Sentry Mode

mack73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender or Bronco?
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Eh... doesn't look intentional. Just regular dumb people who aren't paying attention. Happens to everyone's car sooner or later. Usually its those pesky door dings....

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, those bins can become unruly, especially if the surface is rough. But I do like the ability of the car to monitor periphery and alert you if there's an incursion of any kind. Most dash cams have a similar feature, but with an OEM system, it could link to the cellular connection the car has and give you real-time data. And there's a lot you could do with that - your own driveway/front door monitor, and other applications.

Dbarrett38

Outer Banks
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150. 2017 fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You'd think with all the cameras especially on pickups. There would be a way to have them record wouldn't take a whole lot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BHShaman

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dashcam is not
I'm assuming this is some way to charge extra for basic dash-cam like properties
Gonna need a lot of dashcams and good splicing software, and don't forget the motion detectors to link them to in order to get a 360 view of your car that is not running all the time.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna need a lot of dashcams and good splicing software, and don't forget the motion detectors to link them to in order to get a 360 view of your car that is not running all the time.
3 normal ones. They have wide angle lenses and batteries, motion sensors and/or g-sensors. At least any decent one worth buying does (usually around $100-$200).

The only thing they're doing is integrating them into the vehicle, which is good, and I think more manufacturers should, but it's not that special or inventive.

OP
OP
BHShaman

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
3 normal ones. They have wide angle lenses and batteries, motion sensors and/or g-sensors. At least any decent one worth buying does (usually around $100-$200).
..... but it's not that special or inventive.
You should get right on that. If you can sell me a Sentry Mode Set up for $300 that integrates with my dashboard LCD and does not look like Mad Max running wires all over my car, I'm in.

But, you can't. So why be such a downer man.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tesla+sentry+mode+compilation&sp=CAM%3D

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure it has benefits but I'll pass, let's keep it simple.

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it, I'd get it if it was an option...also have the option to flip it on to capture your wheeling adventures, then easily sync to phone at the end of your trip wirelessly. Corvette has a version of this for track days.
This.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since we now know the Bronco will have 360 cameras and a trail camera...

I really wish ford would offer a sentry mode. The problem I see is battery usage in an ICE vehicle when it's not running. I'd put a 2nd AGM battery in the small 2-door trunk if I thought word would get around to opportunists that the new Bronco has a sentry mode.
Sponsored