight
Did you pop the strut lower studs out before trying to remove it?

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you installing the 1" level for cosmetic (rake) reasons or tire clearance? Reason I ask? Our '22 2dr non SAS BB has 315/70/17s on 17x8.5 0 offset wheels with ZERO lift / spacers. All I did was remove crash bars. No rub, even at hard flex on the front end.

Regardless - easiest way to do the front is drop the lower control arm. You need to get it aligned after anyway.

Rear is actually easier than front. The thing everyone seems to struggle with is the lower strut bolt on the rear. It's torque to some ridiculous setting by Ford most of the time. Use a long breaker bar and extend that with a piece of metal pipe.

Check this video:

I was going to help a guy I know install his. I sent this video. The next night he texted me and said he did it himself. The only thing he struggled with was the lower rear strut bolt. He just used a LONG pipe as a cheater bar on the the ratchet.
Sponsored